Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crafting Material Variations and the Gold cost for all the recipes

Discussion in 'Release 36 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Lace, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lace

Lace Avatar

I have spent some time working on knowing/buying all recipes. Game Development should take a hint from the 3rd party websites.

They don't list out:
    Crimson Pine Binding
    Rock Maple Pine Binding
    Hard Maple Pine Binding
    Maple Binding
    Pine Binding

They List Wood Binding and the recipe is the type of wood plus tools and fuel

This should be one recipe for Wood Binding that is bought then as each derivation is created, that particular recipe would appear in your book to make crafting runs easier. (same for ingots, sheets, etc etc)

It takes down the gold sink you are creating in R36 and just makes sense.

Now having a crafting level limit I think is good like only 20+ make rock maple, and 40+ make grey pine, and 60+ can make hard maple (arbitrary things) BUT you must also fix the stats on these wood items they are way out of whack) No one really uses them cause the benefits don't meet the cost of the wood to create them)

Chatele, Mishikal, lollie and 7 others like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Agreed.

Or at least have them as a Bag bundle, so that when we purchase a 250g recipe, we get a bag which when un-bundled gives us all the different variants.

lollie, Lace, Leelu and 1 other person like this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Its odd that some recipes are like this, and some are not. Many have ingredients that say "Wooden Board", but it depends on the type of board you use as to what you get. Others specify it has to be a "Maple Board", and then there is a duplicate for the "Pine Board" version. Hopefully these will be standardized. There is no real reason to have these separated. If you want to make these clearer, show the types of variations that a recipe will accept, such as "Wooden Board (Maple or Pine)".

Also, if many recipes are not going to be discoverable, the recipe vendors should not be the choke point. Drop prices from 250g to 25-75g, depending on tier. It would be great if more NPCs would teach recipes as quest rewards, or sometimes just for asking; thats how we get emotes, so crafters should feel rewarded the same way.

Chatele, Robros Reh, Elwyn and 4 others like this.
  4. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

The ring recipe is the worst now. Different metals give no extra properties, but you do not know that till you burned all those bronze ingots.

5. Lace

Lace Avatar

Oh an dont get me started on the bug they introduced when they changed the ingredient from coils to ingots and made it 10 ingots from I think 2 coils. That has been reported multiple times as making no sense but has been ignored.

You ring takes more ingots than your boots and gloves (3 sheets = 9 ingots)

6. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

I still have a ring mold - not that we need it anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.