Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

This release broke fun

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Phoenix2, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

I would suggest that folks having difficulty in the "zones they were most comfortable with before patch" need to get out and explore more areas to find a scene that more suits their old play style, assuming they don't want to adapt their build/tactics to the new changes in any way to stay viable. And I don't just mean going into green difficulty zones, but finding scenes where Mob placement/spawn/type suits their old play style better.

2. Phoenix2

Phoenix2 Avatar

WTF are you talking about. The zones we were fighting in DID already fit our play style. What you are really saying is: Change your play style now cause you are broke

3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

This game is Early Access and not yet released. There are many changes and there will be many more including the balancing. ;)
    You surely didn't think that what you were playing up to know was final? Even in terms of balancing? Tstststs ;)

4. Phoenix2

Phoenix2 Avatar

This is a poor excuse and a cop out. These types of drastic, over the top, changes are best suited for QA! That is EXACTLY what that environment is for. You go all nuts in there and then adjust the meters before the live server. That way the changes are more balanced and the tweaks are minor. You clearly have never done software development Tstststs

Couldin likes this.
  5. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I just wanted to use the same argument others use for other parts of the game, like quests, choices and consequences, single player offline etc. ;)

Sir Cabirus and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  6. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

It's amazing how long i need now to kill super light green "hardened sekeleton footmans" with Adv. Level 87.

Does it really bother me now? no, but it's just wrong regardless :p
    Something is way off there now :p

Kara Brae and moko like this.
  7. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

8. Phoenix2

Phoenix2 Avatar

Yah, they left off Mind Wipe in that list though!

Black Tortoise likes this.
  9. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

No, I was suggesting either explore different areas, OR change your play style... if you have already explored the entirety of Novia and found that no other scenes fit your old style, then I apologize for assuming you hadn't!

10. Kirran

Kirran Avatar

Most combat scenes should be centered around the single player experience, with scene difficulty balanced for a specific Adventurer level range. Has difficulty been ramped up to the point where the strength, hitpoints, quantity and Aggro range of Green Mobs are now overpowering to the Single player?

11. Vidgrip

Vidgrip Avatar

I'm still having fun. I have to hunt in zones one skull lower than before. Now I have to switch skills depending on the enemy type. Skeletons now laugh at my air magic, but I switch to my axe to win those fights. I'm enjoying that I have to think more tactically. My adventure xp pool is dropping, but I'm ok with that too. At some point we needed meaningful death penalties and skill decay. That day has dawned, it seems. I am sorry that others are no longer enjoying the game :-/

12. malakhi

malakhi Avatar

Did pets get a hp buff?

13. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

I changed my play style in other ways. If I don't have enough time to truly log in and recover from Max decay accumulation while I was sleeping, at work, or with family. I just play something else until I have more time available. Problem solved

14. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

I think the fact that they just "fixed" the cast time on spells and lowered the HP of the mobs in question might change your mind? Play more Toad, not less! :D

15. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

I am Adv lv 80, heavy armor user and mostly run 4 skull areas - except deep ravenswood, for the sake of efficiency (i can kill 8-10 mobs in 4 skull vs 3-4 in 5 skulls).
    5 skull should not be a walk in the park anyway...

People just got used to "exploit" the game and boost EXP to millions per hour and reach adv lv 100+ in a few weeks, which of course was never intended.
    And i hope difficulty continues to grow up and be "balanced" enough to fit either low and high level. No one should be able to burn through content as soon as the release go live.

Casters were the FOTM class since persistence, NOW they started to be in tune with what other classes are. I still expect more "balancing" changes in the future.

[edit] BTW, Casting high tiered, reagent consuming, powerfull spells while MOVING? Well, this still a huge advantage, i see..

16. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

It's a little better after the 1/3 hp rework. Still tougher around, but at least melee aren't as overpowering. I'd still like to see a dmg reduction on them, or maybe once they re balance leather and plate it might be more fun again.

17. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

I think the big problem here is the gap between 5 skulls areas and the harder content. There is nothing between “can solo this all night long“ and “yikes! dead.“ for a long time once the 5skulls become “farm status“.
    Doesn't really matter till loot becomes more meaningful though ;)
    (Still like the game btw. just a bit impatient atm :p)

18. Infineon

Infineon Avatar

Your no more mage/tank solo boss/control point tears are sooooo delicious, well come to the real world kid.

=)

Black Tortoise and Kevin2437 like this.
  19. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

I can barely tell the difference with the HP changes to be honest, but I'm 2H sword plate armor so....

But yeah, the Elysian Illumination effect makes the game borderline unplayable now.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  20. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

I actually didn't play before the 1/3 HP nerf so I can't comment on that but I'm glad to see that the devs were so responsive to player feedback. Having played today I think it's... ok? I guess?

I still hate getting caught by 3 hardened skeletal archers so not much has changed there ;)

Oh any fellow mages - I strongly endorse being a wand/shield user. You'll be reasonably tanky and still able to cast merrily away. I know dual wands or a staff would be more powerful but I like having the durability a shield offers me.

Kirran likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.