Pinning upcoming events

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Berek, Nov 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

To help separate out past events from current or upcoming ones, please feel free to reach out to me to have your upcoming event pinned in this forum section.

When the event has concluded though, I ask that you also remind me (or any dev) to please unpin the post :).

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Selene

Selene Avatar

To be honest, I miss the way it was before, with a new forum each release. It was less confusing and easier to see new events at start of the release.

blaquerogue, Gaelis, Net and 5 others like this.
  3. EmberFlame

EmberFlame Avatar

I'm inclined to agree, but I can understand the need to move away from the old "Release" naming scheme.

As a suggestion, maybe we could create Monthly sub-forums that get archived yearly? This would help to reduce crowding of threads/sub-forums. It would also lighten Berek's workload of having to be DMed at least twice an event. ;)

EDIT - I understand this creates some amount of work for those with recurring events. But it's not like we didn't deal before, and frankly, these are our creations. It should be our responsibility to maintain them, not the Devs'.

Net and Acred like this.
  4. Berek

We have too many events that cross releases, which is limiting and confusing as well. If everyone could please label the date of their event in the topic, this would be great. Older events that no longer run will naturally fall off. Also, don't forget that we have the event calendar as well, so please be sure to add your events there!

What we could do is have release sections WITH the persistent category as well. That would allow those events that reoccur to be promoted separately.

Net likes this.
  5. Net

Net Avatar

I think we could use some more subforums?
    One for recurring events (every week, month....)
    One for one time events (could be monthly, or per release subforum)
    And archive for finished events.

Would need some work to move stuff to archive, especially those abandoned regular events, but it would be easier to keep up with stuff.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    Gaelis and Berek like this.
  6. Berek

Having it the way you outline could be a nice solution though that prevents more sub-forums, but allows some sorting flexibility, I like it! Minimal sub-forums is the key :).

Net likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.