Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

PvP flagging XP boost is messing up PvE healing

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Scanphor, Nov 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

I wonder what you guys fear about the harmless pvp-flag. It's no great deal to kill someone as well as getting beaten. It doesn't hurt you, you dont lose much and in the end it can be pure fun.

2. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

It's not about 'fear' its about not enjoying PvP in games like this. This game was sold on the premise of PvP being optional, otherwise I would never have started playing. The effect of this xp boost is to change that for healers who want to be able to fully take part in non-PvP play.

For PvP'ers who say 'come on its fun' - lets turn it around - I know many PvP players hate crafting. How would they respond if it was made necessary to go spend an hour crafting before you could PvP ? What you scared of ? Crafting is fun honest....

Phenyx2 likes this.
  3. Numa

Numa Avatar

I think we have very different definitions of fun. No big deal since SOTA accommodates many types of entertainment. C'est la vie.

Scanphor likes this.
  4. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

I don't craft. Period. But in no way do I complain about people crafting. Nor would it bother me if crafters got a 25% XP boost for crafting. It would not make me jealous or envious if they got some sort of XP boost... especially if no one was crafting and there was a temporary testing done by offering crafters a reward of 25% xp to see if it would improve crafting and spark interest in crafting.

So turn it around all you want. A 25% xp incentive to spark interest and improve a part of the game done temporarily would no way make me complain about it.

And here is the thing. If PvP isn't fixed, I am gone. I've spent around $10,000 on this game and even that amount wont keep me here if PvP isn't fixed. You know why? Because I wont find it fun. It is that simple.

That being said, the 25% XP doesnt come close to fixing PvP. Dangling a carrot to do homework doesn't make homework fun.

Numa likes this.
  5. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

I get the feeling you kind of missed the point of my example :) A more apt analogy to the one you gave would be "consider if there was a 25% PvP damage boost in exchange for doing a bunch of crafting each day"........ Because that makes as much sense as the situation we have now with the PvE XP boost for PvP flagging.

But we can agree on this part of your post 100%. Its not fixing any issues that exist in PvP and is making my playstyle impossible. As a result I will also be gone if this ins't fixed. I hope we all get to play the game as we want to once the devs sort this out and I sincerely hope they get your playstyle sorted too.

Nox Haven and Numa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.