Reflections on SotA Con East, November 4-6, 2016 With Photos

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bayard, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

I can post them for you if you would like me to.

2. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

That's what I did and the pics all showed just fine for me. Don't tell anyone I used to be a backup system administrator and desktop support for a major university...

3. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Can anyone see this? It was tossed to me by a Knight on a horse (I missed it) and handed to me by a king. That's a pretty surreal night for a lowly and low powered court mage!
    [​IMG]

4. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Here is the first of two videos of Richard talking about his space flight.
    Amazing man with an amazing vision.

Part 1 of 2
    Part next part should be much later today.
    YouTube seems slow today. Maybe it is that election thing LOL

5. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Ok. I think I got it figured out. Here are just a few of my favorite pics from the wonderful weekend. I think further up in this thread is a link to my Dropbox album that has a few more.

This is me and Caska. We were our guild representatives!
    [​IMG]

Bucket list item for me. Meeting Richard Garriott was something I never thought would happen. I've admired him and his games for 25 years. I didn't expect him to be so tall or so incredibly genuine, down to earth, attentive, patient, [insert other Geek Crush adjectives here]. We are all blessed to have such a benevolent king to lead us to new adventures!
    [​IMG]

A huge shoutout to my step-sis who lives in San Diego and shipped me this costume. She's a mega Comicon attendee (and Cosplay and Renaissance fair attendee). I appreciated her shipping me this costume to hopefully look like the court mage, which is what I was going for. I also commissioned the jewelry she made me which has dragons on it.
    [​IMG]

Yet another bucket list item: attending a medieval dinner! I had never done that. I think it was especially amazing as we brought our own king!
    [​IMG]

If you doubt that Lord British has a child-like sense of humor, stop. Just stop. He can be such a goof. I've seen more than one photobomb by him.
    [​IMG]

I only attended one Taberna Novia session. It was so cool that Richard wanted to hear what we thought, suggestions, opinions. He listened attentively and answered non-stop questions the entire weekend.
    [​IMG]

6. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Does anyone have the OPENING CEREMONY video from SotACon on Friday morning? It is the one where LB, Darkstarr, and Berek opened the convention with the "Blade of the Con".

Thanks!

7. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Here is part 2 of 2
    Space

8. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

I will check to see if I recorded that.
    But be warned, if I did it will be of very poor quality since I was sitting in the back of the room.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I don't see these images at all, but i did see your drop box pictures easily. Thank you all for sharing and I'm thrilled it was a great time for you all. :)

Fionwyn Wyldemane, Rhiannon and Tahru like this.
  10. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Here is the session with Darkstarr (Starr Long in three parts)
    Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

I also have some of the first day sessions but the sound is really bad since I was in the back of the room. If you would like to see them also, let me know.

11. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Yes. Please excuse the quality of the video...
    https://goo.gl/photos/8ETxeRa6PafufSNg9

Tahru, Fionwyn Wyldemane and Lesni like this.
  12. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Glad to see you all made it back from the convention safely. I have uploaded my pictures to google photos. I have the full resolution photos on my hard drive if these are too difficult to see. I may upload those later to the paxlair site as well.

I also had a great time. I did not photograph or capture video for everything... feel free to copy any of these pictures as anybody sees fit. The images my be blury but I the people in them are really awesome, and I felt privileged to spend time with you all. The pictures (and videos) begin the first night in the Taberna, but most Pictures were taken at Medieval Times, but I did capture some other stuff not mentioned above such as the First Ever Pathfinder Role Playing Campaign Played in the setting of New Britannia taken the last day of the Con which was just an example of the games we played that was not mentioned in posts above.

Unfortunately I have no pictures of walking to lunch the first day, and the group that formed for breakfast on the first morning in the hotel lobby where dev and attendees alike broke bread, or eggs or whatever...

Here's the link ... https://goo.gl/photos/TPdireBfPgpvfF3z9

(oh some of these are videos).

Lesni, Shade Baneborn, Gaelis and 3 others like this.
  13. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

I just wanted to chime in that I had a blast, sorry I could not make it to the Knight's Dinner, but it looks like you guys had a great time there too. Hoping I can somehow finagle SotaCon2 next year!

Isaiah, Fionwyn Wyldemane and Lesni like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.