1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Homes of New Britannia – Screenshot Submissions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sun Wu

Sun Wu Avatar

Hello, may I introduce you to Sun Wu´s hut of recreation, the most beautiful home of new britannia.;)
    Placed in the charming POT Ahnen Hain (next to Elad´s Lighthouse). Loc: (104.3, 38.0, 304.4)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Whenever you wanna drop by to see this live, you´re welcome...
    CU
    Sun Wu

Cassandra Corax, Leelu and Alexander like this.
  2. fIreSpHere

fIreSpHere Avatar

Hi all. This humble peasant got inspired to work extra hard when the raffles announced. I managed to save enough gold to acquire 100 PAD raffle tickets. Thanks to the SotA RNG god for beaming a glimpse light on me, I won a deed! Then this peasant went on a journey to look for a place to call home. My good friend got wind of this invited me over to their POT Serenity's Edge located just a few miles southeast of Brittany.

They offered me something way more than I can bargain for. The lot comes with a poorly maintained castle and a rusty greenhouse. It's small castle with it's limitation. It seems that the wall/tower on the right of the castle has fallen apart.
    [​IMG]

Upon closer inspection, the crumbled part of the castle is what left of a tower and quite a formidable section of the wall.
    [​IMG]

The offer for that lot is too tempting so I took up the offer and started working that piece of fertile land right in front of the castle. Hopefully the crops will earn enough to pay off the abysmal land tax and have some extra leftover gold to purchase some pristine cut granite for the restoration of the once glorious tower and wall.
    [​IMG]

Hopefully some day not too far in the future I can show you all a beautifully restored castle.
    Thank you for your time.

Bom, Lord Barugon, Berek and 9 others like this.
  3. Free Moonshadow

Free Moonshadow Avatar

Dragon's Fall Friends - A few of us have settled in the homely town of Dragon's Fall on the Drachvald Pennisula. Of these Free Moonshadow and Fungus's country houses can be found side by side a little behind the main square (find the crafting pavillion and turn right, then left ... last 2 houses) . The houses are a refuge from a hectic adventuring life where friends can be welcomed and peace and quiet enjoyed.... with the only wolves baying at your heels being those mounted on the walls of Fungus's house.

[​IMG]
    View from lane at eventide in the late autumn of the two friends, Free Moonshadow (on the left) and Fungus's (on the right) homes.

[​IMG]
    A hot bath beckons in Fungus's greenhouse behind, but the plants won't water themselves , however a few moments mediation by Free's ankh water well won't harm

[​IMG]
    Putting the finishing touches to Fungus's bedroom come study ... he would admit to anyone decorating isn't his thing .. killing wolves etc however .... she's definitely not sure about the candles on the end of the bed though...
    [​IMG]
    Free checking her maps for the following days adventuring, although her sofa and a good book beckon beyond
    [​IMG]
    Free Moonshadow reading a book in her garden as the sun goes down in the garden - looking down over the 2 houses

[​IMG]
    Free enjoying some music by her blazing warm fire - since there's a social tonight

[​IMG]
    Free Moonshadow headed over to Fungus's garden to have a good ol' chinwag and help gather some produce for supper
    [​IMG]
    With Fungus cooking up a storm in his kitchen and the other friends not yet arrived .. Free wonders if Fungus would notice if she slipped a few more wall torches into the basement..... Ah well time to go mining again and how to get a gustball pitch into the basement?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  4. Neverborn

Neverborn Avatar

Hello Fellow Avatars,
    I am Pallida Mors the Hermit Wizard of Havoc, My Wizard's Tower of Madness is located on the Northeastern Part of Taenby Landing, down near the shoeline.
    Location: Area: Taenby Landing (PRT_forest_metropolis_01/Taenby Landing) Loc: (27.5, 36.0, 455.4)

Please be forewarned I am Death Wizard and have drained the life of almost every thing on my grounds. Behold the Tower of Madness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bom, Berek, shathiell and 8 others like this.
  5. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

The Metropolis of Beran's Reach is proud to announce the first full-time courthouse in New Britannia. Nestled in the hills north of Britanny, just outside the city wall of Beran's Reach (18.3, 36.0, 455.1) the courthouse's doors are always open to all outlanders.

[​IMG]

The court makes available a lower or common court which doubles as a meeting hall. The lower court seats around 50 people and is humble in it's design
    [​IMG]

The courthouse also makes availbe administrative space for prosecutors and defenders with private meeting spaces for each.
    [​IMG]

What government building would be complete without cubicles. The courthouse aims to please here too with work areas for administrators and clerks. After all, what field creates more paperwork than the legislature?
    [​IMG]

Finally, on it's upper floor we find the high court. This grand room seats almost 100 people on grand velvet seating. A bench dominates the room providing seating for a tribunal of magistrates as a raised seating area for witnesses. This court not only judges the trickiest cases but also hosts grand events like weddings, coronations and promotions.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

Welcome to the home of Emma Stillwater, located near Brittany in Breaker's Landing at Area: Breaker's Landing (POT_mountain_metropolis_01_template/Breaker's Landing) Loc: (-213.6, 26.0, 226.1).
    After the short walk to town, simply follow the pavement past the well, and veer slightly left at the crafting area. My home is just ahead, by the lake.
    I hope to someday craft a 2-story log cabin home and retire here. :D I enjoy the beautiful scenery, picnics at my backyard bar-b-queue, gardening, and fishing practically outside my backdoor.

Front/side view: http://imgur.com/a/bpRvP
    [​IMG]
    Backyard view: http://imgur.com/a/UFZQq
    [​IMG]
    Living Room: http://imgur.com/a/uKlww
    [​IMG]
    Kitchen and Dining: http://imgur.com/a/Vt5Mu
    [​IMG]
    Bedroom: http://imgur.com/a/M83xO
    [​IMG]

Bom, Lord Barugon, Berek and 8 others like this.
  7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Welcome to Stormbringer Estate (Area: Estgard (Novia_R10_City_Estgard/Brekken Bay) Loc: (-148.8, 37.0, -169.9)) located on the far north isle of Norgard in the small town of Estgard. The Stormbringer noble line has long been protecting the shores of Norgard, and has property throughout Estgard. This particular keep is owned by Mishikal Stormbringer, with the majority of decoration done by his lovely wife Meridyn Stormbringer. Those interested in a quick visit need merely head to the Town Crier in Estgard. From there, follow the road south and out the gate. When coming upon the three way intersection with the covered bridge directly ahead, turn to the west (right). The estate is the first (and only) keep on the right.

Stormbringer Estate is surrounded by a lovely yard, carefully maintained year round by a bevy of gardeners. At the front are small areas to enjoy music and food and even a well to make a wish for a few copper. The majority of the house is yellow in keeping with the Estgardian belief that it helps to ward off Kobold attacks.

[​IMG]

To the rear one finds the working gardens to meet the needs of the family while they are in residence:

[​IMG]

When entering, one finds themselves in a traditional northern arctic entryway with wardrobes to store winter gear and a lovely fire to warm cold extremities.

[​IMG]

The estate library is a wonderful place to curl up in a soft leather chair while reading a favorite book and listening to the classics. Often used for printing leaflets on the current status of Kobold raids to distribute to the townsfolk.

[​IMG]

On the second floor, one finds the family room. A great spot to sit and play a competitive game of chess or checkers .....
    [​IMG]

....or to listen to live music with family and friends.

[​IMG]

The third floor houses the various tools necessary for maintaining the keep and its grounds. The kitchen (not shown) is also located nearby.

[​IMG]

One also finds the family relaxation area on the third floor, with stunning views of the Estgard countryside. A hot tub is always ready and waiting, with the water kept nice and toasty by the heat brought up from the adjacent chimney. Perfect for stargazing on those cold winter nights. Local miniature trees help provide a privacy screen. Those who simply wish to sit and relax also have ample seating area.

[​IMG]

Please come and visit soon! There is much more to see and enjoy.

Bom, Lord Barugon, Berek and 8 others like this.
  8. Heavy44

Heavy44 Avatar

My character's name is Jerry Fairydust, he's a lady killer. Jerry's house is located in Xenos on the NW side of the town square. He decorated it to impress the ladies. Xenos Loc: (60.2, 40.0, 191.2) (Pumpkin wall and grave wall have been taken down to cut down on lot load time)
    [​IMG]
    This shot shows the graveyard side of the house. It is walled off with tombstones, with the only entrances being through the gallows or guillotine.
    [​IMG]
    Jerry loves to host a party, even if it's just his Pumpkin People friends who show up.

[​IMG]

When he isnt entertaining guests in his hot tub, or killing and burying his enemies in his graveyard, Jerry likes to entertain his guests on the main floor of his house. He also likes to show off and talk excessively about his complete mountables collection.

[​IMG]

In order to pay for his lavish lifestyle Jerry is forced to do manual labor, here is his workshop.

[​IMG]

Hard work makes Jerry hungry, this is where he prepares his food, bad dog!

[​IMG]

Jerry is also an avid mixologist and likes to impress his guests with his Mixology Lab.

[​IMG]

After a long day Jerry likes to read a book and write an entry in his journal, before retiring to his Fancy Bed.

9. Krissa Lox

Krissa Lox Avatar

Here is my place in Brittany Estates, first house on the left after passing over the west bridge from the city services at the entrance (loc -47.5, 52.0, 436.6):

[​IMG]
    Fountain Plaza for public enjoyment

[​IMG]
    Tiered Gardens in the backyard

[​IMG]
    Deck with Barbecue and small picnic area behind

[​IMG]
    The inside is more modest, mostly designed for cottage industry while still being cozy enough for comfortable living. But for my own room, I just had to splurge for some purple!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bom, Lord Barugon, Berek and 7 others like this.
  10. Meridyn

Meridyn Avatar

Welcome to Stormbringer Farm (Area: Estgard (Novia_R10_City_Estgard/Brekken Bay) Loc: (-52.7, 38.2, 20.4)) located on the far north isle of Norgard in the small town of Estgard. The farm consists of two village lots side by side. The main lot, owned by Meridyn Stormbringer, has a barn with the upstairs converted into a comfortable living area. To reach the farm from the Estgard Town crier, head south to the gate. Instead of exiting town, head west (right) and follow the street. The farm is comprised of the last two lots on the right.

The barn exterior has red and yellow banners to aid in warding off Kobolds and a number of garden beds growing produce for the town. Greenhouses on the adjacent lot provide a safe growing location for produce less suited to the northern climes.

[​IMG]

At the back of the barn is a small residence for the master gardener. Free range turkeys help keep the insect population in check.

[​IMG]

The downstairs area has storage for farming essentials and several planting beds. A stairway provides convenient access to the upstairs living area.
    [​IMG]

At the top of the stairs, one finds a double fireplace. On the front side is a dining area with a variety of seating options. A bench on the left side looks out over the neighborhood.
    [​IMG]

On the back side of the double fireplace is the kitchen area with various ingredients and spices located on the shelves. A fish bakes away on the mantle to provide a wholesome evening meal.

[​IMG]

The far end of the living quarters has a small guest bed on one side...
    [​IMG]

... and a comfortable reading nook on the other.
    [​IMG]

A double bed near the top of the stairs offers a welcome resting space for Meridyn and her husband Mishikal when they come to oversee operations at the farm.
    [​IMG]

Come visit soon and enjoy the Autumn harvest.

amaasing, Bom, Lord Barugon and 8 others like this.
  11. Nemesis2

Nemesis2 Avatar

forgot my submission for the costume, Titled On a Pale Horse :)
    [​IMG]

Takinging a break from my plague duties. .... and a nap...

[​IMG]

It's hard being the Nemesis :)

Bom, Acred, Lord Barugon and 7 others like this.
  12. Selene

Selene Avatar

Entry for the Costume Contest:

It's a lovely time of year to leave the comforts of home and walk among the living... well, living "for now"....

[​IMG]

It's a shame these humans are so fragile.... Oh well, at least they can still serve a purpose..

[​IMG]

Bom, Lord Barugon, shathiell and 7 others like this.
  13. beandipcabra

beandipcabra Avatar

This is Bobby Shwaggoner's residence in Ardoris. (192.5, 53.0, 168.8) It is close to the main hustle and bustle of the city center. This makes it an excellent location for fellow travelers to find a great deal on his many wares.
    [​IMG]

This is where he stores his many items after a long day of adventuring and conquering the many areas of New Britannia.
    [​IMG]

This is Bobby office, where he enjoys writing about tales from his adventures. Or where he has to face the reality of his financial situation.

[​IMG]

Here is another picture of the main room. Bobby enjoys laying on the rug and listening to his Portable Aether Vibration Amplifier. He thinks the rug really ties the room together.
    [​IMG]
    Although he prefers to eat on the go, this is where Bobby crafts the delicious bear or corpion meals that he enjoys to eat.
    [​IMG]

This is another shot of the kitchen and the trunk in which he stores the ingredients for his yummy dishes.

[​IMG]

Here is a shot of the bedroom where he lays his head after a hard days work. The fancy bed is surrounded by all the heads of the animals he has slayed. At bedtime, Whippet loves to race bobby up stairs and wait for him on the bed.
    [​IMG]

Here is the makeshift dining area where Bobby loves to enjoy dinner when he's not eating fast food.
    [​IMG]

Bom, Lord Barugon, shathiell and 6 others like this.
  14. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

While exploring PaxLair I came across a solitary tower on a cliff overlooking a lake. [Area: PaxLair (POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/PaxLair) Loc: (-368.9, 65.0, 4.1)]

A man in front informed me it is called The Grey Tower, but he was not forthcoming with any additional information so I decided to have a look around...
    [​IMG]
    The front door was unlocked and led to a dining hall
    [​IMG]

There seems to be an odd indentation in the wall of the sitting room...
    [​IMG]

Behind the Secret Door I found a ladder leading down to a shrine of some sort...

[​IMG]

After leaving the shrine I decided to venture upstairs...
    [​IMG]

The 3rd floor seems to be a lab of some sort
    [​IMG]

The view from the roof is breathtaking!
    [​IMG]

Bom, Lord Barugon, Berek and 6 others like this.
  15. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

* Presenting The Flaming Heart Residence *

Located in Brittany Wharfs, next to the main gate, there is a home where you can rest from your travels!
    GPS Guide linked here (wait, what is a GPS anyway?):
    http://imgur.com/u4h1M73

Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Wharfs
    Loc : (-3.6, 43.7, 231.4)

Well...

I, Sir Leonard Llywelyn, invite all folks to visit my humble estate to do business, take a rest from your travels or for Wharfs residents, there is a good space where you can craft all your needs!

Arriving to my home just takes a left turn from Brittany Wharfs main gate.

[​IMG]

My Vendor, while selling some rarities is always instructed to Currency Exchange, by buying COTOS, selling deeds, etc.

[​IMG]

I got plenty of stations for crafting just outside the house:

[​IMG]

And following the garden...

[​IMG]

You can find my WoodWorks Magic Alchemist Office in the backyard!

[​IMG]

Entering from the main door....

[​IMG]

There is my private Atelier, being taken care by one of my loyal servants,
    Don't be shy to step in!

[​IMG]

But if you came just to relax, feel free to use the Living Room as you please.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JARVIS, my automaton buttler, can find you some accomodations either. He also serves the dinner at 7:00.

[​IMG]

While you wait, you can relax by the Hearth, while playing games or telling stories...

[​IMG]

Or if you want a more reserved meeting, you can use the guests rooms upstairs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We have guests accomodations...

[​IMG]

Hot Baths (please ask Norman to turn on the bubbles!)

[​IMG]

And also, our VIP Room, avaliable to the most noble guests.

[​IMG]

But thats not all!
    If you are feeling hungry, you can go downstairs to our basement kitchen directly!

[​IMG]

Where you will find two more of my loyal servants, Rudolf and Sergei!

[​IMG]

They can prepare you the wildest meals and drinks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And our storage is always full with fresh meat, grains and vegetables!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course, i could not forget take care of my servants and have set up their own quarter and lounge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally, but not least!

The best thing about taking a rest in my humble Estate is the nice sunset view with the clean sky above, with my backyard pointing to the shore!

[​IMG]

Thanks for visiting,
    Enjoy the stay.

PS: Some extra Photos right here: http://imgur.com/a/2mm8s

Sir Leonard Llywelyn,
    Royal Lord Marshal of the Flaming Heart.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    licemeat, Bom, Lord Barugon and 4 others like this.
  16. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks everyone for submitting your homes! As of 11:59pm CST last night, the contest has officially closed. We will be announcing the winners on the R35 Hangout of the Avatar Postmortem livestream this Thursday at 3pm CST on www.twitch.tv/shroudoftheavatar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.