R36 is coming and you only have a few days to prepare!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lace, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I think if i had to reset today, it would take me longer then it did.
    This is still considerd testing.. so while it sux alot of us are at this point, all they cna really do is adjust for the actual release of the game, and bite the bullet of the people this high already.

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

And that is exactly how I look at it, if I do not take advantage and abuse the system now, in the end (if I do not have actual friends who know it all) I would be forced to pay a player who most likely did "abuse" the system to get either the recipie or the item.

I am not calling all those out there who already know it abusers

but if a new player coming into the game cannot learn them all then every player should be forced to start from that point.

and by not wiping the slate clean . . . . .

Xandra7 and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  3. Kirran

Kirran Avatar

Agreed on P2W. In my opinion only, I think that CotOs are best suited for payment of rent and purchasing of dyes and decorations. While I take advantage of Obsidian potions, I'd be fine if they went away.

What isn't happening is rethinking of Masterworking and Enchanting bottleneck for Crafting and the catastrophic failure leaving you with scraps. The Crafting system as a whole needs to be rethought, not in the mechanics of the actual assembly (which is quite good; I think the idea of recipes is great, and creating multiple parts to make a whole) but the grind time requirements for Commodities. I cannot currently Tailor and then Masterwork and Enchant leather armor and sell it for a profit considering the loss rate. Certainly not a 3mw/3enchant. Even a 2/2 is dicey. And I know how much it costs to make each piece of armor and apply the MW and Enchants given the going rate for everything that goes into the suit including fuel, because I spent an evening doing a spreadsheet on it. The bonuses given aren't really good enough to justify spending what it takes to make up for my loss on failure. And we've complained about the pure RNG die roll ad infinitum; while it may hold true over 1000s of die rolls it's way too unforgiving in the short-run to make the process anything but unpredictable. So basically I'm going to make armor for myself and I'll have to charge unreasonable rates until the process is refined to be more crafter-friendly.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  4. mass

mass Avatar

Let's have a dev come in here and tell me I'm exploiting. I dare'em...I double dare'em. :)

Seriously, if they want to call it an exploit at this point, I'd gladly offer up my cook book for a wipe. As long as everyone gets treated the same. :)

5. mass

mass Avatar

I totally just got my 'legendary crafter' achievement ;)

6. Lained

Lained Avatar

Personally I'm happy to learn the recipes after the game is fully fledged form.

7. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

It appears to me that most of the gripes regarding update changes take the form of complaining that "somebody" is going to have some kind of "advantage" over others.

Honestly, I don't follow...?

So me being dev+ might give me a heads up to "discover" some recipes instead of buying them... for 250gp a piece.

Sooo... let's say I avoided having to buy 10 recipes... my "advantage" is that I have 2500 more gold than I would otherwise?

Big whoop.

Zapatos80 likes this.
  8. Zapatos80

Zapatos80 Avatar

Seriously, who cares about recipes anyway? I highly doubt the current gear recipes will be rare, except stuff like bone armor, which is insanely expensive and sucks at the moment anyway :p

9. Zapatos80

Zapatos80 Avatar

Right, lots of tears over a whole lot of nothing IMO.

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh but if only getting to Gm had the most interesting road. I know getting systems in has always been the excuse we have been told. The thing is we asked for fun systems with depth that integrated with each other over and over in early days. Ones that updated journals, gave us reasons for doing everything in the game and connected the systems in smarter ways so your character and NPC's are aware that you have done that, been there, talked to them, and completed that. And if you didn't then your character may worry about it and fail the task. Also requested Quests with multiple choices to do. Some things perhaps are coming, but one thing that did not happen was our road to anything was said that it won't be easy, and it even could be intricate, take a while and be interesting, this did not happen. What happened instead is people GM'd things in a few hours, a few days, or even a few months with nothing intriguing or interesting about their road to achieving this, they just did and then off they go to the next GM. I am not putting anyone down for this action because omg this is what there is to do in this game. There is no journey just a destination Almost Aerosmith ;) lol. except for the journey part ;)

11. Laurana

Laurana Avatar

I'd be fine with a recipe book wipe to even the playing field, but I think the part some are forgetting is that if you don't buy the recipes you can't teach them. Therefore nobody can "exploit" the current system and "force" newer players, or those that didn't learn the recipe yet, to spend massive amounts of gold on them. If you want to teach it you have to spend the same as anyone else that doesn't know it.

12. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

There is no need to wipe anything.

To avoid 'drama' all they need to do is start a new server when they go 'live'.

They can keep the existing one going. Then the marketplace will decide where they want to play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.