Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Suggestions for Offline Mode Empty Housing Problem

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by RobotBeginner, Oct 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobotBeginner

RobotBeginner Avatar

There are a lot of empty lots in Offline mode. It makes the scene so empty. I think that at some point in time, we should copy all the houses and the houses' decorations from Online mode to Offline mode. So, we have a much better offline mode living world environment.

2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I think that was mentioned before in one of the hangouts... they'll take somekind of snapshot of the Online world and put it in Offline world... anyway, I'm not exactly sure so please correct me if I'm wrong...

Nhili Dragon and Leelu like this.
  3. RobotBeginner

RobotBeginner Avatar

Anyone can confirm this? Maybe, I missed something.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  4. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Oh my god. Please god no!
    One of the reasons I am playing offline is because I then don't have to see and endure all of those "creative" decorations! They ruin the atmosphere!

NO ONE wants to see ankhs and chairs stacked into the sky, snowmen in the summer, words written with food on the lawn and other things that ruin the atmosphere while trying to save the world!

5. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Not a bad point. Maybe just copy over the houses without the decor?

6. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

I agree.

And I don't even want a copy of the houses. All these accumulations of castles in small villages drives me crazy.

7. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

With the offline mode, Portalarium would have the chance to give every village and city a unique look by placing fitting houses by hand giving those cities/villages a unique "personality" like in the old Ultimas (Yew, Trinsic, Minoc...). This would add so much to the atmosphere of the game.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  8. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

Empty lots would look rather dull...

ThurisazSheol likes this.
  9. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

What? You don't like the gatling gun laser space ship home as you enter Estgard? ;)

Personally, I think it is an abomination. Might as well give everyone one lightsabres.

Black Tortoise likes this.
  10. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

We get lightsabers now!? Sweet. Let them be single use, and then explode in a fiery blaze of whatever color your "crystal" is. Only doing damage to the wielder.

Ok, joking aside (bad thuri!),id love to see some sort of style theme (different in each town) for these lots.. But only if you have claimed your own lot(s), and they go away when you unclaim.

Nox Haven likes this.
  11. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

As posted elsewhere, You aren't going to see a Great Single player RPG and Good MMO (MFO MSO) in the same game. If you think Im wrong ask me again in a year. It has to be one or the other.. A copy of an MMO converted to single player will still feel/play like an MMO. A copy of a SP into MMO will not have the elements that make it an MMO.. I believe the vision and desire were then to start, but the harsh reality is that it is almost impossible to do them both at once using the same tools. Now, where does the money come from that the backer cash is spent. Cash shop.. what mode utilizes a cash shop? MMO I can just hex mod single player and not need the shop if it is just items I want..

12. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

That's a different problem then - the feedback is that the lots don't fit the city types.

13. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Maybe they'll do it like how it was before? Instead of empty lots, some of them used to have empty houses of various kinds on them. You just didn't realize it was empty until you went up to the lot to claim it.

14. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

I want - like @Lord_Darkmoon - 'hand crafted ' houses by the developers in the offline mode. Just a copy of the online part doesn't solve the problem of empty lots for me.

This.

Alexander and Black Tortoise like this.
  15. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

I agree with @Lord_Darkmoon and @Sir Cabirus .

I have pretty much given up on the MMO as the controls are miserable and the fluidity of transition into battle is completely broken for mouse control of movement. I have my fingers crossed other users who don't rely on WASD for movement will speak up eventually and this will be fixed....but if not I'll suffer through it for the RPG story.

I would actually like to see a detailed world in SPOff that does not depend on our MMO's "random" dispersal of housing and unique decorations. It's fine by me in the MMO were the backstory is that there are thousands upon thousands of Avatars...but in the SPOff I'd like to be THE Avatar.

ThurisazSheol and Sir Cabirus like this.
  16. yarnevk

yarnevk Avatar

I like the idea of dev houses placed in single player offline for NPC towns, no decoration so they can easily populate the database by choosing proper houses for the towns. Lock them since they are empty and just serve purposes as scenery.

I would simply delete PRT and POT towns from the map. Their purposes of vendors and guilds and providing player housing spots have no need to exist offline.

Bluefire likes this.
  17. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

If houses would be locked then a big feature of what made Ultima great would be gone. We could enter every house, rummage through everything etc. Also where would NPCs sleep and live if houses would just be scenery?

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  18. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

I think that pot owners should be able to keep their pots in offline mode, and if they choose to populate it, npcs treat it like a npc town without storyline. Move in, interact, etc.

19. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

Or you could add a lock picking skill / skull keys :)

20. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

The purpose of a POT is to connect other people, to give them a home. I think POTs are very useful in the MMO part of the game. They offer a meeting place, probably some crafting stations and so on.

In the offline mode POTs are totally useless. In MMO I share the world with many players, but the offline mode is completely mine, I really would not like to be forced to see the influence of other players in this mode!

Of course it is something completely different, if only POT owners can see their own POT in offline mode :)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.