Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Melee Mob HP Increase is Ridiculous

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by DAKelam1, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DAKelam1

DAKelam1 Avatar

I understand the need to differentiate melee guys from archers and mages, but really a 4 times increase in hit points? That is not adding any challenge or differentiation, that is simply a ridiculous way to inflate combat time and reduce the amount of drops introduced to the economy. Doing things like this only makes for a more boring combat experience than it already is because now I have to spend 4 times longer using it. And if you are going to raise it to such ridiculous levels at least give us more 2 times more exp since its taking us 4 times longer to kill the damn things.

2. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

Well... I actually liked the change. :D

Sara Dreygon and ZeCarlos like this.
  3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

... considering i ignore footmen and champions till the end because they useless.. its a good change to make them an actual annoyance.

Sara Dreygon and Lord Ravnos like this.
  4. Fali

Fali Avatar

What makes me angry is the kind of anouncement:
    • NPC Health Adjustments: NPCs that are caster types have had their health reduced dramatically and damage output increased. Melee types have had their health increased. The goal is to give players an incentive to go after casters and archers first.
    The truth would have been:
    • NPC Health Adjustments: NPCs that are caster types have had their health reduced slightly and damage output increased. Melee types have had their health dramatically increased. The goal is to give players an incentive to go after casters and archers first.

Is there a need to beautify things? That only causes irritation...

5. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

I must congratulate the developers for making the changes they made. The difficulty increase is very welcomed. When one person is clearing out almost entire 5 skull zones you know there's an issue with difficulty.

The game now feels much more challenging and risky. Those are the kind of conditions that create intense game play that matters.

6. DAKelam1

DAKelam1 Avatar

How about fixing melee damage across the board for npcs and players instead of inflating hp totals to such a dramatic point.

7. redfish

redfish Avatar

Interesting... because I already went after casters and archers first, before the changes, as I found it in my advantage.

8. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

I didnt noticed any reduce, for example in crag mages who had 450hp now have 500+. :D:D:D

Moiseyev Trueden, Budner and moko like this.
  9. moko

moko Avatar

It's kind of sad that mobs that are green to me now have the same or more hit points than me. It also does nothing for me except prolonging combat time as I was going for archers and mages first even before - except when hindered by the targeting system. With the spawning rate as is it leads to focus depletion due to a constant stream of mobs with little time to gather resources in between. Combat feels more tedious now.

10. redfish

redfish Avatar

@moko I'm pretty sure it means more wear on your gear, too.

11. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Hmm, early days but not seeing a major reduction in my melee effectiveness as yet. for my build, (leather wearing dual-wield dps) on a test of low level melee npc mobs, (green) bandits in this case, things seems pretty much the same, against elder wolves (yellow) maybe the same or a a tad tougher. Against water elementals, yellow, green and orange, maybe same or a tad easier. My attunement is pretty weak Earth magic at this stage.

Edit - seems focus is running out 25% quicker at a guess (on reflection probably less), but i tended to waste focus anyway, refreshing buffs and resists before they had anywhere near expired, so maybe for me all that is needed is better discipline in managing focus.

Part of my problem is I can't easily read the tiny buff and resist icons under my name plate in combat that easily, let alone the expiration, so I tend to mash them when tehy refresh.

Personally I would like the option to increase the size of the combat buff icons and maybe relocate them as well.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  12. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

In my experience prior to this release, combat seemed to last a perfect amount of time. I haven't played this release yet... but I'm not liking the idea of combat lasting longer than it does now - especially if that means more wear on gear and no extra xp or drops added.

13. redfish

redfish Avatar

@danjacobsmith ,

I like the idea of lower level mobs staying engaging as you level up, but don't think increasing hp is really a good way to do that. It doesn't make the individual mobs more difficult, it just requires more time, and more wear on gear, to narrow down the hp.

Besides, I can only imagine how these changes affect starting players coming out of Soltown. As I recall, there were some bandits in E. Perennial Trail that were yellows. If their hp is multiplied... I can only imagine how much more difficult starting out in that scene would be.

Sure, if you're always fighting mobs below your level, it will be ok, though take more time...

14. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Because of more mob HP, focus loss has been accelerated to the point where I'm now sitting and waiting to regen way more than I am actually moving around, fighting, and having fun. :(

15. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

It should be a factor of str and healthy passive +lvl, just like the rest of us.

Therefore magi would be lower by a large margin.

16. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I see no problem with the higher hp of enemies, but:

I was gaming today and thrown out in a fight at shuttered eye.
    After upgrading the game I came back surrounded by skeletons and died 2nd time.
    Before I recognized, that the HARDEND Sk. raised to over 1.100 hp I died 4-5 times, wondering why ;)
    Okay, a reason was I was out of a few important reagents.
    But one more reason was to click on cocoon of night - which took a lot of time to be executed (see skill thread from me).
    So I lost 8.000 xp.
    No good start with this Release, but as it was said before: we will be more careful ...

My wish for next releases: A gift of a starter bonus of 5(?) minutes, where xp-decrease is not activated! :)

Budner likes this.
  17. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Have the color tags for the melee enemies changed due to increased difficulty? Should green ones be changed to yellow or orange based on
    your experience?

Have the XP rewards for the monster been increased due to increased difficulty?

Gatsu., Beaumaris and Nhili Dragon like this.
  18. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

I have a sword and shield build and want to raise the shield skills, but guess what... it consumes so much pooled XP now that i wonder where the pool will balance out.
    When the server came back online i started with a XP pool slighty above 70k and went to Twins Foothills and Serpents Foothills as usual... killed a few Mobs and my pool dropped to 55k.
    I know my damage output is small, i dont complain about that, but right now it seems really hard to gain shield skills....

Beaumaris likes this.
  19. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

Well, i am still able to pick up 6-10 500-760HP warriors and burn AOE them down real quick in whirlwind, fireballs, flame rings and corpse explosions. I am a plate 2H user, so lots of defense and the extra HP doesn't seem an issue. 4-5 mages and archers the other hand beats the crap out of me much easier, and now i find myself having to run for my life frequently (especially with hardened elven) and engaging the minimum of them as possible.

I am still having "fun" and i found this release a huge Quality of Life improvement, but sure the income will lower a bit more. But i am not concerned. "Having fun" is not exactly attached to how much i can earn per play hour and the extra challenge pays for that.

[edit] PS: Yeah, i think loot MUST be fixed in the future. I give it to them now, because the game still have too many "exploitive" ways to become rich too fast if loot was way better than now.

Beaumaris and Budner like this.
  20. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Time to go whack the mages and archers until they adjust the melee HP, I guess.

Derium, Beaumaris and Leelu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.