The Departure

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Boris Mondragon, Nov 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris awoke to an empty tavern. As his vision cleared he found a plate of food and drink had been left for him, a blanket thrown over him, and the fireplace left burning. He slowly stood up. Satisfied that he was not injured, he ate the food. It was cold, but just what his ravenous appetite needed. The ale or what seemed like ale tasted horrible, yet he was thirsty and drank it quickly. Next, he found his backpack sitting behind the chair (you can change this if you don't like it). It was full of fresh provisions: fruit, dry cooked meat, a knife, and a bottle of what he assumed was more ale.

A small piece of parchment was pinned to front (if that's not how you envisioned it, let me know). He brought it over the fireplace to read. "We do not know who you are or how you stumbled into our private event last night. You had no life threatening injuries, so we have left you to recuperate in the warmth of the inn. Please take the provisions, since we assume you must be passing through. We wish you safe travels in your future endeavors. Signed, the citizens of PaxLair."

Boris smiled to himself. He could envision a saltwater-drenched man stumbling into an inn and dropping unconscious in the middle of a private event. No one would expect or want that, so he knew his first impression would not warrant any further hospitality in this town. He found a quill and some ink near the bar and slowly wrote a reply. "I apologize for interrupting your event last night and appreciate the meal, provisions and warm fire that kept me alive. For this you will have my eternal gratitude. I was thrust into this world and this town by fate. Mayhaps one day in the future I will return to repay you, yet there is a purpose to my visit here that I must complete. Fair winds and following seas to all. Boris Mondragon."

Boris headed out of the town and followed his instincts east, stopping at a large city called Brittany. He asked the guard at the gate where the ships were located and was pointed in the right direction. Ships always needed craftsmen and stevedores, and a job would ensure another meal. The rations he was given in PaxLair would only last a day or two at the most.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  2. Dwalin Bombardin

Dwalin Bombardin Avatar

Recognizing the Elegant Pirate from his time in Buccaneer's Den many moons past, Dwalin Bombardin of Owl's Head rushes to Boris on Brittany road and invites him for food and mead at his village home on Lordsview.

Learning that Boris will get a job soon as a stevadore in one of the main ships in Brittany Harbor, Dwalin pledges to join Boris in his cause for adventure and glory.

Dwalin declares, "From this point forward, we are kindred, and we shall not want of food, mead, or glory!"

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  3. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Ahead of him on the road to the docks, Boris saw Dwalin Bombardin of Owl's Head. They immediately recognized each other from the Buccaneer's Den fiasco many moons past. Dwalin ran up to him. Boris smiled and grasped Dwalin's hand in a strong handshake. Dwalin invited him for food and mead at his village home on Lordsview.

Careful that others would not hear his words on the way to Lordsview, Boris spoke in a low, hushed tone. "Dwalin, old friend, thanks for the hospitality. I have no idea how you also made it through the Portal that led us here into this land, but we have work to do. When I entered the city and asked the gate guard about employment on a ship, he told me to seek Lord Farzul, owner of the fastest ship docked here. Yet there was a look of disgust on the guard's face when he mentioned the name. We have to get a ship somehow. I had a dream last night of black ships with silver sails emblazoned with black fists. They were bringing doom for all. Tell me how you got here and prepare to see Lord Farzul with me in the morning if you are up to it. From what I heard about you in Buc's Den I am sure you will not pass this up."

Dwalin had listened intently to the plan and pledged to join him on his adventure. "From this point forward, we are kindred, and we shall not want for food, mead, or glory!" Boris grinned at Dwalin knowing he could trust the man to be the first mate of the ship they were about to obtain.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    Vyrin and Acred like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.