Weight Reducing Quiver

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Graynight, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graynight

Graynight Avatar

Request - A quiver that can be equipped as offhand for an archer (or the belt slot), that would reduce the total weight of arrows.

Right now, a single arrow weighs .1 While this does not seem like a lot, I find myself carrying around 5000 arrows to go through dungeons Weight = 250), and have a melee party member carry another 5k for when I run out. When I'm out and about, I carry the mats needed to make arrows, as they weigh far less. I just stop in at any town and use a carpentry station to replenish.

The combined weight of the arrows is a burden for an archer, in that they have to balance arrow count against everything else in the inventory. However, if we could have a quiver that reduced the weight of the arrows, it would allow an archer to carry more total inventory.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

An enchanted reagent pouch to make them weigh less would also be great. I frequently am the one carrying arrows for our archers so I feel your pain. Makes the game a lot harder when you have to carry someone else's weapons for them. I guess we should start having the warriors carry stuff they have the strength and lack of required supplies to play.

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Small side note: there are quivers in game, although only as loot in scenes. These quivers weigh 1 but are unpacked to 5-10 arrows. So one can keep some spares in the bottom of the pack.

So my request would be to make such quivers available through crafting with XX arrows and some leather straps to create a bundle with less weight.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

sorry but 5000 of anything is just to much to be allowed without restrictions. But a quiver could be used to other things like enhancing arrows - A certain quiver give fire bonus, water . . . sldo other things . but simple weight reuction is not something I would ask for.

5. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

I carry 5000 arrows when i go out farming as well. the weight issue is incredibly painful I too have a guild mate carry more arrows for me as well. THIS IS AN ISSUE IN THE GAME. if the quiver reduced the weight by 1/2 then it would be feasible. Now when we go out we have to decide do I play for 10 mins and come home to drop off loot or do I play for 30 mins and take no loot from the scene.

6. Graynight

Graynight Avatar

I agree that 5000 to a quiver seems like a large amount. But even a quiver that holds a max of 500 would be fine, assuming you could carry multiples in your inventory, and it lessened the weight.

@Spoon - I don't know the actual weight of arrows. A single arrow shows as .1, but 1000 arrows shows as weight 50. Unfortunately, the weight of those quivers would be more than the arrows themselves. At 5-10 per quiver, at minimum I would need to carry 500 quivers to match what I carry now.... approx weight 500. But your idea of craftable quivers is sound.

The crafting of arrows creates a bundle of 500. Maybe a craftable (One time use) quiver that holds 1000 arrows, but weighs a fraction of what 1000 arrows in your inventory would? They have an arrow counter on them, when it gets to zero, the quiver is consumed (like reagents).

I'd prefer something reusable, but I also understand the need for balancing within the game, and would be quite happy with a consumable. After all, arrows are consumables already.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Spoon like this.
  7. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

40% ammo reduction use at GM ammo scavenger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.