Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Verdantis Mines lower level, annoying/crazy respawn rate

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Nolove 0369, Oct 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

I think one of the main problems is that most folks are still assuming the role of both gatherer and crafter... which, by design, is admittedly difficult (much more-so than in your "traditional mmo"). There's been many discussions and I think the Devs need to address it again in this month's Post Mortem.

How do they plan on going about allowing a beginner crafter to be able to afford (both time and monetarily) the materials they need to experiment and raise skill without having to gather them themselves? What's the long-term game plan there? I'm willing to gather my own wood right now and progress my carpentry at a lower rate if need be, before establishing myself a storefront, etc. to allow for the rules to be set, the world to be fleshed out more and the economy to grow.

2. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

My problem tends to be in XP costs. At level 98 tailoring, it is wasteful for me to do anything with less than several hundred thousand in my crafting pool. If I had to rely on my own refinement and crafting to build my XP pool and purchased my raw materials from gatherers, I would never get anywhere even if creating thousands of items. The fact that crafting materials are also prohibitively expensive is a side concern when compared to XP pools.

3. dreamlarp

dreamlarp Avatar

The problem is they make it that you can only build a pool of exp by producing/gathering. In most MMO's you have a strong killer type char who gathers and the crafter who uses those mats. But in this game the crafter HAS to gather in dangerous areas just to get the exp also besides the mats. This chars doing everything just does not work the way they have it now. There's no room for any specialized type of char. We are being forced into being jack of all trades. I liked the fact that we can choose to be all kinds of chars we want to play. But as it is we are forced to be a jack of all trades.

Oninoshiko, syxs, Nolove 0369 and 3 others like this.
  4. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

AMEN! I wish we could get Portalarium to understand!

Nolove 0369 likes this.
  5. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

That doesn't mean make the regular ones harder so now they are unplayable for the casual players, or the regular people. They were asking for more difficult ZONES ..... Meaning add a 6 skull area, 7 skull for those who want more of a challenge . Stop making the regular zones freaking harder then what they already are ... I used to be able to hunt in a 5 skull area, now I can't, too many come in packs now, I am back to 4 skull.... All they had to do, is clone a 5 skull area, up the toughness of the mobs there, and call it a 6 skull area etc... then make changes to it after to make it unique ... And the agro range of the mobs is ridiculous. This game is becoming less fun, and more aggravation then it's worth ... SO to sum it up, Please stop making it harder for everyone, to please the few, give them a harder 6-7 skull zone instead ...

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  6. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

I think this is a real concern as well. It would be interesting if a Dev @Chris could chime in on the questions surrounding "pure crafter" not being able to raise their crafting XP high enough w/o having to battle mobs to get to gathering spots. The way the system is now for gaining crafting XP seems reliant completely on gathering in dangerous areas, as all areas are a bit dangerous if you have no combat skills. :-/ sort of a catch 22.

7. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

Ummm... If the game was almost impossible to play from the start, then why or how would anyone have played it? As opposed to making it playable and easier and finally after 30+ episodes reaching the threshold of difficulty where discussion is necessary.

Or were you being sarcastic and it just flew by me...

8. Tibs

Tibs Avatar

Grouping should not be compulsory.

dp_dropout, Aldo and Xandra7 like this.
  9. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

Well buy design you have to gather to get Producer XP, then you use that Xp in your production and refining skills, But you have to take on both rolls.

10. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Remember that they have their heat sensors that track player deaths.

11. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

Dieing is not the issue. As I stated before most of us can surrive the mines...the issue is were there to mine not fight all damm night.

Xandra7 likes this.
  12. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I renamed your topic... try to make it relevant to the actual discussion please. It's not for emotional promotion :).

WehTeheFf and Fister Magee like this.
  13. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

@Berek

REALY!!!
    I guse after 1000 views and over 100 post, this topic has gotten to much attention.

"Completly Ridiculous "
    Was the perfect name for this topic and matched this discussion perfectly, and now you renamed my post as if im asking a question on how to mine silver in the Verdantis mine.
    Are you kidding me?
    This will no longer even get a second look.
    This thread is now dead.... Thank you.
    And to think nothing has even been mentioned about a slight adjustment to fix the Huge balance issue. Keeping us from playing the game.

Xandra7 likes this.
  14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Y E A H, to bad the development team has screwed themselves so much from the start giving players way to much way to easily, and now are trying to back peddle their way to a sensible game that the push back is intense.

Perhaps they should have listened to some who said start off impossible??

Ah well can not wait until they realize they are going to have to wipe some stuff to get even a remote balance in the game . . . . . .

As of now the game is not going to get much support to draw in new players as others are going to tell them that they are GM but for a new player to get there will take a year - the way is should have started, but damage is done now

Kaisa likes this.
  15. himmelweiss22

himmelweiss22 Avatar

I liked the previous topic more.

And i would have renamed it to:
    Verdantis Mines lower level, annoying/crazy respawn rate

The new topic indeed reads like the OP is a "super noob"

16. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Berek's topic change is spot on, and correct according to the forum rules, stop whining about that lol! If you are concerned it isn't getting enough traction because of the name change, then maybe the topic isn't a good one if it relies on the 'click-bait' title it had before. I don't like those kind of threads, which is why I may have come in hot-n-heavy earlier. Anyway, good job @Berek !

Wayfarer and WehTeheFf like this.
  17. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

The new topic name is misleading and insulting, the real message has been ignored and made fun of.

cobran and himmelweiss22 like this.
  18. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I've changed it to the suggested above.

Rasp, Wayfarer, Xandra7 and 3 others like this.
  19. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

himmelweiss22 likes this.
  20. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

I was just in Alysium mines for about 1 hour and left.. ( I am not going back till they fix this )..
    A mine is for mining not ADV XP grinding, If I wanted that I would go to DR and play with the Elder wolves and spiders..

IMHO If they want to make it harder then Make the elementals a tire 4 or 5 and/ or throw in a Ghost or two. but once we defeat them PLZ PLZ let us mine!!! at the moment we get to maybe mine 2 -3 before I am ingaged again by 2 elementals just to be interrupted again in 10-20 secs by another 1 or 2 elementals.. This leave no room to actually mine.

Suggestion:
    1: Try Lowering the re-spawn rate By 40%
    2: Increase the elemental strength by 15-25%% when the elementals are grouped and ( 40%-50% when the elementals are single )
    3: Try adding in a few Ghost ( Since there is Onxy gems there ).
    4: Add a lich which will appear every few consecutive ghost kills ( with a modest XP reward as there is already silver there as a reward ).

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    LoneStranger and himmelweiss22 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.