1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 36 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Nov 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

I placed both of them in Hometown.

Elwyn, Guido DeVille, Numa and 5 others like this.
  2. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

*cough* No please *cough*

Elwyn, Numa, NRaas and 5 others like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Sweet, thanks.

Cally likes this.
  4. Candor Atlantica

Candor Atlantica Avatar

"In R36, we have added wagon or boat teleporters to the overworld at all POT scene Entrances, including ones near the center of each town"

Unless there is a bug, or the above portion is worded incorrectly, I don't see any Wagon at any entrance. I will admit that it wouldn't make sense to have an "exit wagon" at an entrance, because that would be redundant. So, if you only meant that the center of a town would have a wagon or boat, then that is what should be stated. An exit at a center is a start, but far from what should be a final solution. There are many decent places within a template, that one could have their main settlement, but the current scheme still prevents the customization many of us are looking for. I understand you want to prevent some possibility of "griefing", but there are better ways to accomplish this. No need for me to continue on this path...... I just hope you are still open to improving what is currently offered.

5. Selene

Selene Avatar

I think in this case "entrance" means zone in point. on some maps the zone in point is not near an exit arch.

Budner likes this.
  6. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

Somehow there are no stairs or a ladder to reach the top story ?

7. DarkStarr

bug. Fixed in next patch

Kabalyero, Retlaw and Acred like this.
  8. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

I agree,global chat killed doing things in Warcraft. People just sitting in places talking all the time and doing nothing. IMHO, global chat should never be brought into SoTa.

KuBaTRiZeS, Kabalyero, Ronan and 2 others like this.
  9. Archer

Archer Avatar

Where, if any where, is this information stored in local configuration? As the DataLocation is used for saving CurrentPlayerData.xml and the chat logs, external apps (like MiniMapper) need to be able to find the base directory.

10. Infineon

Infineon Avatar

Hello to everyone,

I need to say a few words, and is about the XP that a few mage's (fire tipe) get when the Control point where bug and exploit that to get high level's... (in this pach that is fixed but, what happend with the xp get? they coud get so much xp to build 1 or 2 class with no problem.. plz tell me what is your opinion with this stuff)
    I say all this because i start has a Warrior (2 hand sword) and when i reach lvl 75 i had rly hard times with getting fast xp, control point where a solution but not fast has a mage, even if I try to hunt a "boss" i cant solo like fire mage... and that for me make me get bored; even the archers can kill a few boss with the slow and dots... so I leave the game for a few weaks...

I love this game, i am love this change's, but thers a few thins that will help the game alot...

1.- What is this about the multiplayer, solo mode? why dont you make opend world for ever Multiplayer including towns and cities... and the Hunt zone the chance to choose Multiplayer/Solo/Party.
    2.- World Chat (for chat/Sell/Buy)
    3.- Instance or dungeon's with a nice reward. (dont have to be Items, with xp, or other point that give you a chance for buy or get a few materials)

Well this is a small thread so for me that will be all.
    ty for your time.

Atte
    (Sorry for my english, but i am from the place that your president hate; Latino América / Chile).

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    Numa and Koldar like this.
  11. Viper_Venom

Viper_Venom Avatar

Seems like I have to buy every recipe now, other than the most basic. I don't have anyone to teach them to me. Before I knew I could create recipes without buying them, I had spent hours going to different towns just trying to find a vendor for the correct recipe. That just is not fun. Is there at least a way to know where I need to go to find a recipe? Is there a way to know if I have the skill to use the recipe in the first place?

Budner, Archer, Net and 1 other person like this.
  12. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Agreed. I just checked the latest updates and the recipe should be in now.

mass likes this.
  13. mass

mass Avatar

Big cities like Ardoris have a lot of recipe vendors, though it can take some hunting. I think if you hover over the recipe in the vendor window it will show the prof level in red if you don't have the prof for it.

14. BodyCount

BodyCount Avatar

• Stack Limits on Effects: Support was added to limit the number of effects on targets. Most effects like Firebolt, Fireball, Rend, and others will have a max of 3 concurrent effects. This means 3 per spell/skill; not total. So, a player could have 3 Rends and 3 Firebolt DOTs on a target at once. Repeat castings of spells will remove the oldest effect first.
    Yeah this is not happening, Flaming fist a target 3 times back to back to back and it is not triple ticking for dmg on the DOT... Same goes with Fireball, Ring of Fire!

If you are going to increase MOB hps by up to 4x. please allow the other changes which impact dmg to be implemented at the same time!

Also on a side note, Strength of Earth now makes you stand still when casting this buff. This needs to go back to being able to cast while on the move, just like all the other buffs. Not to even bring up the lowest buff timers in history of any MMO.

15. Guido DeVille

Guido DeVille Avatar

The "Ornate" Greenhouse 4-story row house on Hometown island looks cool, but I'd prefer one that has the same interior as the Stucco houses. The stonework!

I've never crafted a HOUSE. Are the recipes in-game? Does this fall under Carpentry? Is the recipe discoverable? I don't know where to begin. Sorry I'm an idiot.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  16. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

The craftable Greenhouse Row is Carpentry, minimum proficiency 75. I don't know if it's discoverable, though the price of the recipe is probably drop in the bucket when you consider the cost of the materials to make it.

Not at all. Everyone has questions!

Numa, Alexander and Guido DeVille like this.
  17. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

It wouldn't be redundant if you were in a nested POT and the exit gates went to the "main" town.

I'm sure that the way to get a recipe will get put into sotawiki as they are discovered.

Also, the +5 from an expert table may be enough to let you learn/use a recipe. I'm not sure how we can use that when teaching recipes, though... maybe the trade can be initiated with the recipient at a crafting table.

All carpentry, all I've seen so far are 70 proficiency (85 skill at an expert table, 98 skill at a regular table)

EDIT: Yep, the new house recipe is 75. And the recipe costs 750! Time to grind a few more carpentry skill points.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  18. mass

mass Avatar

Don't forget that a True Bronze engraved tool will also boost your proficiency. That + the table +5 table is huge boost.

Numa, Elwyn and Alexander like this.
  19. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Was there a Crown Specific item for this release? I'm just looking over this from my phone at he moment and not seeing it.

20. DarkStarr

No crown exclusives for this release

Lord Andernut likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.