[Coconut Express] How much weight can you carry? Do you need free storage space?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gideon Thrax, Oct 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

The encumbrance changes being introduced in R35 are going to hit a lot of players really hard, but the other side of the coin is that players with well trained strength skills have some new opportunities... and that's where Coconut Express comes into play. With all the announcements and changes surrounding R35 I decided to kick off a couple new free services... secure chest transfers and Coconut Express. Coconut Express is a Heavy Inventory Transport Service which creates a conduit for players with heavy transport needs to meet players with heavy transportation capabilities.

Carriers work for themselves and contract with players directly. Carriers that are very active in game and looking to develop their own transport business (or just running solo) can use Thrax Bank Secure Chest transfer services for free - and I'll be taking on a small number of clients with speed-to-market requirements that can use the secure chest transfer service for free as well. If you look at the map below, all those points in green are NPC cities where secure chests will be located.

Coconut Express - Gold Line
    -utilizes Thrax Bank Secure Chest transfer services

Coconut Express - Blue Line
    -player-to-destination transport services

Coconut Express - Red Line
    -player-to-destination transport services (including PVP scenes)

Coconut Express Blue Line and Red Line are meant to be free for the community list services that anyone can use. The list will be maintained in the Market Services and Vendors forum: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ress-heavy-inventory-transport-service.68753/

Players contracting with carriers for transport service can leave feedback after each delivery and with that, carriers can build transport rep. If this is something you think people might be interested in, let me know. :) If you're interested in being a carrier let me know and I'll get your information listed.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    K1000, StarLord, Zhoc and 9 others like this.
  2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

While i dont need your service. I want to say that your choice of name is absolutly perfect.

Ronan, Hazard, lollie and 1 other person like this.
  3. null2

null2 Avatar

4. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

While I think your service is very unique and creative, I also find it interesting, sad and ridiculous that something like this is even needed in a game created in the 21st century!

I do wish you the best of luck with it though.

Absolutely insane!

Mikeyta, Apollyon9515, K1000 and 3 others like this.
  5. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Excellent! I'll get you added to the Blue Line and add your moving service link as well. Hit me up in a PM if you'd like to rgr up for the Red Line or free storage services.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Needed is not the right word.
    How often are you moving THAT much weight? Are you switching banks every day? Moving houses? lol.
    Making 2 trips every week to move your hoarding is not a big deal.
    And if your weight is THAT high, consider renting or buying property and then there is 0 issue with this change.

Their idea is unique and funny, but it is a luxary service, nothing more.

7. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I think it really depends on how far Portalarium goes with the mechanics intended to shape regional economies. Players and small guilds looking to break out in the economy may find themselves in situations that require transport services. I'm really just getting started myself and can already feel needs for a transportation service popping up... in large part the reason why I'm establishing this list. :) It's a luxury service for sure, but it'll be for a lot more than just moving day. Although, on moving day I will definitely be using some transport carriers... 20k pounds of stuff scattered about and associated with specific banks or in containers on specific properties. If I had to move it all today, I wouldn't be able to - that's a fact.

MrBlight and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  8. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

An addendum to this, and an extrapolation of my own experiences pre-r35:

I am just one lone archer. I use Kingsport bank to store my consumables, and buy arrows in Braemar. I go through about 9600 in an evenings worth of poking skeletons and wolves full of holes, and that amount leaves my very modest frame terribly overburdened, enough so that even that relatively short trek takes about 15 minutes of Outlander Time.

I would hire them just to make sure I can get those arrows to Kingsport while I go on a short jaunt through the Plains!

Now, picture a guild trying to resupply on NPC-bought arrows? A week's worth for just myself would weigh about 3500 lbs... how about a week's worth for 5 people? for 10?

And this is just in the Vale, imagine moving it across Novia, through control points? The need for such a service becomes readily apparent.

To address the absurdity of the need for this in a game in the 21st century, EVE Online is roughly as popular in terms of active players, and they have entire corporations formed for the express purpose of shipping goods across that game-space. It opens up a market for individuals to do so here, adds depth and a certain degree of realism to the game that SOME find a way to make entertaining and profitable, and one that can be expanded upon in future episodes, especially when we are moving about in a world that is double (or more, if we get to episodes 3+) the size of Novia...

Duke Avery and Ronan like this.
  9. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

And here I was all pleased with myself for dragging a 300lb dresser from Eastmarch to Etan Glen :oops: it was only 3 times my max capacity...

10. Ihuma

Ihuma Avatar

Got to hand it to you for coming up with all sorts of creative ideas, including this one, @Duke Avery :D

Duke Avery likes this.
  11. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I've been thinking about doing this for a while now, but it wasn't until I saw your community project kick off in Owl's Head that I gained the confidence needed to offer secure storage to people. If there's ever anything I can do to aid in your community expansion, let me know. :)

Ihuma likes this.
  12. Ihuma

Ihuma Avatar

Cheers man :D

13. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Holy cow - I'm moving a few things to Harvest... overweight by almost 7000lbs right now... it's like I cant even move. I hit the map and take four steps and my focus is gone. This is going to be a long night. haha

I didn't think it would be this bad... this is nuts!

moko likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.