Town quick transport system

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Net, Nov 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

The beauty of it is since you own the town and say you had a sale goin on at a vendor in the North East Corner, you cold ste it up so player who want ot get to the sale can go their directly. ANd then remove it. The town we have has an entrance a long walk in and during the Dance Party everyone just ran, only a few even bothered to take a look, until they got to the center of town.

But as presented use if you want and not if you do not. As long as it does not go the way of the Keep Wall Fiascoes and remain an potion it is a great idea.

Elwyn and Net like this.
  2. Net

Net Avatar

Well it would help but marking the event lot on compass would be better. I still would like actual maps with marked locations and all.

The issue with many POTs is that the same type of lot is owned by the same person at different place so the Town Crier is not much of help.

There is still issue of long travel times, that is when quick transport comes in handy.

Dirk Hammerstrike likes this.
  3. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Assuming you have a dynamic town could you not just use decorations like something laying on the ground like say books in an arrow shape with a labeled vendor/sign at the start as a director. I know the town decorations are fairly limited but you can do something to direct the traffic inside as the governor. As for connections, I believe Governors can request connections to other POTs if enough of them connect to each other it could be a type or transport system. I'm planning to work on such a connection exchange once I get a POT transfer completed.

4. Net

Net Avatar

I think more than one arrow is needed in some cases. Also my favourite arrows are made from those slim long breads which cannot be placed in POTs. There is some deco that works, but the item limits and usable decorations are rather limited and do not look that good anyway.

5. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

This is a creativity test. Design and build signage with a coil of rope, glue, and a old shoe ;)

Duke Avery likes this.
  6. Makaryus Drach

Makaryus Drach Avatar

I think we just need mounts. I like having to brave the last leg of a journey toward civilization. It'll be more immersive on horseback with the sound of a gallop.

7. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

As much work as I've put into my town I understand 100% where you are coming from with these points, but showing off the town is still very possible in this case because we control the spawn point for the town, we can control the flow of traffic with deco and also now with signage. The appeal of the teleporter is not for fast travel within a scene, but rather to eliminate long tedious runs between decorated areas of a single scene.

If there was an acceptable alternative for my personal interest in this teleporter device, it would require tripling or quadrupling the number of exterior objects placable in my PoT so I could build roads and POIs all the way to the south side of the scene. That is not currently possible in an active metropolis design.

-Grave

Frederick Glasgow and Net like this.
  8. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

I was pretty shocked at how limited objects placed in a metro is,I can't even imagine how smaller towns do much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.