Umuri's SOTA HUD - Combat Stats, Log parsing, /stats, DPS meter, and more. Now with Quests+

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Umuri, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Easiest thing may be the Steam runtime (which is an Ubuntu-based library subset), most of the compatibility issues across various distros have been discovered and worked around.

2. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

if you can give me a screenshot of the threat popup and what signature it believes it's matching, i can look into it. Hopefully it's a similar case with the above mention of an overzealous static library include

Good to hear

I'll have to do some reading on it, I generally abhor runtimes as a rule of thumb (.net/java/etc) due to the required extra install and view them as an ugly kludge to get cross-platformability.

3. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

It's not that sort of runtime, more an easy way of getting binary compatibility across multiple distros without static linking. Less convenient for those people that don't already have Steam installed, but the alternative is likely going to be you packaging your own versions of libraries that are in the runtime.

4. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

Hi Umuri,

I have a few suggestions:

1. Responsive design so the HUD could be resized to whatever window dimensions the user wanted. Responsive tables can be done with pseudo elements pretty easily, and would be great to be able to have the HUD as a long narrow shade at the top of the screen.

2. Another timer with a few options like a countdown from user set time, stopwatch etc. (Handy for counting down spawn times on CP chests etc.)
    3. Messages filters to separate misc messages, combat log message, whispers etc to different tabs as far as is possible through string recognition, (love the timestamps btw, very handy).

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  5. Vaclav

Vaclav Avatar

WTF remove the sounds WTF

6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Psst. Seems Lum got a bit mad and removed the Virtue values from the stats...

Moiseyev Trueden and Alley Oop like this.
  7. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I see what you did there. *golfclap*

Alley Oop and Spoon like this.
  8. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

There's an option to turn them off. Checkout the new config page.
    Also in the next version there's a volume slider. I just got sidetracked on things in life and didn't get it out as a minor patch.

I would like to take this time to point out that the virtue stats are -1 within the chatlog file itself, this is not an error in the HUD, and going off pure heresay and guesswork, my bet is they did it to fix a bug in virtue cloaks that happens when people have out of range/null/0 values, since we've also yet to see anyone with a non-blue cloak.

Responsive design is easier said than done, but it could be on the list. I want to get the main features in first before i really start messing with beauty stuff though. But it is on the long term list, shorter if someone pops up with an easy overlay that makes it simple.
    Both good, had one on the list, but now both Stopwatch and countdown timer will be added to tools.
    This may be a bit later but we'll see what we can do.

Moiseyev Trueden, moko and Spoon like this.
  9. Vaclav

Vaclav Avatar

LOL the sounds scared me when I first heard them, it was loud, that i was having a popup invasion

Umuri likes this.
  10. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Yeah i ripped that entire sound system out and redid it. I didn't notice it on the first dev machine but when i moved it to the laptop i realized that first soundsystem override system sound controls, which is stupid.
    The new one is much much nicer.

11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Umuri likes this.
  12. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

I love being wrong. :)

Alley Oop likes this.
  13. TrikSteve

TrikSteve Avatar

Yeah mine is black with red glow .. i stole too much as a young lad.

14. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Intentionally changed to -1 so we can't see our virtues and game the system.

15. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

I was being hopeful. :p

16. moko

moko Avatar

Currently the "Status" Tab doesn't work for me, the other functions work fine?

EDIT: Weird, it's all fine today again, sorry!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  17. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

You have to type /stats before it will load. I will see about adding something in there to better clarify that

18. moko

moko Avatar

I did that, really, multiple times, I have no idea why it didn't work that day but should've probably restarted the client since the next day it worked perfectly again :)

19. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Trying to wrap up completion on the next HUD version, although it might release with some unpolished features because it's been too long since the last one (sorry october is my busy month).

Among new features coming:
    Starting structures of a map/minimap
    Popup notifications
    Better sound system/volume control.
    Much better configuration options, including a drop down for player names to eliminate any possible mistakes there.
    and more!
    I may get the start of the popout feature in as well so you can pull out subwindows... depends on how badly i coded myself into a corner there

20. Turock Ockenshire

Turock Ockenshire Avatar

Very cool app.... couple questions that I did not find answers to in the 7 previous pages...
    1) How does SkillGain tab work. I tested it by hitting a gustball with obsidian arrows... my skill went up but I see no entry in the HUD.
    Update - figured it out... it has the list of skills that went up a level during the current logging time.​
    2) Do we need to type /stats frequently to make sure the HUD stays up to date?

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.