Oh snap... I got robbed!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gideon Thrax, Oct 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Ah.. I happen to hold a big trout in my hand and I was thinking you should chime in :p Seems fair dosen't it ? :D hahaha

2. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Can I steal it?

3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I'll eat the head RAW then "give" it to you. Unless you want it, then it will settle with rock parchment scythe :p

E n v y likes this.
  4. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Exactly my point. Have you ever attended a public event with no security? In a true roleplay setting there would be guards.

I asked EVL if I could bring my own security and bottom like it was too messy why? Lets say I get robbed/killed and my guards attacks said robber right in the middle of the stands. The AOE start flying and next thing you know everyone is dying and or getting hit. So what happens next the entire pvp match is a giant rumble.

With an NPC guard he comes in kills said thief/murderer and life continues on. We had these guard in the old Brittania and they helped. Or we can just show up in pledge gear or just pay the 50k.

So I can't go to fights, because I am not allowed to bring my own guards. My roleplay will ruin everyone elses day.

5. Nemesis2

Nemesis2 Avatar

I all ready informed several people of EVL I would not attend until the pickpocketing problem is taken care of.

6. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

Fair play to Duke Avery for being so cool about this.

I heard about the stealing and funnily enough this made me want to go so I took my alt Vox Aquila and emptied my inventory just in case.

This is not EVL's fault and IMO they put on one of the best events in the game with this tourney. It's always a lot of fun and these side stories along with the assasination of Duke William adds an unpredictable element to the game that I like.

House Serenite will continue to support the PvP league. It would be interesting if we could build a VIP area where Duke William could sit with his guards. Just let it be known that things might spill over a little.

Duke Avery, is that house deed you lost one you can buy from an NPC vendor for 10k? If so, I would happily buy one to replace what was stolen from you. Big kudos for how you handled this.

And as for Vox in his first PVP tourney since persistence...let's just say he was knighted when he returned to Serenite :)

Numa, Thwip, Moiseyev Trueden and 2 others like this.
  7. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

you said: "Duke Avery, is that house deed you lost one you can buy from an NPC vendor for 10k? If so, I would happily buy one to replace what was stolen from you. Big kudos for how you handled this."

Very cool of you to offer, but I wouldn't feel right accepting it. It wasn't my goto house to begin with, which was why I had it in a bag. The ransom on that house is completely upside down @ 40k, it was after all the 10k house you can get from a vendor.

Also, on that mention of a VIP area - I'm good to contribute to VIP areas, or Royal seats in these arenas for fights. If I ever get something going in game enough to put an arena in my POT, I'd gladly join the circuit as a host. For now though, I just need to get some practice in and start participating - the few minutes I actually spent watching the fight, it was great fun.

Numa, Moiseyev Trueden and Vrunk Hrrk like this.
  8. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

We usually have pretty tight security and are on people who do this pretty fast, usually resulting in them dying many times before fleeing. But even I didnt see someone doing this last night (and I was watching, they must not have come close to me). I think they may even be using exploits in the arena to hit people.

Numa and Vrunk Hrrk like this.
  9. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Umm... as a non-PvPer, I gotta say your role play would make me show up to events in a PvP zone more often. That would be so chaotically awesome... I mean... Yeah, that would be bad *cackles with glee*

10. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Some nice fights last night <3 Super fun to watch

11. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

I might get hate, but im giving props to the thief,. Jackpot that night right...and you can by pass house ban by passing by the roof. Ban apply to doorway.

Caree Death, smack and Swan like this.
  12. null2

null2 Avatar

Killing Kinkara is one of the best parts about Virtue League. We probably need more security on tournament nights though... He didn't show last week.

If you guys missed it, here is a link to a fight from last night - https://www.twitch.tv/kigustarfish/v/96159378 - if you look at the lights behind me, they turn orange and red when I take a lot of damage!

Audacity likes this.
  13. Pepsy

Pepsy Avatar

Everyone else has bodyguards there, they just don't call them bodyguards, but I guarantee you if someone was to randomly attack one of the EVL guys, or Owl guys their bodyguards would suddenly materialize.

Caree Death and Audacity like this.
  14. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

For reference:

So besides simply leaving everything on the bank, one could also load up their pack with a bunch of fun stuff. For example, somebody pickpocketing Jaan is very likely to get a lovely copy of one of the 0.1 weighted books.

Or perhaps a delicious clove of garlic.

If they are extra lucky, they might abscond with one of her delightful "red" dresses. ;)

No need for guards... just for spectators to have their wits about them and to keep a close watch on any unsavory characters.

BTW the Oracle apparently has no clue how to properly value items. Not sure if this is intentional...

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    smack, gtesser and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

was this a bought item or a reward item? I was pretty sure they said reward items could not be stolen? was one of the complaints.

16. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

If this is true and his name is know then he is abusing an exploit - -

When are they actually going to deal with player like this and eliminate them permantly, they do nothing to help the game.

Sorry but this is the type of person who needs to be publically named and shunned this is not acceptable.

17. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

GEEZ.. 40k..did they change that? I bought the same house for 10k (it was some glitch and was supposed to be 20k but the Brit vendor had them at 10)

That Oracle is trying to rob you again

moko likes this.
  18. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

eliminate them? Jevus chirst dude. Thief are a part of the game, might not be a part you like but chill out. Your ready to shun and ban someone w/o proof he is using exploit. Hell even the guy loosing 50k is not over reacting like u do.

And you say ppl like that bring nothing good to the game? (We) bring excitement, adrenaline , paranoia, thrill of the hunt, personal conflic. And so much more.

If that thief is so notorious, just kill on sight.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    Caree Death and Apollyon9515 like this.
  19. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I am not talking about thieves, I am talking about a player who has clearly exploited a bug to circumvent being banned, yes player like him need to be removed completely from the game utterly eliminated permantly

20. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

But u have no proof he did. Like i said before, its easy to bypass a house ban with a few roof jump.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.