Random encounters... annoying & player grieving already

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NZguzzi, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

How badly did decay hit you?

lollie likes this.
  2. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

I should expect someone would have to try and figure out a way to make suggestions to grief other players. I always hope we all can take the high road,but I guess that is too much to expect. :)

3. lollie

lollie Avatar

We're pointing out an issue the Devs need to fix, nobody here is actually doing this.

Frederick Glasgow likes this.
  4. Aord

Aord Avatar

Ask other players (neighbours, guildmates etc) for help and defeat these herded encounters. If you see someone "herding" these over and over, report them to their guild leaders.
    Problem solved "the multiplayer way".
    Reminded me of so-called "zone trains" in other (older) games when someone ran through the zone, making all the monsters follow him/her, randomly killing other players on their way. Guess I am in minority here, but I actually enjoyed these encounters steamrolling over my head (sometimes I even managed to save my life). It actually enhanced the game experience - less predicability, more cooperation and excitement (zonewide shouts "Trrrain!!!" were priceless).
    I wish something like that would be possible in SOTA.

Also, think of this the other way: someone would be upset if devs "fix" it and it won't be possible to herd encounters anymore.
    Think about town sieges we were promised in near future: crafters would be definitely upset, saying "Oh, they are forcing us to fight but we only enjoy crafting, not fair!"

5. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Not sure..i didnt check and had to log off for a bit. So no idea

6. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

I would hope they won't,but as in every game,I expect the worst,because it generally comes out when some find out they can troll people, especially lower level ones.

7. lollie

lollie Avatar

That's why the Devs need to become aware of how people actually play games...griefing comes with multiplayer games, if it's possible it will be done.

NZguzzi and Frederick Glasgow like this.
  8. NZguzzi

NZguzzi Avatar

Yes I agree.
    The fact we can choose to engage is good but seriously we need new mobs or world bosses. Games been out long enough for that.
    Loot fix though please, there is only so many rusty swords a man will bend over for :eek:

K1000 likes this.
  9. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

I agree with you. :)

lollie likes this.
  10. NZguzzi

NZguzzi Avatar

This exactly.
    It is part of the test phase.
    I remember in Elite Dangerous, the missile grieving while docked at a space station, it was possible to fire on another player, this in turn would alert the station
    of hostile action but because the missile guy was already docked, only the incoming player was targeted and destroyed....... yes quite funny but the devs
    took so long to fix that it totally killed the open world play, devs removed missiles from game, players left by the hundreds.
    Huge fail because..... the devs did not listen to how we actually play, exploit, cheat, grieve etc etc.

Elwyn and lollie like this.
  11. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Meh something to keep in mind, is that even near low level zones, theres constantly high level guys running to and from one place or another "( i just passed soltown to hit ardoris, then back up to spectral)
    High level guys herding encounters to a town, will slow other high level guys too.
    *shrug* lol im sure they will tweek it all through this week.

12. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

I have to agree that the current iteration feels like a pointless annoyance. Just extra loading screens to waste my time with 0 challenge or anything interesting in the scenes.

Lazlo, K1000 and lollie like this.
  13. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I just ran from Harvest to Brittany down through Etceter, Xenos, and over to Aerie and then back up to Harvest... ran around skeletons and bandits... I gotta admit, the overland map actually feels faster than it did yesterday and without the hidden random encounters to mess with my groove... what we got with R35 all feels like a huge improvement to me.

14. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

If only you could somehow go around them far enough that they can't reach you. Or if there was some way you could run faster...

(That being said, we really need a more efficient way to equip/un-equip coconuts, especially on the world map.)

They're supposed to be tougher if you encounter them off of a road.

As for the ferry problem, perhaps if whoever they were following suddenly disappears (whether to ferry, town, or even logging off), they could simply despawn for 30 seconds or so to make it impossible to drop them on someone else.

lollie likes this.
  15. Belladonna Rose

This is true...i found out....off road encounters are much tougher than on road ones. Just wish that the scenes were different according to the region. Seems all the road Bandit scenes are set up like North Valeway scene. And the off road bandit scenes i have hit were set up like Plains of Rhy Innis...sorry spelled that wrong. LOL. The one off road scene i hit was in a swamp...so it should of been a swamp.
    But for the most part its interesting. Gives me a break from the mundane run from one point to another and i get to gather some resources while i am out there.

16. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

How heavy are you? The less/lighter armor you wear when you travel on the overland map the faster you'll be. I think seeing a streaking Budner hauling ass toward a pack of wolves might freak them out enough to disperse. :)

+1 on the need for more interesting/challenging encounters

lollie likes this.
  17. Belladonna Rose

Well today I have had the first hand experience of luring roaming encounters to not good places. Hit the gate at Kingsport and BOOM. There was a stag there....and it started following me. I lured it down the road aways from Kingsport entrance and tried to engage it but nothing happened....just kept following me......so i ran further down the road and it kept following me. Normally no big deal but this thing was 5x bigger than me on the map. LOL. Ran up another road and ran into a Red Bandana Bandit.....again. Follows me but cannot engage him. So Now i have a stag and bandit following me up and down the roads. Lured them off to an empty coastline and recalled home. Came back out the gate again from Kingsport and walked out on the run....headed towards Kingsroad and damned if that stag didnt come bolting across the forest and started following me again....i thought it might be another one....tried to engage the beast and nothing happened. So I am assuming roamings in the Vale are bugged.. Not idea how to report this so I will just wait and see if it gets fixed from someone else's post

lollie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.