Is now a good time to start?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Khazzeron, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khazzeron

Khazzeron Avatar

I got early access back when it was first available but hardly ever played, was waiting for the game to be more complete, and for the wipes to stop. How is it now? Is it worth jumping into at this stage or wait till final release?

2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Depends what you are waiting for. There are no more wipes but there are still major balance changes happening and it is not content complete.

3. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

Really depends what you're looking for. The game still runs pretty slow (for me at least) and some changes are still being made, so if you want a 'finished' game I would say wait for a while yet. If you want to play through the main stories, definitely wait as only Love is anywhere close to polished. However I'm having a lot of fun pottering around, playing with what's currently in place, getting a feel for the game, building my character little by little.

4. Numa

Numa Avatar

I'll take the opposite side and argue that this is the best time to start because most of rhe mechanics for combat and crafting are in ( you can actually build a house though that does take some doing). The individual guilds & communities are also starting to solidify.

If you've been away that long then there is a lot of content compared to those of us who've been wading and critiquing the monthly updates since this all started.

It's all a matter of perspective:)

5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

As others have already said, it really depends on your expectations and playing style. If you don't own a lot deed, you might want to at least log into the game during R34 and claim rewards at the bank to get free raffle tickets for a lot deed.

6. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Indeed.

I have been playing SotA daily since I purchased The game and I have enjoyed it a lot.

This is perfect time to start If you can tolerate that game is not finished (well this kind of games are never finished, lol) and lots of things needs polishing etc.

What ever you decide to do you are more than welcome to add me and I guess many others to your friend list in game. And you can whisper in game any time if you need any help or advice :)

Khazzeron, Thwip, Acred and 10 others like this.
  7. fillyblunts

fillyblunts Avatar

I was in the same boat as you a couple of weeks ago. Played a little bit up to R14 and then left to let the game mature. Came back and am having a blast! The good news is, the wipes are over. The bad news is, the game still isn't finished. So why not give it a shot and see what you think? Hope to see you in game! :D

8. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

Jump in if you don't mind playing while content evolves (could be drastically even).

If not, then waiting til next year could be a better choice when the mechanics are stable and the game/economy will not change that much.

For me, this is the right and the wrong time, but it's the best time.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Audacity, Khazzeron, Thwip and 7 others like this.
  9. Birko

Birko Avatar

Yes !
    Now is the best time.
    If you wait longer, you will always wait longer.

Audacity, Khazzeron, Thwip and 8 others like this.
  10. Pepsy

Pepsy Avatar

For me the real magic of the game is the unknown, exploring new areas, and the potential to find new locations/recipes/builds first! It's kind of like the 'Wild West' era of the game.

Audacity, Khazzeron, Thwip and 7 others like this.
  11. Morreion

Morreion Avatar

If you are looking for crowds of players in Multiplayer mode...well, I am too.

Luca Xante, Audacity and Khazzeron like this.
  12. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Come play with us.

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi Morreidon. Do you have a lot of people on your friends list? You can look at it and see where people are hanging out or whisper to find out. If you are in an active guild you will see your guild members. For some a guild is the best way at the moment to socialize, since we are in development stage still. A lot of people may be in the game but not showing in the game since they are playing single player online to avoid people or think the resource hunting is better this way. My thought is for the game to provide benefits to being in multi player as well. Anyway friend Majoria in game. I am in the game quite often different times of the day and sometimes night ;). I would be happy to assist. :)

14. cyathome

cyathome Avatar

Don't start just now, but 'Right Now!"

The limited land is being gobbled up as we speak. The game is fun and getting a early start before the official release is a bonus.

Unless you can't swallow a nerf, aka game change, that is.... rage quitter types don't seem to last long lol

15. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

@Khazzeron It is for you to decide for yourself, but for me it is the right time to play. I enjoy the game since progress is no longer being deleted, and you can be a part of the community as the game unfolds. Share in it's history. :)

Some quick advice? Just give it a try, but if you do, then find some friends and don't just play by yourself. If you want you can whisper me in the game and we could party some. :)

16. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

Yes, now is a great time to jump in!;) In fact, you're late... :D

Luca Xante, Audacity and Khazzeron like this.
  17. Khazzeron

Khazzeron Avatar

Alrighty, guess I need to get my learn on and start hitting it up. I"m way behind, was a huge UO player back in 2000-2003 on Atlantic.

If there are no more wipes, then no harm in leveling up a character and skilling it up. Now to find a good guild to hook up with.

Numa, Luca Xante, Audacity and 2 others like this.
  18. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

19. Khazzeron

Khazzeron Avatar

Will do when I get on some tonight :D

Pikegirl, majoria70 and Luca Xante like this.
  20. Khazzeron

Khazzeron Avatar

What do we do with said raffle tickets, just hold them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.