[POLL] Just Curious If People finished their Ultima Games and UO.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RobotBeginner, Dec 5, 2016.

?

Pick one from the following Options!!

1. I have finished all the Ultima Games and UO without Walkthrough.

14 vote(s)
    15.9%
  2. I have finished some of the Ultima Games and UO without Walkthrough only.

27 vote(s)
    30.7%
  3. I have finished all the Ultima Games and UO with the assistance of Walkthrough.

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  4. I have finished some of the Ultima Games and UO with the assistance of Walkthrough only.

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. I have finished all the Ultima Games and UO both with or without Walkthrough.

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  6. I have finished some of the Ultima Games and UO both with or without Walkthrough

11 vote(s)
    12.5%
  7. I have never finished any Ultima Games and UO.

11 vote(s)
    12.5%
  8. I have never played Ultima Games and UO before.

8 vote(s)
    9.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobotBeginner

RobotBeginner Avatar

Just Curious to see how many people have finished Ultima Games and UO. :)
    Actually, I don't know if there was such a Poll before.:D

NOTE : The Option "I have never finished any Ultima Games and UO." means you have played the games but never finished them. And I have just Added a new Option for not having played any Ultima Games and UO before.

Also Just Assume "some of the Ultima Games and UO" the same as playing some of the Ultima I, Ultima II, Ultima III, Ultima IV, Ultima V, Ultima VI, Ultima VII, Ultima VIII, Ultima IX and UO as a whole.

Note: The Vote Options' Text cannot be modified.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    iansmellios likes this.
  2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

There was a way to finish UO ^^?

3. RobotBeginner

RobotBeginner Avatar

OK. Just ignore the text "UO" from the Options above. :D

4. iansmellios

iansmellios Avatar

Surprisingly I have never played any Ultima games. I have only played the 15-day trial that UO used to have, then found free servers...nothing against anyone or company at the time, I was just too young to want to pay for something like that :p

Snikorts and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  5. dp_dropout

dp_dropout Avatar

I finished all 4 U7 games multiple times and played UO for 4 years. Best times I ever had in a computer game.
    Also played the Savage Empire and U4, U6 and U9 but never finished them.

Snikorts and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  6. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I completed every Ultima single player game but did play UO just for the trial period.

7. Graynight

Graynight Avatar

Originally started the Ultima games on Nintendo, got very annoyed with the Skull of Mondain, mass produced Bobbits for gold... Once I got old enough to afford things, I went back and started playing the rest of the series on computer. Played UO, Second Age, left for a while, came back and played on a Free Shard, then ran one for a while.

8. RobotBeginner

RobotBeginner Avatar

I completed Ultima 4, Ultima 5 and Ultima 9 with the assistance of Walkthroughs. At the time when I played Ultima Games, it was too difficult for me to finished the games by myself only. Actually, I see the ones who can finish playing Ultima Games without the assistance of Walkthrough as Super Beings. :D

Vaentorian likes this.
  9. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I played a pirated Ultima 3 on my Dad's Commodore 64 back in the 80s. It took a long time to load and I had no instruction manual so I didn't play it for long (IIRC the character starved to death) so I have checked the 'never played' option. I have got some of the more recent Ultima games on GOG and/or Steam and, one day, I'll give them a try :)

I did play a lot of Bard's Tale on my Amiga but I never finished that. I found it more fun to get a disk full of characters that were maxed out in all their stats than finish off the story. I killed those 396 beserkers many, many times. In fact, before the modern era of games where it's almost impossible not to finish the story if you just keep playing I think the only games I ever 'completed' were the Commodore 64 port of Commando, which only had five levels, and the Civ games.

10. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

You left out one possible option: I have finished all of the Ultima games without the assistance of any walkthroughs, but I never played UO :rolleyes:

11. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

I found it impossible to complete the first Ultima by myself, because I'd already completed Ultima IV years before and was certain that you're not supposed to kill people in castles ;) so walkthrough/Google was very much required for the last part

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  12. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

I finished ultima 5, 6, 7 part 1, and 9. I needed a hint book to get all the words of power for 5, i remember sitting on the floor and reading the book in Waldenbooks when i was a kid. :p

13. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I got the Ultima series from GOG.com a few years ago but haven't really delved into them...

14. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

UVII part II Serpent Isles bugged out on me at the point where I needed to find Gwenno. Had to break out the online homework to find out about the bug. Same for UVIII, bugs caused some minor spoilers. UIX bugged out when receiving the dagger from the lava. Notice the trend.

Oh, and I fully destroyed UO with a walk through.

15. RobotBeginner

RobotBeginner Avatar

It is the Option 2, right?

16. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

I voted option 1, although I never played UO. But I completed all the Ultima's without assistance.

Garfield and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  17. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Never played any of the Ultima games...but i spent almost 10 yrs play UO. Tried to go back to UO last year but none of my friends were around and the shard i was on was dead. Tried to play UOF but wasnt very interested. I am happy here in Sota now so I am good.

18. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Never played any of the Ultima games. Only played UO online. I like UO for the same reason I like this one, the housing. I have to be engaged in something more than just fighting and fighting and fighting for just the sake of fighting. Just like PVP in my opinion, its gets old fast when you have whooped every butt that becomes available; there simply is only the title to maintain and the prestige in which can only be glorified occasionally in the nearest pup and have a dragged a newbie into the conversation just to listen. lol

19. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

I didn't use a walkthrough. Mostly back then you actually had to order a physical booklet. Cause there wasn't internet or available :) I did buy one for Leisure Suit Larry. You had to use a special marker pen to reveal hints :p

20. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

You forgot one other possibility. I never played any of the Ultima series, but "finished" UO.

Nhili Dragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.