1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

Pepsy's Crafting Resources Pricing Guideline*Updated 10/23*

Discussion in 'Vendor Locations & Misc Services' started by Pepsy, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saladid

Saladid Avatar

Love this i keep this bookmarked and constantly look!

Pepsy likes this.
  2. Pepsy

Pepsy Avatar

Thanks a bunch!

Sunday Bump!
    Hey everyone! Hope you had a good week. Looking at the prices we see a lot of red. I attribute this to a large influx of gold into the economy. We saw the price of gold pieces fall from roughly
    1400 gp = 1$ to 2100 gp = 1$ Not sure what to attribute this to exactly, but we could be seeing a lack of participation in the raffle which would make sense.

Pepsy's Market Advice:
    Be Careful about investing too much into the raffle, we may see a rapid buying of tickets towards the end, at this point if you are looking for a house it might be easier to simply purchase one for gold. With coto merchants seeing new items in r35 watch for a massive increase in coto prices as the game begins to create a way for investor to use coto's.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    Sator Faryn, moko, K1000 and 3 others like this.
  3. Numa

Numa Avatar

Thank you for this authorative resource. I've always wondered how overpriced or underpriced good were on the west side of Novia - now i know.

Pepsy likes this.
  4. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

Hope this keeps updated, thank you , very good Idea :)

Pepsy likes this.
  5. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

20% of the economy was just deleted, so prices should be soaring? Maybe an update at the end of Monday will be better reflecting the reality of all those Hackers Exploiters who literally owned 20% of the entire economy, that is all gone now.

Pepsy likes this.
  6. Pepsy

Pepsy Avatar

I agree with you, a person would think that these players being banned would help the situation, although the announcement was on friday and I updated this sunday, it doesn't appear to have affected anything yet. I will keep an eye on everything, and if anything shifts too drastically I will update the post.

A few things I think are worth considering.

The players banned were obviously not banned immediately and were monitored, so were all of the transactions these people did erased? What about people who earned money through legit means and bought goods from the ill gotten gain merchants?

It takes some time for a market to reflect supply and demand changes, not so much when the price falls, but it is drastically harder to make people pay more for something they have just recently got for half the price.

I am a resource seller so no one wants the prices of these goods to go up more than me. I enjoy providing people with the things they need, and it is hard for me to continue to do that when it requires so much time for little compensation. In saying that, I do this guide as an objective view of the market regardless of how I feel about it. I can typically relax because the market does not fluctuate too much, with the recent developments I will keep a closer eye on the market for everyone, look for a wednesday update.

K1000 likes this.
  7. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

I don't understand how suet's price can be 166g I think it's undervalued.

valor likes this.
  8. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

COTO's 1900 +600
    Gold 39 +10

Updated 11/9/2016

Sator Faryn likes this.
  9. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Agreed. I've been out farming suet and waiting for the market

10. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Compared to carapaces, suets are easier to farm in maps like DRW. Lots of wolf spots out there and the rate is better than carapaces from plants.

Glantor Edge and moko like this.
  11. Metalocalypze

Metalocalypze Avatar

Keep up the hard work there Pepsy. Very helpful post for everyone. Thumbs up

Numa and Glantor Edge like this.
  12. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

What happened to Pepsy?

Hazard and Beard like this.
  13. fizual

fizual Avatar

maybe he got banned

14. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Anyone want to re discover this idea and make a new thread? I wish there was a way several members could be assigned to edit one thread. That would be so neat

15. Pepsy

Pepsy Avatar

Sorry guys didn't get banned, having some health issues, hope to be back soon.

16. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

*casts heal*

Numa likes this.
  17. Numa

Numa Avatar

Take as much time as you need and rest.

18. Glantor Edge

Glantor Edge Avatar

Get well soon Pepsy! Your list has become the de facto standard we all rely on!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.