Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Chaos bolt effects are not stacking

Discussion in 'Release 36 Bug Forum' started by Ralik, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralik

Ralik Avatar

1. Title:Chaos bolt effects are not stacking
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? no
    4. Details: The effects (buffs and debuffs) of chaos bolt are not stacking
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Use chaos bolt

Crowquills likes this.
  2. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

@Ralik, I am not sure if this is a bug or working as intended. I was under the impression that Chaos Bolt only ever applied one random effect listed in the tooltip, not every one at the same time. If the skill has changed significantly from a previous release please reply here and let me know how it used to work. @Amber Raine, advise me, Priestess, the path of Chaos is unknown to me!

3. Ralik

Ralik Avatar

@margaritte i am not sure too. But r36 annouced that "Most effects like Firebolt, Fireball, Rend, and others will have a max of 3 concurrent effects. This means 3 per spell/skill; not total. So, a player could have 3 Rends and 3 Firebolt DOTs on a target at once". This will not include chaos magic? It does not make any sense DOT fire damage from chaos bolt canceled after other chaos bolt.... Please, let me know if its intentional.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  4. Ralik

Ralik Avatar

5. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Well, that means that a group of players can no longer pepper a single target with a ton of DOTs, but it has nothing to do with chaos bolt, sorry to say. I have asked around and the spell is only meant to do ONE random effect from the list of possible ones Or are you saying that the effects from multiple chaos bolts are overwriting each other? I am not sure what exactly you are reporting, haha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.