I bought a raffle ticket.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Poor game design, Aug 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

Well, eventually there will be quite a few lots up for sale, for I'm guessing 500k+.

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

All I know is I'm sure I have a winning ticket. I can just tell! :)

zyxe, Sentinel2, Leelu and 3 others like this.
  3. Retro

Retro Avatar

This game is too much to keep track of, it's like a second job

Where can I buy a ticket?
    When is the raffle?

rild, Acred, Tahru and 1 other person like this.
  4. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

Housing vendor in most towns and about a month before the drawing, no rush.

5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I don't see it as a job, but I agree that there's a lot going on. I love the fact that there always seems to be new challenges like this. It's a living world.

Leelu, rild, Acred and 2 others like this.
  6. CyJack3

CyJack3 Avatar

Sorry for being such a noob but I can't figure out this raffle thing. I made it to Ardoris and talked to the realtor people above the bank but there is not option to buy a raffle ticket. What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Leelu and Tahru like this.
  7. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

FYI: the housing vendor is usually in the bank building on an upper floor.

8. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

The ticket is for sale from thee vendor's item list.

9. CyJack3

CyJack3 Avatar

Thanks for the quick response but I'm just not seeing it. There are 2 people in the bank above Ardoris: Beatrice the realtor who sells nothing, and Ingvar the carpenter who only sells recipes and a couple crafting tools. I just don't see raffle ticket anywhere on the list. At the moment I don't even have enough money I just want to make sure it's an option before I try saving up the gold.

10. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Not sure, I only know the one in Central Britney. Assumed the rest were the same.

11. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea, but even if just 75 people decide to play the raffle, and each buy 10 tickets, that means you're competing against 750 tickets, and have to raise the amount of money you put in to make sure "probably" remains "probably." So instead of putting in 10k gold, you end up putting in 100k gold to maintain your chances. 100k gold is a heck of a lot closer to 157.5k gold -- the amount you've estimated a ticket might cost -- and you're risking it and might win nothing. Last release I risked 40k for 8 POT deeds and 20k for 2 PAD deeds, at a total for 80k and won a row POT deed. I spent more than 10k. So your fears people are paying too little for the chance to win are overstated with the assumption that everyone will only be buying one ticket.

Btw, I don't like this raffle system at all. But you know what, some people are looking to get deeds because they're planning to use them for a real in-game purpose to add to the game; not to resell them. And those who are going to use them, we're going to have to pay high taxes once we use them. I'm also raising enough funds in case I end up having to buy the deed from another player. Yet, if the cost of getting raffle tickets went up, not only would it make it more difficult for me to participate in the raffle, the cost players would sell the deeds for would go up as well, meaning I'd have to pay even more buying it from another player. Please don't make it difficult for those of us who are trying to get deeds based on sketchy math that doesn't take in account the risks involved and the number of raffle tickets you have to purchase to maintain even odds.

Leelu likes this.
  12. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Im sitting out on the raffle this month. Way too many accounts getting free tickets this month.

13. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Very bad idea. The POT raffle still has amazing odds compared to the amount of ppl that actually play this game. In fact its probably less tickets than the big group had last raffle. You really think there are 600 new players that actually claimed their tickets? Probably better odds than the last raffle and everyone is considering waiting until the next one, are you going to roll the dice? I would suggest that you do...

14. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I'm considering to wait until Chris gives us the winning odd analyses like last time before dumping my GP into the raffle again.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    Leelu, Adam Crow and moko like this.
  15. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

If I had to guess, I bet right now there have been less tickets bought compared to the last raffle at this time.

16. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

All of this makes me wonder one important question: when the game releases, will there even be a single lot available for new players before Ep2?

Vermine likes this.
  17. Tripp Swindle

Tripp Swindle Avatar

I had the same problem in Adoris. Drop into the POT of Fallin' Green. The wagon to access the town is inside the entrance to Adoris. The deco merchant there sells tickets.

moko likes this.
  18. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Really like the idea of limiting multiple wins on the same account. I understand this is a gold sink but this was also suppose to be a chance for players without houses to get one. Having one person take 70+ of those deeds really defeats that purpose.

I think they should allow you to buy multiple tickets but, once you reach your limit on wins then the remainder of your tickets are removed from the drawing. If they are going to make a change like this I would hope they do it soon before people put too much into it.

I also hope these losing tickets will get a deco model so I can display them.

19. Grim Future

Grim Future Avatar

Hmmm...

1.) This certainly takes away the advantage of people with lots of gold.

2,) But... it simply TRANSFERS that advantage to all the people with multiple accounts.

3.) This isn't really "solving a problem"... this is just a "transfer of power".
    It takes an advantage away from one type of player, and just gives that advantage to a different type of player.

Hopefully the devs think all these things through before they make changes.
    :)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  20. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

I agree with this part completely. Not that it should cost > 157,000 gold, but that it should cost more (I'd say 20,000 because it takes a decent amount of time for a total newbie to earn that but it's not completely prohibitive for someone who plays 10 hours a week to get within the month) AND be limited to one per account.

If not limited to one ticket per account, I think each account should only be able to win one of each type of deed per drawing, maybe even one total deed per drawing, as long as they started drawing for the largest deeds first.

I also would not prohibit entry by accounts that already possess a deed. I have two deeds, a tax-free town deed and a taxable village deed I paid for and it wouldn't be cool to keep me from having a fair chance at ONE deed because I supported the game (again, I'm pretty against being allowed to win more than one deed per account, the furthest I'm comfortable with is one deed per type of lot per account).

Just my opinion. The way it currently is with one account walking away with 70+ deeds is ridiculous. As for people with multiple accounts, I don't think any account should have limited abilities because they are owned by the same person, each account should be treated independently as each was independently paid for--why do I care who controls it?

Kara Brae and liz_the_wiz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.