Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Balance Chain Lightning.

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by MrBlight, Nov 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Estroma Tólito

Estroma Tólito Avatar

By building a dynamic deck, that way the cool down does not apply.

Jordizzle likes this.
  2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I already belittled that comment to death ;) .
    And im glad as some people had some constructive posts.
    Tested today. Andar is right. that 20%cc now seems to kick on from chain lightning. It simply was not when i made this post.
    That change alone is massive, and was where i think a lot of mis communicatiom between CL being fine and it being unbalanced was coming from.
    Other good points have been brought up aswell.

3. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

You didn't post a constructive message regarding chain lightning or PVP. By your own admission you posted in anger a whine about losing in PVP and demanded a nerf.

4. Phoenix2

Phoenix2 Avatar

^ THIS. I don't really have anything additional to add here.

5. Numa

Numa Avatar

My favorite small shield is the buckler on the addon store. Not only is the fizzle rate low, the shield emits a bright light which is a godsend when you're fighting in the dark.

[​IMG]

Beli likes this.
  6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

And then i proceeded to backup my points with simple testing, and asking for a counter argument that was productive and had backing to it? And you got hungup on the fact that i brought it up from PvP.
    I even posted the solution of whats been changed so far, and how that greatly fixes my issue with it.

Once agian. Read or dont reply to me.

Then dont, as you didnt read anything following obviously.

CC looks like it has been fixed, so you get a 20% resistance after first hit, which wasnt working when posted. Thats massive.
    The resistance in Air doesnt actually effect the stun chance or duration, which i still think is BS.
    The LOS of chain lightning is quite obviously broken, as proven by the numerous examples.
    While there is SOME counters to it, 90% of it is for tanks. There isnt a whole lot of options for archers to counter in any real way. Have to rely on hitting them first and not letting them get a cast off. Or switching to heavy armor. - Otherwise the solution sadly is, yes ganking the mage before he can cast.
    The reason i got so angry at begining, was that a duel wielder, and a rapid fireing mage, still wasnt enough to interrupt a CL cast. ( This could have been situational, but still redicoulous )
    Smellling salts dont seem to work on the stun.
    Even the ability to perma stun and kill mobs, seems wonky and unbalanced.
    Being able to take it to 40, and shut down (id guess) 25-30% of most builds, was also pretty hilariously offset.

As explained by .. numerous posts.
    The build pretty efficiently shuts down a solid 35-40% of other builds, with options being to stun them first, or kill them before they see you. ( Good way to promote.. non ganking right? )
    This is adjusted a little bit better with the 20% Cc now seeming to work from chain lighting. Which it wasnt. Something that makes a massive difference in the balance part, and fixes most of my issue with it.
    Do i still think the skill needs to be adjusted? Like maybe resistance effecting the stun chance? Obviously. Why wouldnt it?

Your argument that its ONLY purpose is to stun, is like arguing * My aimed shots ONLY point is to do dmg. * So by tanks armor reducing the dmg on it, you might as well remove it from the game. - Doesnt really make sense. My air resistance's only purpose, is to reduce air magics effectiveness. It should do that no?

Once again. Post productive comments, and ill respect them. There is people who made very good solid counter arguments which i ended up actually agreeing with.
    The one thing i havnt effectivly tested against CL yet is avoid chance effecting it. Which again, was an excellent counter argument as its definitly an option for light armor wearers.
    And i cant seem to see ANY effect of resistance effecting the stun or the duration of it. But maybe im missing something.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    uhop likes this.
  7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Archer, shield doesnt work =(
    Yea heavy armor has the options which ive been seriously considering. Was hoping going hard air resistance would help, but it doesnt. Experimenting with avoidance being through the roof, and with the CC buff being adjusted to help agianst CL to prevent spamming.

Trip / Knockdown is a very good example of another very good and dominent spam. That ones at little.. less bad though for the sheer reason of the range difference. But i definitly agree.

uhop likes this.
  8. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

You may have misunderstood how the stuns work in the air tree.

Every time someone casts Chain Lightning or Lightning or Discharge they have a "chance" to stun. The stun isnt always there. Now IF the stun procs on the spell, THEN you get the stun and roll to see if you resist. THEN you get the +20cc buff, wether you resist or not. If the stun doesnt proc, there is no CC involved.

Im under the impression that this is how it works.

MrBlight likes this.
  9. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Should be written as after first stun, not hit. *

When testing before ( and again i didnt go as in depth as i would have liked ) I found that the stun % was pretty much dead on regardless of my resistance ( just by adjusting armor/jewlary resist) .. So i got impression the resistance wasnt effecting the stun % at all ( or i wouldnt be pretty much identical to the spells predicted stun % ( that or the resistance is very very miniscal. ) Altho it was very obivously effecting the DMG ( letting me think the first point )
    And as for that CC buff that gets triggerd, it wasnt flicking on after stunning originally (was my problem). Altho now it seems to after every stun. But i havnt actually ran the numbers agian to see if when it DOES trigger, it is effecting the overall stun chance, altho i suspect it might be the same as the resistances. Meaning it might not actually effect the stun chance at all.

Although i hope im wrong, as then the change of the CC now kicking in, is massive, and solves a lot of my problem with it initially.

uhop likes this.
  10. Numa

Numa Avatar

I'd like to add that as observed by Weins (who was on the receiving end ) the chains lightning/endless stun trick was also being used by rez killers. If it's imbalanced it has to be fixed - an exploit is an exploit whether it's in good or bad hands.

MrBlight and uhop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.