People that play frequently - Post what keeps you coming back here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blitz101, Nov 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

It'sfun and the people are cool.

2. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Habit, mostly. Yes, I'm into nuns as well. :eek:

3. Rip Saya

Rip Saya Avatar

I just need an escape from all the hateful, mean and tasteless political advertising that is constantly invading my TV without my permission.

Acred, Moiseyev Trueden and Tahru like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I play the game for the game and for the dream I have of what it will be. I play for the people I have grown to know and care about. Without us and this wonderful development team it will not be possible. I have found things to enjoy like control points, trying out new things, thinking of what ideas come from what I see in the game, and in doing that I then get ideas of what I think could embellish or enhance what is there. Without playing I have less insight and am coming from the past since the game is ever changing. I fight for this game. I do not give up because I believe it is worth it. lol this is a melancholy song but in this movie Meg Ryan says in her break up that it is the dream of what could be. That is where I'm at.

I'm loving all the wonderful things that are happening, they are top notch like the music, instruments, detail on items and the world are so amazing. My biggest wish now is to step back and take a look at the systems we have and find out what will be added to them in the form of details and impacting the world and our characters. There is so much we do not know.

I think much of the conversation UI could be added to and redone. What happens and how it happens in the player world is really important, and most of all the player experience is so important many of these things are not added I feel that right now things are added in to get them in, but still not all the interaction have been added. Quest lines are missing many pieces and parts, and the whole experience is in pieces and parts, how can we even think of judging?

Yes perhaps the game is being developed a little backwards , well just perhaps, the world is getting put in before so much because it is huge in itself. It has been growing way beyond the dreams of many involved in the project so growing pains, yes we have them. The world grows faster than the experience. It will catch up, just keep posting thoughts, concerns, and so many great ideas, and why because we are the one's who are here and this game matters and what we say can truly effect what happens. *cheers* everyone. I hope you all hang in there. I'll be here.

sorry my link kept breaking so I added the song from another one, from the movie You've got mail ;). ;)

edited to make more sense from my lack of coffee addled brain. Trying to say something but failing to also, well perhaps ;)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  5. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

Couldn't help myself.

Acred, Black Tortoise, Elwyn and 5 others like this.
  6. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

this place reminds me of my favorite MUD from way back in the day before UO even came out. just graphical instead of textual. so basically, my mud has moved with the times. :)

7. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

My guild.
    My true in game friends.
    My investment.

Acred, Damian Killingsworth and Tahru like this.
  8. Blitz101

Blitz101 Avatar

The game. I tend to play shroud of the forum for the most part but that's only because I dont want to burn myself out playing a game that is still in progress.

Acred and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  9. Blitz101

Blitz101 Avatar

Ruko 3 with plex and primewire.ag. That's all I will say.

Rip Saya and Fister Magee like this.
  10. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I do this stuff with my real life friends and neighbors :) . I want to be able to pvp and do stuff I cannot do in real life

11. Womby

Womby Avatar

friends
    building a bookstore business
    creating quests
    writing stories
    decorating a POT and the buildings within
    levelling up
    trying to outwit that damn skeleton that frequently lies in the shadows next to the boat that I have to catch to get to my POT

12. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

True.. but I like all those "real life" touches they put into the virtual world of SotA.

Acred likes this.
  13. null2

null2 Avatar

* My friends list
    * Trolling (killing trolls)
    * XP
    * Crafting (I need better items always, and I just started cooking this week)
    * Speed runs (Chillblain's Compendium)
    * PvP
    * Helping people
    * Housing / POT deco

Acred and Damian Killingsworth like this.
  14. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Vote for the GGGP (Glowing Green Glass Party - Nukes are the answer to ALL political positions).

Afraid of Global Warming? Nuclear Winter!
    Disarmament? Once all nukes are launched, no one has nukes left!
    One of the 99%? Nuke the 1%!
    One of the 1%? Nuke the 99%!
    Foreign policy? Nuke the foreigners!
    Domestic policy? Nuke the domestics!
    Worried about Red and Blue states? Make them all Green (glowing green that is)!

Make the Fallout franchise a reality! All registered members of the party get a guaranteed spot in one of the government made bunkers!

This political statement has been paid for by completely irrational people and supported by no known candidates.

8^)

Kaisa, Rip Saya, majoria70 and 2 others like this.
  15. JohnnyChimpo

JohnnyChimpo Avatar

The deck system.

16. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I'm stuck playing SotF because for some odd reason work won't let me install SotA.

All joking answers aside, its purely for the community. Too many good people that I've met over the years to just walk away from.

Acred likes this.
  17. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Because my vendor won't refill himself.

This is not the same game I played last month. I wanted in on a new game, having already played in a dying game (FFXI). And so far I have been getting a slightly different new game every month.

Yes, basically that.

Acred likes this.
  18. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

The next...

Acred likes this.
  19. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Testing the new features and changes each release. Having seen the progress since the beginning, it's like waching anything grow from birth. Although I don't commit a lot of time to the game I check in at least once a week go bash some skeletons or craft something.

Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.