Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Change SOTA name to Shroud of One man band

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Gatsu., Oct 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

PLEASE stop losing time and devs on this unnecessary thing, DEVS, people are asking for a wipe, players are leaving game , all players are on SINGLE mode, there are cheaters that have reached millions and millions of pool (and others millions and millions of GP) killing things using fire ring, other have reached 100 of blacksmithing without using a single IRON ingot (there are players that sell swords/bows created by stolen skills at 350.000 GP!)

WHO WOULD HEAR THIS INSTRUMENT? (who play multiplayer?)
    WHY THERE IS SO MUCH WASTE OF TIME ON THIS THING? (there is no trace of this on kickstarter)

FIX THE GAME PLEASE
    (and reduce to 80 lvl all skills >80 of cheaters)

Mitara, Tydes, kaeshiva and 3 others like this.
  2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Not to diminish your valid concerns, but I kind of like the name change idea.

3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

pls dont. i worked very hard for my 82 polearm. i was planning to climb to 85 soon. id cry if that got kicked back to 80 :(.

uziraff, Mitara and Leelu like this.
  4. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

Are you a cheater? ( i don't think..)

Snikorts likes this.
  5. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I dont know, how does one define cheating? I am currently naive to whatever is considered cheating in this game. I attack mobs and rapidly spam my polearm styles until they die. Thats how I got to 82 polearm. How else does one do it?

Vrunk Hrrk, Leelu and Snikorts like this.
  6. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

[OT] on past you have just to kill enemies using (bugged) ring of fire bypassing walls or from different altitude.. reach 1.000.0000 of Adventuring pool.. and then HIT the gust ball using your polearm reaching 100 of polearm skill. [/OT]

Ravicus Domdred and Snikorts like this.
  7. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

You are complaining about players playing in single player mode in a SELECTIVE Multiplayer game with single player mode, friends mode, open online mode and offline mode?

This would be about me complaining about Doom players playing the single player campaign isntead of just playing online in multiplayer mode...

The single player mode(s) are part of the game design. The Selective Multiplayer approach is THE defining game feature of SotA. SotA is NOT a MMORPG!

docdoom77, Ellrynn, Leelu and 3 others like this.
  8. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Not everyone is a cheater, there are plenty of people online, people are joining the game everyday as well.

As for the exploits, that has no bareing to the dev of items likeone man band, they are handled by two different departments.
    You can make a statment about the exploits, but leave my one man band out of it :)

9. Swan

Swan Avatar

around 50% of normal game price is under tag of that 5-piece one man band.
    wish i could play that thing, but paywall isnt thing im in to for more ingame content
    i already did pay for the game..

Ravicus Domdred and Tahru like this.
  10. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

well you can craft one instead then :)

Leelu, Tahru and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  11. Swan

Swan Avatar

its 2 piece, you very well know its not the same

Ravicus Domdred, Snikorts and Tahru like this.
  12. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Im pretty sure theres more than the 2 piece.

Leelu likes this.
  13. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

There is really nothing wrong with the game being selective multiplayer online. GTA Online is also a selective multiplayer game. A few months ago, they made over $500 mil just from selling micro transaction stuff itself.

The key is to make the game fun to play and people will keep playing it. People gotta stop having this wrong expectation about requiring this game to be filled with avatars running around in the same zone being the only way to be successful.

At some point in your game life, wouldn't you want to have a bunch of one man band folk follow you like WWE champion?

Leelu, Tydes, Lord_Darkmoon and 2 others like this.
  14. Swan

Swan Avatar

if you mean the 4 piece it was telethon award..

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  15. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

i may be confused, but i thought Matt told me they were working on a craftable 5 piece, just with different outfit and such.
    I may be wrong though.
    If not surely we can request them to add one, most other things get the addon/craftable versions.

Leelu likes this.
  16. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

I never cheated or exploited and I have 4 GM skills. So please don't reduce my skills to 80, it took me a ton of playing time to achieve them. I realize you said only for cheaters, but that's pretty hard to pin down. How do you prove a person cheated to receive those skills, especially if they have a ton of game time?

Right now without cheating you can get into a high end group and get 200,000 to a million experience in an hour under the right conditions. It only takes a few million to GM some skills. Many people could get the experience to GM a skill in a day or two without any exploits.

Even casually soloing I often get 50,000 to 75,000 an hour or more. So I can wake up tomorrow and in 16 hours get a million experience and if I dumped it all into one skill, it would be way over 80.

So unless the developers are recording and watching how every player receives their experience, there's no way to pin point who received experience legitimately and who used exploits. I believe you are accusing many people of exploiting who are instead just dedicated players.

Zader, Leelu and Black Tortoise like this.
  17. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I see. Well, I wouldnt call that cheating, personally. I thought you meant via hacks or doing something illegal as per the EULA and whatnot. I agree that a) aoe shouldnt work through walls and b) that could feel like an unfair advantage over those who like to play the traditional way. I would not want to play this way, it makes the whole game feel boring and pointless, but Im sure those that do play this way think my playstyle is boring.

Ultimately, I would not agree that these folks have their EXP taken away. Every game ever is going to have power gamers like this. Ive never had over 150K exp in my pool ever lol, and dont care if I reach 100 polearm next week or 6 months from now. I dont care if someone pbaoe'd through a wall and earned their GM polearm "macro'ing afk," I think I had way more fun than they did.

In a year, maybe even sooner, someone is going to sell a pledge account with a "7x GM Mage" sort of build on it. Should the person buying that account have their exp wiped? I dont think so. I also think buying a character ruins your experience in a game like this, and the most fun and appreciation is had building it from scratch. Yet apparently, there is a pretty big market for this. I dont see much of a difference between gustballing 1mm exp into gm weapon and buying an account with a "high level" character already made on it. Both sound like youre only sort of half participating in the game experience.

Tahru and Leelu like this.
  18. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

You are right of course. What ever happen to time when people played games to have fun and succeeding in a game felt like an accomplishment? I guess I am just too old fashioned for believing that there are still people that appreciate doing things the hard way and earning it. It's not all shinny and result is most often fractured, but at least there is the real person behind it.

Zader, niteowl57 and Black Tortoise like this.
  19. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

I have one GM, blacksmith. I NEVER use single player. I play fair and try hard. And I LOVE this game, even when they nerf my best skills. Why? I think they try their best, even when they fail.

I LOVE SOTA!

Zader, Lord Ravnos, uhop and 4 others like this.
  20. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

True; but that doesn't prevent the company from shifting man power from one dept. to the other. In most companies if design work is leaving manufacturing in the dust then they would axe some designers and/or get more factory labor. My point is while there are different departments, are there enough people in the right departments. I'm all for new "fun" content. But man there are a lot of concerns and the bug pages doesn't seem to be getting enough attention (probably because only one person mans them as tons of bug reports come in).

Just my thoughts
    ~Woden

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.