New sub Forum for 'complaints and concerns' ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pepsy, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pepsy

Pepsy Avatar

Do you have some examples? Can you name some games for me that don't have organized forums, or register only forums? Perhaps you can name some games that were ruined because of forums changes in the development stage of the game?

It is even clearer to me now than it was when I made this post. How much of a problem we have. I was only asking for this because I was concerned about the image of the game, as well as tired of seeing the same 6 people using the gen forums as there personal soap box.
    After seeing some of the people who responded to this thread try to defend their action's by calls of a Russian like media censorship, I looked into most of their post history, and it is for the most part filled with the exact thing I was talking about.

“The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it.

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!”
    Brian Cox

2. Pepsy

Pepsy Avatar

That sword cuts both ways.

3. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

I hope you'll forgive me if I forevermore refer to you as the Architect of Purple Prose. Still what you say seems to be fairly reasonable even if it is mostly generic platitudes.

4. Vagabond Sam

Vagabond Sam Avatar

I think the perceptions of negativity are being overblown.

Particularly conflating it with things like climate change denial via Brian Cox's quote.

I've addressed my thoughts on the matter broadly speaking and not particularly interested in getting into a debate over semantics.

I'm trying to save for a village lot deposit

5. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

There are at least 4 mods I know of if you include Berek. I won't go outing them as their tags were removed for a reason though most who have been here for any significant time are familiar with their names.

Spoon likes this.
  6. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Maybe I'm a mod now too. You'll never know. ;)

Myrcello likes this.
  7. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

The issue here should not be if a Complaints and Concerns Forum is needed, but that with an already limited pool of players in SotA, creating even more sub-forums will further dilute activity in channels and make the game look "dead-er".

Kaisa likes this.
  8. Pepsy

Pepsy Avatar

Don't mistake 'Do not judge' for 'Do not discern'. Embracing ill behavior in the pursuit of wisdom and fairness is as futile as swallowing your own vomit as to not offend the carpet.

jammaplaya likes this.
  9. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

As long as people posting negative feedback here, some still care about it. I can understand how it can make some people feel bad about it... we nowadays no longer learn the lesson in life that we have to compromise with other people and have conflicts...

However what happened here already is that a lot of negativity has been vented outside of this game and the forums, which turned out to be more harmful to the game. Every review or article about the game turned out in a negativity fest in the comments. That's because most people took the moderation happening here personally including myself to be honest.

Kaisa, Myrcello and Vagabond_Sam like this.
  10. fillyblunts

fillyblunts Avatar

To be honest we already have this, its /r/shroudoftheavatar

11. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Horse / Dead = Manure

Sh It's gonna happen. There is no cure. Pick any game and visit the forums and the same exists, unless there is a head cutter as a mod, in which case there will be no value in any of the posts. End this thread already please, since we know this is never going to happen anyway.

12. Thunder Chicken

Thunder Chicken Avatar

You mean like a "safe space"

Vagabond_Sam likes this.
  13. Pepsy

Pepsy Avatar

When you put it like that it makes me feel dirty.
    I have to admit my request is selfish, I have a really hard time not being engaged by "Is this a waste of your time?" type threads on the gen forums. Then I'm in the OP's post history categorizing their post's into a google spreadsheet to find out where their narrative begins. Fast forward 2 hours and i'm staring at a picture of their house on google earth judging their front yard on how green the grass is...:rolleyes: I do think we have let this run for long enough tho, now that we have all the dissenters in one place we can initialize @jammaplaya 's master plan. Anyone who disagreed with this post will only be allowed to write crayon font with automatic grammar and spelling errors enforced. :D

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  14. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

god these guys would just hate that too. Crayola spellchecking censorship?? +1

I could care less if they loose all their freedoms.

Pepsy likes this.
  15. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

How about Port just makes a better game, and we get more satisfied customers here. Win win for everyone.

16. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I thought the current release feedback sub forum was already accomplishing this task.

Complaints and concerns are feedback. Nice thing is that the forum gets archived each release. I see this as a strenth of the system as you can bring up new points or your old points again each release as your passions change/stay the same.

Just don't expect dev responses!

Pepsy and docdoom77 like this.
  17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Left Left click on the Char name in the avatars window - in the right side is an Option to Ignore them.

Now this does not prevent them from creating treads or osint ghings that can take up space on your whats new but it is the only option.

I have asked for ways to ignore a whole tread but that is not possible so you just have to bucke down and just not open them and mark them as read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.