Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please add autoloot!

Discussion in 'Release 35 Feedback Forum' started by Mishikal, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

It's tedious to gather water and have to hit the button to take the water from the window. Please dear god add an autoloot function.

In addition, please make it so you can optionally log what you loot to our output windows. This is standard in most MMOs, and I dearly miss it, as sometimes in the heat of battle, I don't have time to see what I'm looting, but would like to be able to go back and see.

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

You can use the interact button to start looting, as well as taking all from the window; its a single button press. I don't think adding an option to just blindly loot everything is a good idea.

However, I'd LOVE to have loot logged to the chat window (and from there to the output text file)! That would save so much time.

3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I'm fully aware of how to click "Take all". This is an unnecessary extraneous step. It should be possible, like in every MMO out there, and most single player games as well, to autoloot. It doesn't affect botting, since any intelligent botter already has coded in to get around the loot window. All it does is make things tedious for players. It definitely needs the option to be logged to a window though as a part of adding this as an option.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    Quenton and iansmellios like this.
  4. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

But Bots. That is all. :(

5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

As I noted, any botter worth the name would have already coded an action to do take all for the bot, so I fail to see how that's a valid argument. ;)

6. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

He's saying you don't need to click the Take All button with your cursor. You can use the E key to open the loot window and then again to loot all without having to use your mouse at all. E is the default key at least, you may have changed it. Double tapping E while targeting whatever you're trying to loot will loot all the object/body quickly.

Womby, 4EverLost and NRaas like this.
  7. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

No thank you. Please don't.

8. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Don't click.. Just spam "E" or whatever key you map to "Interact" for quick open and loot all.

4EverLost likes this.
  9. Lomify

Lomify Avatar

I second OP.

Yes, please, option to auto-autoloot. My fault if I overloot and get encumbered.

10. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

They added the "e" button in the game several patches ago. I now use it for everything and there are a lot of doctors out there that are revealed that the number of carpel tunnel cases are lowering.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Already done and you can map it to any key you want,

and NO to the idea that it just loots instead of opening just like the take all button - it was a bad idea then and this is in the same catagory

12. redfish

redfish Avatar

Personally think it needs to go in the opposite direction as described in this thread with a really short loot timer (for mobs, not water).

But IMO we should aim for the game to cut down necessary grinding where we don't have to worry about grinding 100s of things in an hour anyway so it doesn't get tedious. (The game shouldn't be about grinding).

13. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Pressing "use" plus "use" is pretty darn close to auto loot. I think the "e" key is default, I remapped mine to "f". No need to add any further auto feature.

14. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yeah, I've started using "E" for more things, especially with the bucket of water situation. I'd still prefer just a simple autoloot though.

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I am getting myself in the habit of using the 'e' key as well. Games like Tera had the 'e' key as their main key for things like picking up and looting. It is really great because after a long day of playing the game and double clicking my wrist starts to hurt so the 'e' key helps me a lot. I planted all my garden area and when it had grown to mature, I just went around and highlighted or held the curser in other words over each plant and clicked 'e' 'e' and 'e' some more, it was really easy. :) I also am starting to open chests and trunks with it. Before if I had deco mode on and double clicked sometimes it would move deco accidentally omg and get the chest stuck and bugged even, *sighs*, but the 'e' key makes opening chests a breeze, and doors as well, and so much more. I know, I know, you think I 'love' the 'e' key lol, well hmmm perhaps I do ;)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  16. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

Now if Port could remove or drastically reduce the delay when looting, all would be fine imho :)

MrBlight likes this.
  17. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

WeH, you can loot before it loads if u double tap ;) no need to wait on window.

Mishikal likes this.
  18. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

I know, but the unresponsiveness sometimes makes me waste time by tapping 'e' five times to make sure I didn't miss the body, because that Skeleton Mage is gonna res his buddy...

Mishikal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.