Aggro is calculated by hits, not damage???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Khival Xeromus, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harclubs

Harclubs Avatar

None of which work properly. The teeniest tiniest heal draws aggro. The archer's autoattack draws aggro. The mobs bounce from one to the other with the tank running behind, mashing useless glyphs in the vain hope that one would stick long enough for him/her to get a hit in.

See, because the game is still being worked on, it's a good idea to point out the bits that could be improved. Pretending that targeting is hunky dory and that it is possible to tank effectively with the tools currently available is not going to do the game much good. If SotA were to be released in this state, then many of the current players would leave and not many new players would sign up. And that would mean that we'd all have wasted a lot of time and money on a doomed product.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  2. Fizzlebang

Fizzlebang Avatar

More information we can get to players on how very important mechanics, aggro in this case, work the better imo. I'm a maths person. I like being able to have the numbers and formulas available to me for stuff that deals with player character mechanics. Obviously, there are bits and pieces of other stuff the devs want hidden, and have the player discover. Like with the recent changes to checking your Virtue standings. But stuff that is CRITICAL to long-term group content feeling well-rounded? I say let the players have all the information we can so we can properly playtest with it and leave strong, well-informed feedback on it.

Acred and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  3. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Healing is different from damage and doesn't necessarily mean the aggro system is complex. Enemy NPCs could simply be set to auto target healers first since they are what keeps a party alive. Healer aggro is pretty normal in many MMOs.

I was asking about damage based aggro. Is it based on number of attacks over a period of time or it based on dps? Based on dps is how it should be, but if what the OP says is true, then it may actually be based on number of hits over a period of time.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    Acred and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Nope then people min max the game and don't play it they are just working numbers.

P L A Y and Enjoy.

BTW done here post has no further value.

5. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

You were done before yet you keep piping in and misread what people say in your condescending way. Stick to the stats and spreadsheets where you are very helpful, please. Following what is actually written does not seem to be your strong suit.

P.S. - I am constructively being blunt because I respect your skills and passion but disapprove of your methods and social skills.
    Give me a warning all you want, it needs to be said....again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.