1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 34 Lot Deed Raffle Winners

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Earlier today we had the drawing for our second Lot Deed Raffle and awarded 675 lot deeds to lucky winners. There were two raffles, one for each lot type:
    • Place Anywhere Deeds: 75 Total
      • Row: 40
      • Village: 20
      • Town: 10
      • City: 5
    • Player Owned Town Deeds: 600 Total
      • Row: 320
      • Village: 160
      • Town: 80
      • City: 40
    Raffle tickets grant the holder a chance to win deeds of any size (Row, Village, Town, or City). Raffles will be held monthly and we will have multiple winners for each lot size (numbers will vary each month). Place-Anywhere Deed raffle tickets are more expensive but will have fewer deeds in each raffle than POT raffle tickets, which are more affordable and will have many more deeds in each raffle. This means your chances to win a POT deed are much greater.

See the complete list of the winners for the Release 34 raffle. Winners can claim their deed(s) simply by logging into the game and claiming rewards at any bank. A reminder that you may have received multiple deeds to claim if you received tickets for a guild or other group.

If you wish to review all of your account rewards outside of the game, you can do so by going to the Account menu on the main website and then selecting the ‘Special Rewards’ tab in the page menu.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2016
    Net, 4EverLost, rild and 7 others like this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Congrats to the winners.

Are we done hosting raffle/lottery's for a while now? It seems like the demand (population) is not enough to warrant more houses for gold yet. Especially since it appears that we have people winning multiple lots every time we do this.

I don't think we should do this again for 6 months. (or closer to launch, whenever that is)

Kambrius, Net, Xandra7 and 2 others like this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea, I won multiple lots this time. It doesn't help much if I didn't get the lot size I was looking for. I'm going to have to use what I have to trade up to a bigger size or raise a lot more money. Won't help me either if they follow your advice and end raffles.

Btw, they already announced plans for the next raffle in the R35 thread.

Sean Silverfoot and Leelu like this.
  4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

It would make more sense for you to be in a raffle that was only for the size lot you wanted.

Also, there's NO justification for more housing...

We have a few hundred players in this game, most of which probably already have housing of some kind. So who does this benefit? All it's doing is tearing down the value of homes (that people paid a lot of money for).

We can't just blindly increase supply.

Leelu, Bow Vale and miller9627 like this.
  5. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

wow i bought 1 ticket, won a deed again.

rild, Lained, Sean Silverfoot and 3 others like this.
  6. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

You need to change your name to Themo Luck.

The Hendoman, Kambrius, rild and 9 others like this.
  7. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

congrats Themo

Still don't like the multiple lot winner strategy, Gold sink or not, it just does not seem like the right thing to do. You gave free tickets to people who did not have land, and the same people that were crying a river when you attempted to inset the free tickets last raffle still seem to have won multiple this one.

might be time to Re-Think your raffle.

8. reuge

reuge Avatar

The paradox is the raffle itself make the raffle less attractive in the long run. With greater supply of deeds, deeds become less valuable and attractive. Hence, less people will participate and also less effective as a gold sink.

The truth is there isn't enough players to support the number of deeds they push out. Cutting the deeds payout drastically help. But would it be still effective as a gold sink. Probably not.

Leelu likes this.
  9. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I think in the long run the COTOs for Add-On store items will prove to be a better sink than the deed raffles.

4EverLost and Leelu like this.
  10. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

I thought I was going to win something this time with 11 tickets, but didn't for the second raffle in a row.

11. Psylent

Psylent Avatar

Thought for sure I would get one this round - 15 tickets - no luck second time around. I'm going to hope three times a charm and double the amount purchased.

And to respond to the above thread - no, not everyone has housing and I would like to continue trying until I have somewhere else to place everything without having to spend thousands of gold to increase my bank slots.

Leelu likes this.
  12. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

the Bank Storage Upgrade in the Add-On Store is much cheaper... $5 USD will give you +100 slots +1000 weight... you might want to check it out... ^_^

Leelu likes this.
  13. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

I know a lot of players who would like to have their own home, but they simply do not win in the lottery.
    Meh, the lottery system is just (place the worst and ugliest words here)...

I bought 0 tickets :p

Xandra7, Leelu and Gaelis like this.
  14. Randbo

Randbo Avatar

hmm ya. YOU GOT YOURS. so NOBODY ELSE SHOULD GET THEIRS.
    and TO HELL WITH the value of YOUR HOUSE.
    plenty of room for housing and its the most important thing that a player can own. EVERY PLAYER should have a shot at owning their own home.

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Congratulations winners *cheers*. :)

Fister Magee, Lained, Leelu and 2 others like this.
  16. Psylent

Psylent Avatar

I may do that. I just never liked paying extra money on top of paying for a game in order to be able to get in-game advantages. Reminds me of those "free" mobile games that aren't really free.

EDIT: What do you know.... I had $4 store credit - so will only cost me a buck.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  17. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

Agree to this

...and for me it don't feel like a real goldsink when players grind a lot to buy multiple tickets just to place the lots they won right after drawing in Marketplace.
    Maybe port could have made a lot of money for finishing this game selling those by themself ;)
    Like it is right now lots of new players still have to wait to get their first deed...

Moiseyev Trueden and Xandra7 like this.
  18. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Personally i think the raffle ( with not so many drawn on each and mainly of a lower size row/village) should only be for players that don't have any housing, New players to the game and people that don't have any but have logged in the previous month should be the only contenders. We all generally have enough for our needs and its better imo to spread the wealth and give to people that will profit from in a non monetary way over allowing present landowners the chance to increase their holdings.

Xandra7 and Gaelis like this.
  19. Womby

Womby Avatar

The game needs an effective gold sink. Only Portalarium knows whether the raffle is effective in that regard, and with a valid sample size of 1 raffle (I don't count the R34 raffle as it was distorted by free tickets), it is possibly too early to judge.

4EverLost, rild and Leelu like this.
  20. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Distribution is broken. The free ticket thing sounded nice and encouraging and the right thing to do etc etc but in reality for it to work those people had to login and claim the tickets. People are not logging into the game.

As a result it is still a small playerbase who are winning the tickets and in fact flooding the market with deeds to the extent Portalarium may as well just put a deed vendor back in the game. If the lottery tickets where just given to all accounts regardless as to whether they log in (noting some people are waiting for official launch) then there would be a much better distribution.

Xandra7 and Leelu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.