Voting Poll for Crafting Feedback as of R35 (not R36) for curiosity the DISLIKES

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lace, Nov 15, 2016.

?

What things in the current crafting system R35 only (not R36 ) do you dislike/like?

1. Cost of Fuel

16.7%
  2. Cost of Recipes

17.9%
  3. Ability to Find Recipes

14.1%
  4. Inability to refine more than 20 items at a time---not making armor etc no exceptional that way

53.8%
  5. Loss of items during Enchanting/Masterworking

37.2%
  6. Lack of recipes for objects in the game world (mostly carpentry related)

41.0%
  7. Crafting Book hard to read when not on a workstation

33.3%
  8. Length of time to refine/create

24.4%
  9. Lack of a good tutorial system

12.8%
  10. I am fine with how the system is 50% of the time or more

37.2%
  11. I am fine with how the system is 49% or less of the time

11.5%
  12. Exceptional Quality success is not level based enough and no room for growth

39.7%
  13. Mining is the only reliable way to gain producer XP

32.1%
  14. Too many sub components required in final product creation

12.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

AoE wolf skinning with zero meticulous is the best crafting xp/hr plus you get adventuring xp and some excitement lol.

+All the speed buffs you can get.

It is rough to mine for a week and then have a few clicks and pray

I blew up 2 weeks of mats +22k last night for 2 upgrades. Although if it was less rare, I would likely be done with that portion of the game.

Oh, and even at 2mill pooled xp, I only get 3-5 skill levels in my 70s/low 80s

Will take me 4ever to GM

Lace and 2112Starman like this.
  2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Ya, like Snazz above, I tend to blow up 2 weeks of mat farming and then of thousands of gold to get one piece of good gear.

Even if I get lucky and make a +10 items, since the stats are random, I end up with a piece of chain mail with +focus and +int when I need +str which make sit utterly useless unless you are for some reason a mage that wears chain (which actually sounds impossible now with the changes in R36). Why cant we enchant the stats that we actually want???

Lace likes this.
  3. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

When I get iffy stats, I tend to try the very risky 3rd roll.

Enchanting is best for stats and has some amazingly good procs on gemmed chests.

So I have focused on that as my primary (L86 atm)

Second MW roll is dicy for all but my main Carpentry. The player guide states that T2 MW adds to success % chance for that subtype, but that is currently false.

Actually got a +13 Pine wand of Gaism with spell dmg, crit dmg, extra 5% focus, +15% Obsidian Arrow str mod +4int last night. So definitely a creation to be proud of :)

4. Lace

Lace Avatar

There is a skill to help reduce your fizzle chance, its not a huge help but does help some for the chain which isnt that bad on fizzle and for plate folks. Just a thought to maybe help ya out if ya wanna wear chain at some time LOL.

5. Lace

Lace Avatar

yeah I have only one T2 MW high and that is I think my cloth or leather and I can say I am not sure my second enchant percentage shows as higher than it did off the main MW 2ndtry rate. We should bug this!

6. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Focus passive as well plus dual wands drops it a huge amt.

-11% fizzle currently with chain chest and Carapacian remainder.

Although chain mods are for weapon dmg so geared to hybrids

7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Yes, I have 60 in the skill now. With chain already, skill trees like air are not feasible. For example, I cast the air dex spell all the time on myself and if Im walking, it has a 60ish% chance of success and a 90ish% chance if standing still. It looks like the R36 changes will drop that a good 5% more.

Lace likes this.
  8. Lace

Lace Avatar

Remember crafters the more of you that voice an opinion the more we can present a 'possible' case to portalarium for change, the numbers right now are too small a sampling. Folks say well only the whales have sway (which i say is not true at all imho) but take this time to speak up as a community.

Laurana likes this.
  9. toromulchmaster

toromulchmaster Avatar

The thing I dislike the most is finding resources. At times when you go into an area the nodes have nothing to mines like gems or to harvest like trees already down. Where do the vendors get coal from to sell? Why can we not find coal deposits? If it is sold should we not also be able to find it in the game someplace?

10. Lace

Lace Avatar

There are a 'couple coal nodes in the entire world and I mean it is less than the number of fingers on one hand. They have said they don't want folks being able to really sell that (or use it in a meaningful way it seems lol)

The mines even when you are in multi player go to a single player instance currently so you should be okay on those, but yes in popular zones you may have several folks harvesting the area at the same time. Currently if you go to single player online or friends only, you can harvest that area and will not find 'trees down'. However that may be changing as mentioned in the telethon.

Hope that helps.

11. mass

mass Avatar

I'm not sure that is accurate. I often go into an SPO scene with some percentage of resources having already been harvested. They do come back after a while though.

12. Lace

Lace Avatar

If you were in there, go to town sell your stuff then go back to same scene they may appear down from you having downed them if the scene has not fully reset, but it was from you doing it not another player.

If you are in multi and switch to single in same scene this will occur at times. But if you start a fresh SPO you are good to go.
    Hope that helps

13. mass

mass Avatar

You misunderstood...I'm disagreeing with you :) (obviously, your experience tells you differently than mine). In my experience, I login fresh to SPO for the first time of the day, enter any of the scenes with maple or pine trees, and some of them will be stumps. I've never entered an SPO scene with all resources fully populated upon entry.

14. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

It happens when a scene hasn't reset yet, this is true, but it also happens because newly spawned scenes are programmed to have some of their resources appear harvested. It was a change made a couple releases ago.

Fister Magee likes this.
  15. Lace

Lace Avatar

I guess I am lucky I never see downed trees in SPO when I go in hheheheh laughs with her trusty axe in hand.

mass and Fister Magee like this.
  16. toromulchmaster

toromulchmaster Avatar

It would be nice also if there was a bulk order deed system like in UO so when you craft you can also make some additional money.

17. Laurana

Laurana Avatar

I think the issue here is the definition of downed tree. I think she's referring to trees laying on the ground after someone else harvests and you are talking about trees that haven't spawned in yet. Trees that haven't spawned in yet are in all scenes but as far as I've seen the ones laying on the ground only happen in multiplayer .

18. mass

mass Avatar

Correct, I'm referring to the latter, not simply the visual aspect of a fallen tree, but stumps that would result from being harvested (or unspawned).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.