Umuri's SOTA HUD - Combat Stats, Log parsing, /stats, DPS meter, and more. Now with Quests+

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Umuri, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Save map, not save background (which re-grabs the image).
    I would restart, overwrite the image fresh, then adjust it, then save map, then close/reopen and see how it does.

2. moko

moko Avatar

Finished my map of Sequanna Colossus. I tried to add all gathering points to it, but I can't guarantee complete coverage although I made several passes through the map. Thankfully you can add whatever you find lacking yourself (or remove whatever you find annyoing!) :D If the gathering icons are too tiny for your liking you can resize them in the map-sheet, too. I scaled them down to 0.35% via this feature because I prefer them that way.

I also made a map of Serpent's Spine foothills, that is I added all resource gathering points, but since the drawing-at-the-wrong-place is throwing me off I've put off making the outlines so far... I might do it later though :)

Here's a link to my dropbox with icons and map files:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/puiegm32r8aizcz/AAA_XQI86K3J4ZRXHVYit9rsa?dl=0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  3. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

I re-converted the background to Soltown-background.png
    Stood at entrance in game, hud map shows I'm just to the right off center bottom of the M by the compass thing
    [​IMG]
    Click the (Background X-) to move to where I'm at in game (really not even that far because too many clicks for test) Click 'Save Map' it asks if I want to overwrite Soltown.csv to which i choose 'Yes' Now either exit Hud & restart hud or click 'Reload Map File' will both put me back where I started, by the 'M'

*Edit
    I manually changed cvs file & got it working, i guess it's not saving via hud ?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    iansmellios likes this.
  4. Putzaroo

Putzaroo Avatar

Is the chat functionality bugged? I am only getting (To Putzaroo) instead of the actual text of the chat message in the log.
    Latest version.

iansmellios and LoneStranger like this.
  5. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Interesting, will check that out. Thanks for the bug report. Also looks like your map needs some scaling down.

Bug noted, will check into it tonight.

iansmellios, moko and Putzaroo like this.
  6. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

This is a great App, @Umuri. Thanks for doing this. I like it a lot especially the map tool.

Need a little help with the map tool. I drawed a map with the path trace feature and then saved it with "Save Image". All good thus far. Now I wonder if it will be possible to save the drawn map without the "PlayerTracker" icon? Also is it possible to save a progress and reload to finish the map at a later time?

iansmellios likes this.
  7. moko

moko Avatar

Curious about this too, so far I've resorted to editing out the icon manually ;)

Duffrey Blake likes this.
  8. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

I would try renaming the icon that is in the Icons folder & make a new one 1px X 1px or something

moko likes this.
  9. moko

moko Avatar

Hm, that is an option but I'd have to do it every time before saving to quit. I've ended up with multiple icons on my map because of filling in details in more than one session :D

Dorham Isycle likes this.
  10. moko

moko Avatar

I was able to fix my problem with mapping serpent's spine by modifying the first line in the sheet like this:
    Code:
    Serpent's Spine Foothills Novia_R9_Hills01_SerpentsSpineMinesEntrance -90 1 5 -500 -500
    where it was formerly
    Code:
    Serpent's Spine Foothills Novia_R9_Hills01_SerpentsSpineMinesEntrance -360 5 5 -500 -500
    I don't understand why the orientation(? I presume that's what the 360 was?) is automatically set like this but it now works like a charm, it is drawing where I actually am and scaled down appropriately :D
    [​IMG]
    I added my map and the icons for nightshade and scales to the dropbox - some gathering spots are probably missing but I did several runs and added all I could find.

Oh, and while the auto-centering works for the most time, it would be cool if there was an option to manually set what part of the map I want to see. As it is I often have a larger window than would be needed if I could "place" the map inside the HUD window to my liking because I like to see the whole map at once and not just the "centered" portion.

Dorham Isycle likes this.
  11. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

This will be a feature in the newer version, to hide things when saving background.

The rotation is populated by the server, so that -360 is going to be accurate, i just hadn't seen it on one and will be adding that in as an option.
    Will add a toggle for centering

Current progress: It runs on linux! Now to clean it up and put a deploy for it.[​IMG]

12. Putzaroo

Putzaroo Avatar

I have a question about the stats..

The paper doll lists my resists at 23.2 and avoid at 9%. The values in the stats log are 4.9475 and 5.0625 respectively. Which are the true values or is there a discrepancy?

Thank you.

13. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Short answer: Both are the true values, there is no discrepency.
    Long answer involves certain bugs in portalarium's code and how each number comes into play in combat and other fun things players haven't been told yet, but i have a pretty good idea on from testing. But for now you can more or less trust the paperdoll until portalarium staff offically reveals the second pair of number functions publicly. The reason i say this is those numbers are constantly in flux and change as portalarium changes combat every few weeks.

Linux testing is going super well, and by that I mean they have me busy fixing all sorts of random things, but it is working

Putzaroo likes this.
  14. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Nice to see maps being added to this. Hopefully the mapping tools get good quickly I'm excited not to be completely lost all the time.

iansmellios and Dorham Isycle like this.
  15. Lord Gandalf

Lord Gandalf Avatar

16. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Teaser for next release:
    [​IMG]

No longer wonder how much exp you're actually making in an hour, use this to find out!
    Note: some assembly required
    Now runs on LINUX!

17. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

when? :p

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
  18. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

New Release:

Windows: http://umuri.com/SOTA/HUD-0.4.0.zip
    Linux: http://umuri.com/SOTA/HUD-0.4.0-LINUX.7z
    So the big announcement of this release:

LINUX!!!!

Now I did run this via my testing group, so hopefully it should be fairly working for you guys out of the box, but if not pm me your problems and i'll work through it with you.
    Linux users: You may have to chmod +x the runme.sh script and the sotahud binary.

Big Feature:

Experience tracking!
    how to use guide:
    [​IMG]
    Step 1. Open Umuri's SOTA HUD, and go to the EXP TAB.
    Step 2. Hit the reset current kills button, then enter the zone you want to map out. If you don't enter the zone first but instead log straight into it, it won't track the area correctly.
    Step 3. Turn all your skills to maintain/off
    Step 4. Record your EXP before and after a single kill of a given NPC.
    Step 5. You will notice a new entry in the tab for that monster, with a 0 in the ExpPerKill section. Double click that box and put in the correct EXP you got for the kill (by subtracting step 4 from your current EXP after the kill)
    Step 6. Hit the Save Library button to save the changes you've made. Until you hit this button, the changes will vanish if you close the hud.

One way to double check this, is once you are done mapping an area, reset kills and record your total exp, then go hunt a bit. Afterwards, if you subtract your current exp from the total exp shown in the HUD, it should be your starting exp value.

There's now an experience tab, to track your kills (some assembly required).

Right click tab change! Easier nagivation in frameless mode

Content Creation Contest with prizes! ---> here

Donations:
    No matter what happens, the HUD will ALWAYS BE FREE. I will not delay releases for money, I will not hide features for money.

However, I broke down and did the Patreon thing because one specific player kept pestering me for a way to do CC donations. :/
    http://patreon.com/umuri
    I am also looking to setup an in-game vendor that will have support fliers to buy for the people who want to support with in-game gold.
    The HUD's goal is to equalize the game for all players. People will make tools, i just release them publicly so everyone can play on the same level.
    If patreon somehow takes off, it'll just support more of my shenanigans such as releasing a big Prima style complex guide to sota as a whole. But I think it'll hit the 6$ someone keeps pestering about and end there.
    Who knows!

Changelog:
    -- Fourth public release! We rock!
    -- New Feature: Right clicking on the HUD now has a "View Tab" option that lets you quickly switch tabs

-- Fixed a bug where resetting current view while things were selected would cause a crash
    -- Added a time counter to the CURRENT mode of the exp tracker, that shows time since last current reset
    -- New options for EXP Tab. 3 modes, Library, ALL, and Current.
    -- -- -- (ALL) mode tracks all kills in the current log, including kills loaded from before it was opened
    -- -- -- (Current) tracks all kills since the last time the [Reset Current Kills] button was pressed in the HUD or when the HUD was started.
    -- -- -- (Library) shows you every entry in the current library list, which stores how much exp each npc is worth.

-- New Feature: Exp tab - Long awaited feature request!
    -- -- This tab will track the EXP you have earned
    -- -- This feature is self increasing. Everytime you kill an NPC that isn't in your library, it will add it, with a 0 exp per kill amount.
    -- -- You can then click on that EXP per kill, and put in the amount that it actually gave you
    -- -- -- To find this, make sure ALL your skills are set to maintain or off, make sure you're not in a party, record your EXP before and after the kill, and subtract before from after.
    -- -- Once you have put in the amount, or even if you don't want to but want to save the new additions to the library, click Save Library.
    -- -- -- NOTE: It will not do this automatically
    -- -- CURRENT DRAWBACKS:
    -- -- -- All kills show up, both NPC and Player.
    -- -- -- It only shows exp values for full value kills, and does not include party calculations
    -- -- -- Whatever zone you first are in when a log starts will be the area "Homebase", I recommend not updating library entries here, and to exit/re-enter in this situation.
    -- -- -- In some limited situations, two tiers of npcs have the same name within one area. There's nothing i can do about this. Sorry. Bug report it and make portalarium fix it.

-- Bug fixed: Included some more datetime options for parsing out the log date for some systems on 24 hour time.
    -- Reconstructed the repro, to allow for easier deployment of linux builds
    -- Checkbox option on map tab to turn off autocenter on map tracking player

-- Bug fixed: Whispers now record accurately in the chatlog again, fix from bug introduced in 0.2.4
    -- Bug fixed: Map background adjustments (scale and offset buttons) now save properly when save map is hit
    -- Rewrote how files are located on system, in prep for linux build
    -- LINUX!!! First linux build that went to testers and worked
    -- -- Also a thank you to Wintermute of COF and Alley Oop who did the bulk of the initial bug reports back on the linux deploy.
    -- Lots of library diving, finally isolated where that weird library bit people kept finding was, turns out QT5Networking is included as part of QT5core. What bs.
    -- -- The program still does not invoke any of that library, although i have gotten multiple requests for auto-update.
    -- Rewrote how /stats parsed due to an annoying bug between windows (which puts \r after each one) and linux (which doesn't)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  19. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Feature request: As well as the option to open logs between specific dates, could we have an option which allows us to specify a number of days? So if I enter a value of 3, logs from the last three days are imported.

20. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

you are awesome Umari! I've seen a lot of frustrations in your posts lately and hope you dont get so frustrated you leave the game and stop making this HUD :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.