Wishing I Could Complain - patcher

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaanelle DeJure, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benjamint

benjamint Avatar

I have had the same problem the last two releases...my only two releases since I'm new. I stopped and restarted last release. It warned me not to last time, but I did anyway. It finished the patch, then told me files were missing. I closed down and restarted...it reloaded the entire game...patch 0 to 497 or whatever it was. But it went faster reloading the entire game. Same slow speeds this time so I tried to do what I did last time (several times). No warning. No speed up. Just taking forever. It started in the MB speeds but then always reverted to low kbs by the time I hit step 5/6. I clicked launch game when it still appeared to be uploading and it let me in. No idea if it "finished". No idea what I messed up. My friend goes through Steam. He said it took 15 minutes. My process was probably 24 hours...

2. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Jaanelle DeJure likes this.
  3. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

For the latest patch, I tried restarting the launcher... after a couple of tries I also deselected the P2P option and then it got up to 2.35 Mb/s after that. Could be a coincidence though..

4. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

Wow. I normally have 3.6 MB/s (MB not Mb) download for patches. Patch 511 is only doing a maximum of 200 KB/s right now.

5. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

R36 took many hours for me to get (not Steam) and yesterday's patch (509 to 510) that I started at 10:30 pm when I logged in to play was still not finished when I gave up and went to bed at 2:00am (I had to work today). I'm on Google Fiber, so it's not my internet speed. I estimate the 510 patch took about 3 hours or so, but after reading other's experience, I guess I was fortunate.

6. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

I guess I'm lucky after all. Mine still downloads in a matter of minutes even with the 200KB rate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.