Halloween Kobold Mini-Maze event @ Finchfeild Cancelled

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jammaplaya, Oct 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Sorry, I didn't realize that it was impossible to set container looting and decoration lifting to 'public' if so desired.

Which in this case it was desired, necessary in fact, to allow maze runners to reap the rewards scattered throughout the maze.

Just another example of common day MMO developers going the distance to ensure that our experience will not be ruined even if we are too inept to complete the first level of Super Mario Bros.

It's really my fault. I assumed I would have all the options for home security that UO (almost two decades of experience for SotA developers to benefit from) has. I guess I was mistaken. Honestly, I can't set a container to anyone access for new player freebies?? Didn't expect that.

So with that, the Mini Maze event is now cancelled; The doors are now set to 'unlocked' so that anyone who might meander there can enjoy the maze for what it's worth, so essentially the maze would need a re-design now that people have seen it before the event could be re-held, even if the mechanics do get changed eventually.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Area: Finchfield Loc: (47.2, 38.0, 253.2)

K1000, Pikegirl and Leelu like this.
  2. moko

moko Avatar

Sorry to hear that! At least for the containers I think what you'd need are public cache chests? They are set to public.

3. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Hmm good to know. That still doesn't help with decorations. There were going to be dozens of COTO all over the floor.

4EverLost, Leelu and moko like this.
  4. lollie

lollie Avatar

Why don't you monitor event and add everyone who comes in as Kindred to the lot, so they can loot everything in the place.

moko, x_Selene_x, Leelu and 1 other person like this.
  5. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

For me the problem is that I can barely load Finchfield because my laptop has low RAM. I can't even load multiplayer mode there without crashing even when there's no players there. The plan was to set the doors to unlocked and then announce it here on the forums at exactly 9pm est.

Leelu likes this.
  6. lollie

lollie Avatar

Okay well that would be your solution anyway. Maybe get a friend to monitor event for you, make him Co-Owner so he can add people.

Leelu likes this.
  7. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

It's too late now anyways, the doors are unlocked. Had I expected this, I would have asked for a guildy to do so in advance definitely.

I was told by a guildy that it was possible to set container access to public, so I guess that is true given those 'public cache chests'

still, I don't see the point of taking away our ability to set our containers how we want them. Just to add an extra gold sink? Bah

Alas, I look forward to holding a similar maze event at a later date, possibly with a larger house as well.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  8. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I think there is a Public Chest sold for 20K by the House Vendor... Maybe you can use that? Though I'm not really sure, haven't tried coz it's 20K... LOL

jammaplaya likes this.
  9. lollie

lollie Avatar

I have to faff around with permissions just to allow someone to be able to take water from a well on my place...

Lowest level permissions (Guest) won't let you do it, no idea why.

Moiseyev Trueden, moko and jammaplaya like this.
  10. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

bump for anyone who might be standing there wondering what's up

Kabalyero likes this.
  11. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

Will look forward to your other Maze, Jamma. Keep your head up!

jammaplaya likes this.
  12. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Aye lass, aye.
    ^^
    I'd like to see some changes though. It's ironic, how developers will on one hand, make you jump through hoops for the sake of realism, like the new carryweight changes, or many other good examples, BUT on the other hand, in this case, they make you jump through hoops whilst going against realism. It is early access though so I'll cut them some slack, but sheesh.. I did have a month to test this out though :p

Moiseyev Trueden and Pikegirl like this.
  13. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

You know, I hate to complain about anything really.

If I ever have to complain about anything you can rest assured it normally comes alongside a bucket of angry hotsauce, but, it's hard in this case, because I really, really enjoyed building this maze lol.. I'm a bit of a glutton for punishment. To make this, it took so much time, I actually was able to watch the entire 37 episodes of the anime 'Death Note' for the first time. So like ~12 hours of online time. I had my nerd-smile and low volume geek-giggle cranked the whole time too, just thinking about how difficult to navigate it would be with several players trying to get through it while racing for the loot. Now every time I watch death note, I'll think of this maze. The building it is the part that I'll essentially end up remembering, so no big loss. I'll make everyones day another time, and it will be glorious.

14. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

You can set containers down for anybody to access, have had that set up and working for a long time man.
    EDIT: deathnote is awesome.

15. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

Personally, I love the energy you bring with your ideas and the effort itself be it successful or not is A+.

And to be fair, you did have a WHOLE month to test, and maybe Themo can enlighten on the Anybody Access Containers ;P

moko likes this.
  16. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

sorry to hear about your event.

another option would be to have some people wearing the ! ? hats hanging out in the maze to give out tickets that can be redeemed for prizes.

good luck with your events in the future.

btw death note sucks :p fooly cooly is where its at

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  17. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

What are the ? ! hats for? Do they have some special function I'm nonaware of? keke

It's an interesting idea though. Still just another option that takes way more effort than one single click which should already be possible.

18. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

not sure if it has any functions...

[​IMG]

19. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

that is the question on everyone's minds then isn't it? :D

Moiseyev Trueden and Kabalyero like this.
  20. Blitz101

Blitz101 Avatar

in before getting warned for using the word ********?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.