Name Change Question

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Kinkara, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kinkara

Kinkara Avatar

My question is if I purchase and use a name change voucher, will my character with their new name be able to enter POT's that my old name was banned from? Or is the ban tied to an account? Currently banned from 7 POT's and I'm determined to get back in. Need to know if I can go the 25$ route, and just keep changing my name weekly, or if I need to buy a few more accounts.

iansmellios likes this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

The POT lockout is versus your Account ID. Name does not matter.
    We tested this early on by setting a POT lockout and then deleting the avatar and then trying to get in - didn't work.

3. Kinkara

Kinkara Avatar

Thank you. The 40$ route it is :/

4. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

When you name change it gets updated to your friends list, so probably it updates everywhere. :oops:

And a point of order,is my town on your list? And how many other governors have protected their towns with bans you have not discovered yet? I'm not sure how @DarkStarr is going to feel about you trying to end around player owned town bans. If you were not disrupting town and guild events for players, the bans would have never happened. If you continue to steal from folks and use exploits to gain an advantage,that is up to you. It is up to town owners to protect visitors by attempting to stop you from disrupting their visits. ;):)

FrostII likes this.
  5. Kinkara

Kinkara Avatar

No not at all. All I'm doing is using a PVP skill on PVP flagged players, flagged PVP myself. No harm to anyone who isn't flagged for PVP.

6. Kinkara

Kinkara Avatar

I could make the argument, that I'm not the one exploiting, but all the owners who have banned me for the above reasons you have mentioned. By what you have said, my banning is a way for them around the intended mechanics of PVP and reprecussions and consequences while flagged.
    you want your cake and to eat it too. #safespace #trammel

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  7. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

tsk tsk tsk, you crossed the line attacking a flagged player, dont you know for 70% its just a tag aesthetic for guild photos?

8. iansmellios

iansmellios Avatar

If your going to flag PvP expect that I say....Kinkara robbed me blind of some my valuable silngle stacked items....I think he gave up because I protected my self....you all probably have your internet protected with some sort of password....real life is PvP...

Crowquills likes this.
  9. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

I think @Kinkara makes the place more interesting. We need villains we love to hate. <3

Kinkara, if you get another account I hope you still do your trademark
    /z Check your oracles
    cause that amuses me every time.

Of course watching Kinkara get murdered repeatedly is super fun too. He takes it so well.

Being flagged puts you at risk of getting pickpocketed. Being a pickpocket puts you at risk of being hunted by an angry mob of pvpers. It's all a nice circle.

PS Kinkara once took a bodice off of me /blush

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  10. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Is @Kinkara the naked guy in Owl's Head? He was flagged and I thought he was some kind of pervert or something until he picked my pocket. LOL

Crowquills likes this.
  11. moko

moko Avatar

This is hilarous :D I commend @Kinkara for his tireless support of this game, buying probably at least one account/month :D

12. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Porta. has already established that you couldn't get banned from a PVP town. So you can go into any one of them and steal. They have also established that you can enter a zone, such as Kingsroad, and steal from anyone flagged PVP. I never flag PVP except for guild run events and currently our format has changed so I don't have to be flagged as a spectator any longer.

But,it is already established also that I have a choice,as other town owners do,to protect anyone who comes into our towns from thieves. The last telethon, they even made it clear that the time was coming where people who stole from NPC's ,there would be a price to be paid. I view that people who enter my town are under my and my guards protection.

So this is your price to be paid, you are caught stealing and town owners take action to protect their visitors and town residents. Because people see it as you want "mechanics of PVP with ZERO repercussions and ZERO consequences". The repercussions and consequences for thieves are varied, beyond being killed when caught, you are branded a thief and some people act upon it. People inform others, maybe a PK party is formed when someone finds where you are,town owners choose not to allow a known thief into their town. So you are the one who "want your cake and to eat it too."

You are free to steal and rob anyone flagged PVP for as long as you desire. But as in real life,when people know who you are,don't expect them to open the door to let a wolf into the chicken coop. :) As you are free to play your way,we are free to play it our way.

FrostII and Audacity like this.
  13. Peeps

Peeps Avatar

@Berek
    This is sounding like harassment and maybe Port should step up since this sort of thing has been reported multiple times.
    I would assume you are banned from the 7 PoTs because of harassment issues, and now it looks like you are trying to get around the game rules again in order to continue your harassment.

IMHO, I hope Port can figure out a way to stop you; if not then when we get 200 people like you in the game it will be doomed...

FrostII likes this.
  14. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Please do not try to circumvent POT bans. If you are banned from a POT, I assume that there was a good reason then for them doing so? POT bans are under the discretion of the POT owners. If you feel that a ban by the POT owners was not justified, please contact us, but know that there may be little we can do if it's a legitimate ban.

NRaas, Net and FrostII like this.
  15. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I know that's all you are doing.....playing the game as intended. Unfortunately there are some PoT owners who don't like thieves and will just ban you :(

As a thief mechanic I would love to see disguise kits (like UO), however as you quite rightly say a full name change is the only way to alter your identity however I am fairly sure that it will just update on peoples lists......people can also put a note against your name as well that would probably follow the change of name.

iansmellios and Korim Rackham like this.
  16. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I matters not what a player was banned from a POT for, Port has no say - I can ban you because I do not like your hair style. That is the beauty of private property.

If this works and is allowed to happen then Port is wrong, but they have clearly stated that these actions are wrong so if carried out the hammer should fall in a way that it never has to be even picked up again.

Oba Evesor, Jade and FrostII like this.
  17. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Owning a town gives the owner the right to be in charge of who is allowed to enter their town.
    In your case especially, it's is a precious and much deserved right.
    Live with it. :cool:

Womby, Oba Evesor and Jade like this.
  18. Net

Net Avatar

If you get banned from 7 POTs, you are doing something wrong...(or right if you play evil bastard?:p)

I would say that anyone should be free to use PvP skills on PvP flagged people, but POT owners should be allowed to ban anyone for about any reason. Same as lot owners.

There is still plenty of places to use PvP... PRTs, any adventuring scene with multiplayer, especially shardfalls.

PS: while I think that stealing at zone entrances or during events should be allowed, I see it as very good reason for ban as it is super annoying in some cases, and people like to feel more safe in their homes and towns.

PPS: Also note there is missing reputation system and guards are so useless both in POTs and NPC towns.

19. ashmaul

ashmaul Avatar

@Berek

Port was unable to resolve issues where I was unable to ban Kinkara from a lot in a PvP PoT.
    So the event that was held there was moved, not because of Kinkara, but because what do we do when we get 10-15 people doing the same thing and interrupting an event.

The event is now in a non-PvP PoT. and I have "Kinkara" and one of his alt accounts "Holdingrass Plumber" banned from my town.

I own 3 PoTs in Shroud, I do think it should be up to me who I let in them.

I also think if someone is creating multiple accounts to gain access to a PoT that the owner does not want them in, that is against the harassment section of the terms of service.

All I see here is Kinkara calling himself out for his bad behavior and terms of service violations.

Ash

Miracle Dragon, Onyx, Jade and 4 others like this.
  20. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

The evidence is in the first post - kind of my point but since you are calling a duck a duck - - -

FrostII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.