Different Color Health Bars

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by By Tor, Oct 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

When many creatures are attacking and especially when I'm in a group, it becomes very difficult if not impossible to tell whose health bar I'm looking at when everyone is close to each other.

I suggest changing avatar's or creature's health bar to a different color. Even more helpful would be for each avatar in a group to have their own distinctive health color. One avatar yellow, one green, etc.. so everyone can immediately recognize one's own health at a glance.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  2. Vignir

Vignir Avatar

I like this idea. I also have a hard time distinguishing my own health from enemies and other friends.

3. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I like the customized color concept. The devs are currently trying to implement color blindness options so hopefully as a long term option this could be added as a customization ability. It would help with telling people apart (per your post) and also assist those with impairments to be able to set it how they want.

Aurora Australis and By Tor like this.
  4. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Yeah, it's a big request right now for a whole host of reasons... I hear that request or wish about once a day whenever i play heh.

Edit: By the above i mean I hear either customization text colors, health bar colors, etc. There are a lot of people who want to be able to customize colors for a whole myriad of reasons. Myself included, due to color blind related issues.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    Moiseyev Trueden and By Tor like this.
  5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'd like my health bar one color, other group members a different shade of that color, enemies a different color, and my current target a different shade of that color. Then I can tell the difference in what should be dying and random things that got between me and it, and if I'm healing still have a distinction between myself, my healing target, and other group members.

Moiseyev Trueden and By Tor like this.
  6. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

These ideas are exactly what I was thinking. In fact, they could get rid of the reticle all together if the creature's health changed to a lighter or darker shade when you targeted it... same thing when you target a player for healing. With this implemented, we'd never be wondering who is hitting who in the sea of red bars we have now.

7. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

The problem with the different shade is that would be very hard for some people to tell about. Having said that, if they actually let us customize the colors then it completely becomes a moot point as we can make it whatever shade/color scheme we want.

Browncoat Jayson and By Tor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.