The Open PvP XP Experiment has failed

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by null2, Dec 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Ya, its what has happened in the past, not whats happening now. But hey, cant change the final wipe decision now. :p Just wish there were people screaming at the top of their lungs when they were talking about going persistent....

Edit: Well maybe some stuff still happening, but you guys get the point.

Net, Adam Crow and E n v y like this.
  2. parallelogram

parallelogram Avatar

I don't understand. Why would we use this bug? I would find it amazingly fun to have people attacking me while defending a control point. We are a PVP guild, we want to be attacked while mindlessly pressing buttons at a control point.

Net, Jackdepirate and Jobe like this.
  3. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Lol. Im just a troll.... I agree, why not PvP, its more fun.

You have to admit the OWL in a diaper is uber funny.

4. Krytian

Krytian Avatar

I'm curious as to what the actually exploit is. From my understanding, and i could be wrong, but the instance lock is a result of limitations with the engine used for the game. There is a hard limit set by the game as to how many players can be in an instance. That's true for all instances from my understanding. Moreover, many mmo's (especially smaller ones just starting) have this limit to ensure that no game breaking effects occur. If they do set up one single instance i would be curious as to how they would ensure that lag issues and crash issues don't make the game unplayable in those instances. While watching the wars break out between pvp groups would be amusing ( i don't pvp generally so i'm just a amused bystander), i would be far less amused watching it at 10 fps>>

Kabalyero likes this.
  5. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

No, that's not what he said. It's been stated it will be fixed in R37. Closing thread because it's been stated as such.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.