What Guilds are the major players?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juzzie, Dec 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juzzie

Juzzie Avatar

Been away for a while, I was wondering what guilds are the leading powers in the game currently.

Would be cool if there were guild population charts.

2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I honestly think their are not many leading guilds in game yet. I have seen big guilds pop up and split several times and degrade all over the game. Sure, some have large core membership. The last guild I was in had 100 people on at one time after persistence and that fell to maybe 10-15 recently.

Guilds who are just bulk adding people just to get big are the fastest to split up and die.

I think this game has a *lot* of flux right now, lots of people really not even playing right now and bouncing around.

Not really due to the guilds itself but frustrations with how this game is going resulting in what I have seen as a major population death since persistence.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  3. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Being in a guild is really meaningless right now, if you don't roleplay something something. So one can hope they implement some incentives for guilds to ally, war and do something together. I mean building cities would have been a great idea ;) but POTs yeaaaaaaah...

4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Lota people just prefer going through the grind with other players.
    We have small group that has helped push crafting skills, gear up new guys, and general farming.

I mean i COuuuuld do the whole game solo.. but yea they basically there for socializing.

5. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

In UO it was BMC -The Syndicate-The Home Guild and a few others. I am waiting for prominence in this one. The pecking order has yet to be established. ;):D

Cally likes this.
  6. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

The syndicate was that Great Lakes server?

7. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

8. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

There are a few guilds with established POTs. I have been in the BEAR Tavern for a couple years now through many ups and downs. And if POT success is the scale, the guild is definitely at or near the top.

However, POT success is not the only measure. It is and will always be about the people. In the Tavern I befriended some of my closest connections in the game; Aimend, Roper, Balec, Anosa, Greyfox, Fenrir,... Some of those have left the Tavern since, but I try to keep the connections.

During Sotacon, I made great contact with Sean Wolf from PAX an Lesni among several others.

As a result I am currently building a social circle that does not restrict itself to a guild. I recommend the same.

9. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

I think my guild mates would completely disagree with your assessment.

MrBlight and yobtar like this.
  10. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Networking is important regardless of if you are in a guild or not. I think it's better to be in a guild where you enjoy the company and make friends externally so you keep growing. Many of the bigger established guilds have events listed on the calendar. These events are good ways to meet new people and make friends.

11. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

What have you build/worked for/done with your guild ingame that had an impact on others or could be done by any other guild besides roleplaying something or decorating a POT which most guilds don't have?

12. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

13. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

In UO the BMC meant one player to me on Atlantic. A player named the town drunk. He was the nicest guy you ever want to meet. It was because of him I joined the BMC when I got here. And also why I left the BMC as it was nothing like him in either virtue or effort.

14. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

It's interesting to note that none of the large guilds have noticed this thread yet.

Jivalax Azon and Cally like this.
  15. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

Or that they are ignoring it.

16. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

IMO the major player guilds are the ones that are full of people that are helping the new players.

17. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I'm surprised there's not a SotA guild web interface here somewhere - I mean, there are some guilds and groups in game that are better advertised than MacDonalds - but I don't know if that means they're active or even populated for that matter... At one point I had a bunch of properties in game with vendors on most of them sporting my name in some way... and I'm a solo player. :D

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  18. Aimend

Aimend Avatar

<3

To the OP- It depends on what you think makes a guild a major player. I'm not going to name names, but there are at least several guilds that are active, run events regularly, participate in other events regularly, and are generally visible in game on a regular basis. You'll get to know who they are quickly.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  19. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Disagree. I live around, hunt with, interact with, etc. the members of our guild constantly. Not to the exclusion on non-guild players, but the guild is the backbone of my playing experience.

20. cagle

cagle Avatar

Another thought to consider when the poster asks about the big guild. Does that equal the big guild as in the number of members or the big guild with the most cash into the game

Jivalax Azon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.