Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

In praise of the developer

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Paladin Michael, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mass

mass Avatar

Does this mean it might be a good idea to do a fresh install on R37 or will the patcher clean up the excess for us?

Acred likes this.
  2. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

For this release things that have stood out so far and i not even scratched it really yet...

Look forward to seeing the new row house...not seen yet.
    Edit: This is a really fabulous house for sure...really, this is all most people need, lots room inside and well designed for some big rooms. The top floor greenhouse is massive...an exceptional house.

The automaton!! Looks great when opened and the music is kinda creepy and haunting...love it. It gets opened as soon as i get home and will forever

EDIT: Who changed my music of the Automaton?? ....i much preferred the other one :(

Mist on the over world map - looks great and makes it feel alive, more of this please.

PvP - I was always meaning of flagging, just was being lazy, and preferred building skills with less risk. But done now, had a few fights and not died, and got final blow in on one...No ransoms somehow though :( Wont go back to normal or unflag for convenience now...here to stay.....so long as it doesn't turn into too many Pink Panther scenarios..

Combat - Its FUN!!!! It really is...and now some balance is coming in making one type build not the dominating one, especially with ward gems it helps everyone..
    The most important part of this type of game for me at least is the combat, everything else is of course important but the combat makes or breaks a game. The combat here with the dynamic deck system is superb. I know many didn't like to begin with, i was on that side of the fence as well, but its quite possibly the best method for this type game i ever played. NO ONE here runs with the same deck as someone else, people might have ie: flame fist, but they don't have the same amount of cards in the same order and at the same skill level......Best part of the game for me

I am not keen on the XP allocation system, i do it and enjoy it actually, but would prefer more normal skill allocation, but really that's my only gripe with the whole game/world

Devs do great on each months or weeks even releases, keep it up, it is appreciated, even if we sometimes are a little to vocal on what we don't like, I wouldn't be here putting time into if i didn't enjoy, overall grade A+.....

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    Acred, Lord Ravnos and Fister Magee like this.
  3. moko

moko Avatar

While playing yesterday I noticed no more stutter, hooray, I might be able to play in multiplayer more now :) Performance seems to have gotten a huge boost! I am happy the huge HP boost to melee mobs got dialed back already a bit - I found combat with those to be unnecessarily tenacious and unrewarding yesterday. When I visited Soltown and Ardoris yesterday I loved the mist on the overworld map. All the scenes that have gotten uncloned so far are lovely and I am excited for more uncloned maps :)

Acred likes this.
  4. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

It was enough for me to make the decision to step back in and test it again! Been gone awhile, excited to see experience the changes and leveling from 0 to..

Acred, Fister Magee and moko like this.
  5. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I'm loving the mist! Adds a really nice ambience to the map!

Acred, Pikegirl, Fister Magee and 2 others like this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I love the new music box sound to the Automaton. When I heard it in QA a song was playing that was not distinct to sound of regular music in Sota, it was not like a music box type of item would sound. It did get changed before R36 was released for all and I am definitely liking the change :)

Acred, By Tor and DancingShade like this.
  7. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

More things to praise the devs on this release: I saw what looked like dolphins (or maybe sharks?) swimming around under the water in Malice. Awesome! Great touch! It's things like that which really bring the world alive and make it even more immersive. :)

Acred, majoria70 and DancingShade like this.
  8. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

Regular updates with a clear purpose that are often adjusted with detailed explanations and otherwise tuned are why I really like the open development of SotA. :)

Acred, majoria70 and By Tor like this.
  9. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

The Overland graphics is so much more improved and immersive!

Kudos to the devs.

10. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Agree with the OP, mostly.

Keep up with the good work !

Acred and DancingShade like this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also I just have to say I love the patrol setting on pets and servants. Henry my servant wanders outside and walks all the way around the yard before coming back in the house. I placed my dog Rover outside and when the door is opened he comes inside and does a friendly hello bark and dog sounds to me before he goes back outside. I think it is adorable.

Acred, Lord Ravnos, By Tor and 2 others like this.
  12. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

The devs are praiseworthy. amazing. I just need to find more time to play sota. Although it seems like it is going to be even better after the next few months of tweeks. so when I do play I can see they only make it better and better. after all these years I can say that I praise the devs because they are wonderful people. (Although my predictive text suggested the word sinners instead of wonderful, which I have to sort out since I don't use that term... very strange)

13. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Best release again! I keep saying this every release! This is great though! Loving the resistances, and the graphic polish.. the fog on the overworld adds a lot to the feel of the game. Stacking works and nothing has felt so good to see that happen. The little things too.. are so nice! The new way of getting in and out of chairs is nice, and no more pushing around furniture to make sure you don't get stuck! It's the little things!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    Acred, DancingShade and By Tor like this.
  14. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I just appreciate that they will be doing more performance tweaks in R37! Yay for that, too!

My only gripe is that I feel from R35 to R36 my performance has slowed down a bit. Also, it looks like there were some graphical changes, as my "C"haracter window avatar looks a lot lighter - playing with brightness/saturation has not done anything significant. It almost looks to me as if the graphics regressed a bit. :(

Kudos for R36.

Acred and DancingShade like this.
  15. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

As I made the first steps in the new release I thought: nice fog around. And this really - real looking - blue sky! And watching the furniture: Very nice. And I thought: maybe I never noticed this before - but the posts in this Thread made me sure: they were not :) As Fister Magee said: the little things make the difference. They explain the love of a creative designer to her/his "baby" :)

16. Gadfrey Zukes

Gadfrey Zukes Avatar

East perennial coast scene has some nice new story touches everywhere and...pigs! are those new? I haven't been in this scene for awhile.

+1 from me too

17. moko

moko Avatar

I took another look at the mob HP changes today after being very fed up with the initial state right after r36. After the dialing back now it now feels perfect, the fighter mobs are a bit tougher but I actually like that, it seems appropriate. The time a combat takes feel proper again and not tedious anymore, combat is fun again, yay.

Acred, DancingShade and By Tor like this.
  18. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Agreed! glad the devs listened,as usual,and dialed things back. combat is good again!

Acred, Discontinued 01, moko and 2 others like this.
  19. uhop

uhop Avatar

I've noticed that when avatar swims now there is a nice wake after them. I asked for it, I got it. Thanks!

PS: Just nitpicking: the wake looks like a foam of sort, and it would be nice to have a 3D wave going on, but I guess not everything we want can be done with the graphics engine.

20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I'm noticing so many sounds fixes all over the place. They make such a difference to enjoying the game. Thank you so much for sound updates. Also animations galore and I'm really enjoying our emote animations and combat animations that are slowing getting added in and updated and the the sound of walking on different surfaces is heaven.

Well I could go on and on.

Oops guess there is more:

I love the rain and lightening and thunder and umbrella. And when sheet music came in that was another true heaven. Sharing this gift with others has been amazing.

Sending many Thanks to the development team for all the fixes, changes, and additions, and for their many 'patiences' with our frustration sometimes, and also for still listening and still helping us when sometimes we say pissy comments ;)

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.