Just lost 200K

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gatsu., Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

R35 raffle... fired all my (and a my friend) money (all in 5K tickets) .. i was thinking that with 200K maybe i can win (at least) 1 row...

i'm just asking some feedback from others UN-WINNERS...

[EDIT] R36 RAFFLE UPDATE: JUST FIRED 65K (9+2 anywere) FOR NOTHING... NOW I'M WITH A -265.000 GP .. and i don't have any prize. NO WORDS (again)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  2. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

You're not the only one. I have spent that much since the first raffle and still have not won anything.

Gatsu. likes this.
  3. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

Ya raffles are a joke. I never invested much but never won anything either. I find the whole concept kinda bobo. Think this was my last raffle...

Nhili Dragon and Gatsu. like this.
  4. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

I feel better that I didn't buy any tickets now and saved my small pile of gold :)

5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Only bough six tickets here bahahaha! Don't spend so much, you only need one to win! ;) 3 new deeds to add to my collection :p

| Grave |, Engel and Sara Dreygon like this.
  6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

... i wont touch on this as you will just get angry ;) *rolls in his winnings*

7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

i didn't feel lucky two nights ago, so I didn't YOLO it. I guess I dodged the bad RNG bullet, eh?

8. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

"Poor man's tax" indeed. :)

Retro likes this.
  9. Twiggi Fizzlesticks

Twiggi Fizzlesticks Avatar

Well, if you just wanted a row lot, you could have bought a couple from vendors at that price

Fister Magee likes this.
  10. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

i friend won 1 city and 1 village with only 10 tickets.... you are so unlucky dude

11. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I'll be curious to see if R36 does anything worthwhile or not with the change that people can only win 1 instead of 12-70+

Leelu and licemeat like this.
  12. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

I'm not big on closed information, so I'll let you know what happened.

Please keep in mind, I started playing at the 93rd housing phase and don't have an advanced pledge... I'm really the common Joe trying to achieve the best in game. So I don't want the "Lords and Duke and 1% rich guys" blamed for this... I really don't think they matter-- anyone can achieve greatness in this game if they work at it and are creative about it.

The total tickets that I purchased for this lotto was 310 POTs at 5K each. They were purchased at different times as I earned the money, they were also purchased in different cities and in groups of roughly 10 as I came up with the funds to buy them.

More than half of the gp came from in-game play, the rest buying from some of the players that were selling. The amount invested was roughly in the area of a POT village home and house if I were to buy in the game store. Yes, I was working with more than one player so this wasn't solo.

Keep in mind, Chris published the statistics for the R33 Lotto, the numbers for R34 were relatively easy to predict if you spent any time watching new players roll in. The R35 lotto has a lot of variations and even my guesses were seriously off. Apparently, the number of tickets purchased for R35 were even higher than those purchased in R34.

The assumptions being made in this lotto were:

1) the recipes rush was going to be the biggest gold sink for lower to middle range players.
    2) the shorter span of time between raffles would lower the gold supply.
    3) the lower amount of housing would lower the interest.
    4) people would not realize the lotto wasn't being drawn at the end of the month.

It may be that because of these factors, people wanted to invest more. No idea.

I like the idea of limiting the lotto in the way it will be for R36. I haven't run the numbers yet but I'd really like to see the system done away with and replaced with some sort of merit based system. I'm not Portalarium, so they probably have thought it over already, but it does bum me out to hear about people who didn't get what they were expecting or hoping for.

Sincerely,

Engineer

Cordelayne, hroth, Numa and 5 others like this.
  13. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

gamblersanonymous.org

14. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I lied.
    I didnt realize new raffle was up hahah.
    I also lost couple hundred k :p

15. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Lol they adjusted for mext raffle so will be no more mass winners.
    congrats man. i did good on first 2 so no complaints here heh

16. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I made the mistake of buying tickets this time, 70K worth and didnt win jack.

17. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

got 2 village lot deeds... 1 POT and 1 PAD... break even I guess...

18. golruul

golruul Avatar

Wow am I ridiculously poor.

200k is more than I made for my whole career, and I'm level 50 now. I never had enough money to buy a single 10k ticket, ever. And not only did I never had enough to buy good items from other players, I also never did any enchanting/masterworking either, because I can't survive in the 5 skull areas to do it.

Wealth disparity is mind-boggling. Majority of my gold now is from the daily welfare check. I know that, as a casual player that just explores new areas and kills things there, I was behind, but reading threads like these really slam it home how far behind casual play is.

19. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

This is what really angers me, its people like you that should have the best shot at a free deed, not people like me who already have keep deeds.

20. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

You know... Portalarium started out as an online poker game platform. Gambling is,well,... bad, especially when the rules get changed from release to release. And it's funny ( as in peculiar ) that Port seems to implement these major ideas to solve problem X without thinking it through completely; they wait and see how it creates problem Y; and after the damage has been done, you get a major course correction which creates Problem Z in which there is a greater disparity between the haves and have-nots. No one person should have won more than one type of lot in the first place no matter how much gold was put back into the sink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.