Lost all the time

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Norah East, Oct 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norah East

Norah East Avatar

I am new to the game and need some help. I did get the world map, but when you are walking the roads how can you tell where you are?
    Thank you

Tahru, Beaumaris, firesparx and 11 others like this.
  2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

use the Compass... press M to see it... also use Sotamap.com to help you navigate...

Tahru, firesparx, Alexander and 4 others like this.
  3. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Hello and welcome! As you get used to the area a little more, navigation becomes far easier. It can be a little overwhelming when you first start. Feel free to add me to friends in game and ask for help whenever you see me online.

Tahru, firesparx, Alexander and 5 others like this.
  4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Go to options. game. and *show translated locations on world map* 13th from bottom.
    Makes life easier

Tahru, firesparx, Alexander and 5 others like this.
  5. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Hi and welcome! I am so with you. I am hopeless with directional sense and get lost practically every time I venture too far from my normal stomping grounds.

You may have already found this resouce, but I find http://www.sotamap.com/ to be invaluable.

Hope you are enjoying the game. Please add me as a friend and let's play together sometime.

Tahru, firesparx, Alexander and 6 others like this.
  6. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Welcome! With the compass at the top of the screen it also marks locations that you have found before with little icons. So, if you aren't quite sure where you are, or you need to find the exit to the World Map, you can hover your mouse cursor over the icons that appear on the compass and it will tell you what is in that direction. The Compass also lists what scene you are in. Hope this helps with your navigation!

7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I would recommend to take couple minutes every other day to take a look at the world map on Sotamap.com and pay attention to the name of each region. It helped me grabbing the overview of each region and get the rough idea of where I am on the map. Most of the regions in this game are self-sustained and have all the adventure zones that you could level up from low to high. So technically you should be able to spend a few days or even weeks on the same region.

You could spend sometimes in the Perennial Coasts where Soltown and Ardoris are located, then move to Hidden Vale for a little while if you just want to become more familiar with the game features.

However, if you could get hooked to one of the great guilds out there. You could stay wherever they are located.

If you are more of the solo type, just look at the map and find the region that you imagine yourself best to be live in. Take a visit at the place and then survey the adventure zones.

If you have any questions regarding where to hunt just post on the forum, specify which region do you prefer and there will be someone pointing out some tricks :)

Just take your time and soak in some immersion!

8. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

9. Acred

Acred Avatar

Welcome to Shroud of the Avatar, @Ms. Khali !

It is no fun feeling lost. To help orient yourself you can try binding to the Town Crier of the town where you store all your items in your personal bank vault. This means, if you cannot find it back, you can use one of the Recall Scrolls in your inventory to return there.

The people you meet in the game and the folks here, who have answered you can be added to your Friends List (Yse the "f" key to show this.) Once they accept your Friend invitation, or you accept theirs, traveling to the scene they are in can be done using a Teleport Scroll, if they are logged in to the same mode you are. You won't land on top of them, but you will appear at the entry of the scene, and if they know you are coming, they can come and get you.

I play at odd hours, but if you would like to, please add "Trufall Selarts" to your Friends. Recall and Teleport Scrolls can be crafted or purchased from players who craft them.

Tahru, firesparx, Alexander and 3 others like this.
  10. Jade

Jade Avatar

www.sotamap.com should become your new best friend :) .... add Jade to your friends list if you like. feel free to whisper me with questions

Numa, Tahru, margaritte and 5 others like this.
  11. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

Hello @Ms. Khali :)

As others have said, it takes a little bit getting used to. Like in any real location, you would look at what is around you and navigate accordingly. The map is extensive and you will not need to travel all over the place, you can keep to some area until you feel comfortable and move around as you please.

Feel free to contact me in the game should you want some help or just a bit of company. :)

Some useful chat commands:

/w nameofplayer message
    /friend nameofplayer

Have fun!

12. Mata

Mata Avatar

Numa, Tahru, firesparx and 6 others like this.
  13. lollie

lollie Avatar

If only we had minimaps for everywhere, including the Overworld map.

I still get lost and I've played this game a while now, happens when you take a wrong turn or get turned around.

14. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

As others have already posted, this game requires players to go outside the game for navigation - yeah, they call it a "Feature"! Amazing isn't it?

I for one feel your pain, however make sure as @MrBlight has posted, you turn on the English versions of the Rune language - unless of course you have an abundance of time on your hands and would like to learn a language that will get you no where in real life.

My advise, add as many people as you can to your friends list, make or purchase as many teleport scrolls as you can and forget the overland map and teleport close to or where you need to be.

Otherwise, it's a long long road you are in for trying to find places on the overland map - yeah, it's another "Feature" of the game.

Numa, Tahru, firesparx and 5 others like this.
  15. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Meeh i walk across the world map alll the time. it gets easier.
    Simply put, the game is intended for patient people lol

That show translated should be default on IMO.

16. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Hello and Welcome! I understand your lostness. Took me quite a while to learn my way around. For now stick to the roads if you can and just walk to and fro to places until you get oriented. After a time it does get easier and easier. :)

Tahru, firesparx, Alexander and 2 others like this.
  17. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Hey and welcome!

Moiseyev Trueden, Tahru and Mata like this.
  18. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

They don't call it a feature... the mini-maps are lagging behind. We could use them soon however!

Moiseyev Trueden, Mata and Tahru like this.
  19. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome, Ms. Khali!

Moiseyev Trueden, Mata and Tahru like this.
  20. Norah East

Norah East Avatar

Thanks to everyone! Great to know there is help. I will request friends today when I play.

Moiseyev Trueden, Themo Lock and Mata like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.