I give up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2112Starman, Oct 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Im pulling all of the enchanted and mastercraft bronze / Constantan chain pieces off my vendors (dozens up dozens) and Im just gonna donate them to my guild. There is no market...

I give up.

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

There's only a few hundred active players. And why would you think there would be a market for things people can make themselves? Why would you think there would be a market for things that people only need one of?

The crafting system is far from finished. Playing this game as if it's supposed to be finished will break your heart. Which is exactly why there are all kinds of signs saying "this is not finished" everywhere.

Also, have you considered that in one thread you're complaining about the RNG destroying items and in this thread you're saying "There's no market!" I mean seriously, think about that for a second. Can those two things coexist peacefully together? No.

3. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

:( sorry to hear. This is why there needs to be competition for resources. There is none :(

4. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Again, trolling. Is your goal to follow me in every post and troll me now?

Like many others, I have reported your behavior, I sure hope they follow up.

5. Drocis the Devious

Maybe when someone creates click bait "I give up" they get more attention than they'd like?

I'm just here to put some reality into the conversation. I'm not here because it's you. Check my forum history, I've barely been posting anything for weeks. But this type of knee jerk overreaction to the crafting system hits a nerve with me.

Why is it that everything I say is "trolling" when it comes to your posts? Am I not allowed to disagree with you? I find it hard to believe that the only two posts I've responded to for weeks are the only two you've made. I'm guessing you've started more than two threads over the last four weeks (many of which I haven't said a word in).

6. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

there you go again. Did you not get the warning last thread (Im sure you did)

again, if you have a problem with my posts, take it to PM

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Might just be no demand for those. Competition for resources is hardly a major factor in this.

I've been using regular copper suit enchanted and masterworked till +6 and have not had any need for anything better. Once it gets to the point where I need to replace, it will most likely still be copper suit.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  8. Olthadir

Olthadir Avatar

I made six complete sets of epic leather armour and they nearly sold out in three days.

There is a market, maybe not for what you are selling or at the location you are selling.

9. Drocis the Devious

You're the one calling me a troll.

I've reported your name calling. Also please note you're not a moderator.

I have no idea why you're responding the way you are.

10. redfish

redfish Avatar

11. fillyblunts

fillyblunts Avatar

Dont give up m8! I'm just getting going here in shroud again after breaking around R14, I could use some armor for sure! Hit me up with some prices and lets see what we can make happen.

12. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Im disengaging you again, take it to PM. If you continue to attack me cross threads, I will continue to report it.

13. Drocis the Devious

I'm not attacking you. I have never attacked you.

That's why I never got a warning btw. Because I'm not doing anything wrong. You're calling me a troll (in two threads now) and I'm not going to "take it to pm" as you're publicly besmirching my name just because I happen to disagree with you.

I'm entitled to respond here as much as anyone is, and your attempts to stop me from posting by using multiple tactics of questionable intent are disturbing.

Please use the ignore button. That's what it's there for.

14. Didius

Didius Avatar

I wear chain and would be interested in some depending on what they are. The problem is every big supported has free vendors and 95% of the vendors I look have priced items to take advantage of new players or perhaps they have no idea what things are worth. Therefore I don't look at many player vendors anymore. Also it would take days if not weeks to go around to all the properties to find a good player vendor.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  15. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Ill let the mods make that decision, they saw your personal attacks last thread earlier today.

16. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

You, Sir - are simply too soon into the market - the market that hasn't even begun to sprout it's wings... Few peeps have spare cash to spend at present.

Go do something else for a bit and then come back.

This is a new world now and we need to give it more time.

2 months from persistence is no time to panic, IMO.... ;)

P.S. I rarely agree with the Baron, but in this one case - you might be best served by having more patience with a system that is evolving every day.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  17. marthos

marthos Avatar

My four cents

1) Item's are not being damaged fast enough. I think that they made a mistake adjusting weapons/shields to lose durability slower to bring them in line with armor. They should have increased the rate that armor loses durability to bring it into line with weapons/shields instead. I don't even have the passives that reduce wear and tear because its so slow. There needs to be some ideal ratio between how much resources can be gathered with a certain set of gear versus how long that set of gear lasts. Right now, I'd estimate that you can make dozens of full sets of armor before one set breaks. This creates a massive influx of resource with very little drain of those resources. With fast item decay, players would probably start demanding weaker items to use during routine fighting, and then break out the fragile yet powerful gear to take on that dragon - but that gear should break fast!

2) It's way too easy to become a skilled enough crafter to make gear. The RNG does its job of taking resources of the economy, but that's ultimately a function of luck. There isn't a demand to find skilled enough players make your gear. Everyone can quickly and easily get enough skill to masterwork.

3) Resources should be harder to enter the economy. I think a quick solution would be to destroy the node whenever you fail a harvest attempt.

4) Repairs need an overhaul. Repair kits should either be removed entirely, or be very pricy, emergency items for when players can't find crafters. Characters should find crafters who have to use similar ingredients to repair the item. Enchanted, masterworked, bronze sword should require some gold, silver, and bronze ingots to repair. With COTOs being what they are, only allow grandmaster crafters to be able to use them to fully repair an item, but also require other ingredients. If the vision is to see major towns have players at the crafting station busy repairing items for each other, the COTO destroys this vision completely by giving everyone access to cheap, perfect repairs.

My vision is that there is a general adventuring cycle where I log in and get prepared for battle by picking what gear to use for the situation that I expect to be in. If its soloing easy creatures, I grab some basic iron and copper gear. If I'm killing a dragon with some friends, I grab my masterworked and enchanted gear. After fighting for a couple hours, maybe 3-4, I should find myself needing significant repairs in my items. I then wrap up my adventure cycle by going back to town, finding the right crafters to repair my gear, and log out for the night. I should have been able to gain enough resources/gold to pay the crafters for repairs, plus pocket some extra for myself. I log out for the night and log in the next day to do it over again. As an added benefit, this would encourage people to go into multiplayer online when visiting towns, which would make the game feel more populated and alive. It's a ghost town with everyone in single/friends mode.

18. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I've seen a few masterworked things I would love to buy on private vendors (including a beautiful wand for 9,000 gold) but I can't afford them.

I may have a distorted view of things from seeing where people on my friends list are located, but it seems to me that the richest players who could afford to buy expensive armor on a regular basis are players who are powerful and spend a lot of time in the most difficult mines. They gather gold and silver as easily as a child picking dandelions. They get rich quick selling these resources, and they craft their own masterworked stuff because they have ore to burn.

It would be nice if there were other ways to get rich quick besides mining. Maybe cooking will afford opportunities going forward.

19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

If they ever get around to having sufficient resources to be harvested when in MPO, I'll probably be there the bulk of the time I play - just to see and say hi to others...

Insufficient resources to go around is the reason we play Friends/Solo - plain and simple.

This needs to be fixed or the game will always seem "dead"............

20. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

I'm just not sure having max buffs on an item is worth the durability loss.

I bought a set of copper epic plate 2 months ago, enchanted each piece once. Never had to repair any of the pieces yet. Like not even repair kits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.