Daily Oracle Bonus should be for MPO only...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dirk Hammerstrike, Oct 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Justification:

The daily Oracle Bonus is to help casual players with their cash problems (I'm one of them!) and often because of the same cash problem you'll often find us in SPO (easier resources, faster loading yada yada).

But... we really should be at least seeing some people, interacting more with the world. At the very least... acknowledging other avatars are around. Basically I'm saying they should incentivize folks to log MPO and this is an easy way to do that.

Don't hate me bro.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. lollie

lollie Avatar

I hate you!

(jk)

It wouldn't bother me, I switch over to MPO often to meet up with people or trade etc. But some people might be affected by fps lag issues and have problems switching to MPO because of those sorts of technical reasons.

3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

It makes no difference which mode the guy is in if he were to go to the town that nobody lives there. He's not gonna see anyone and no one is gonna see him. Although, he can still talk in guild chat and whisper his friends regard of which mode he is in.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

I think we should solve the problems that drive people to leave MPO and log into SPO/FPO and talk about planned features that will drive this pattern more (global chat)... the intent of your suggestion is good, but seems like a band-aid, and it would just have people log in for a minute on MPO then log out back into SPO/FPO.

5. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

Agreed!

MPO w/ global instancing of wilderness scenes to facilitate farming = more players seen on overland, towns, POTs and what not.

6. yarnevk

yarnevk Avatar

NO this game is sold as being able to select your mode of play. Stop trying to force people out of SPO into your mode of play, it is a feature of the game that players get to choose this. Forcing people to play with you is not going to make your experience more enjoyable, the only way that will happen is if they enjoy playing with you.

If you want to see more people in cities and overland, the proper way to do it is to give people the option to login to the scene that way, rather than making this a game login selection. Then if they find overland and cities attractive with more people, there is little barrier to entering them as MPO.

7. Raistlyn

Raistlyn Avatar

Ya I would like it if everyone had to play in multiplayer, I don't get this single/friends only idea at all.
    I always play in multiplayer.

stidesx likes this.
  8. golruul

golruul Avatar

No.

First, if you (general term, not you in particular) want to increase MPO population, need to address the issues why people aren't logging in MPO in the first place. This isn't one of the issues.

Second, doing this would just be an pointless annoyance to players that want their daily welfare check (and I'm one of them). What's the point of having me log out, log in, get welfare, then log back out and in again? No reason other than to annoy me with loading screens and probably worsening the memory leaks. I'm not going to play in MPO until the issues are fixed.

9. Khazzeron

Khazzeron Avatar

I'm rather new myself and I don't even know where there oracle is :(

10. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

It tends to be in the red glowing building in any of the cities you visit. If you're in Ardoris, you can visit the boatman by the entrance and he'll port you to it - Oracle Confi..something?:oops:

lollie and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  11. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Where abouts in the world is your avatar?

12. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

What city are you in? The oracle isn't in all the cities but we have a good post up about it. Check out this great post for cities with locations.

Khazzeron and lollie like this.
  13. Khazzeron

Khazzeron Avatar

In the starting area, I think Resolute? I forget the name, something like that.

14. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

If you're in Resolute, I think the Oracle is right next to the Tesla Tower (or whatever that ball of lightning tower is called).

15. Khazzeron

Khazzeron Avatar

I got told I've done nothing of note in the world and to come back tomorrow :(

16. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Did you take the [TEST]?

Khazzeron likes this.
  17. Khazzeron

Khazzeron Avatar

Yeah it said I did nothing of note in the world. I clicked where it said Test.

18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

In the next release the timer will work better for you @Khazzeron. Welcome to Shrouds by the way. I could be wrong, but I in R34 you can mess up. I just click on test then wait for the question she asks and then I type 'yes I do' and then I get the 500 gold and 500 xp. ;) For next time or try again to see if it works, just do that. Also talk to all town criers for 100 gold even in player owned towns, they are usually located when you enter a scene, but in R35 perhaps that will be different.

19. Khazzeron

Khazzeron Avatar

Thanks! I'll try to keep that in mind lol

20. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I hate seeing 100 friends online and then checking with a teleport scroll to see 70 of them are in SPO.

It really hurts the game in my opinion - the world feels so much more alive when you see people.

Atmosfear, Thwip and Acred like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.