Been few days in the game

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Gausson, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gausson

Gausson Avatar

Hi, I'm new here, nice to meet you all, and as a newbie I have a couple of questions..

1. Where can I buy the Recipe of Pine Long Bow with Supple Leather Bow String? I have crafted the Pine Long Bow Stave and Supple Leather Bow String, just missing the recipe to finish it...

2. What's the difference of PRT and POT?

3. I see some carts in town that go to several location that're not registered in the sotamap. Eg. At the Soltown's entrance, you can go to Bricktown, New Vesper and Siren's XXXX (fogot the name), but they're quite empty. Also other NPC cities have these carts too. Are these places PRT/POT too that can build our home later?

4. I see the pledge deeds and houses are expired now, what's the easiest way to own a place to live? It doesn't matter if it's real life money or in-game gold. Or even just a lot without a house, just want a place to store/sell my stuff.

5. Which town is good to settle my first home, as I can't tell which location has good traffic.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Some background info of me, I'm an archer/crafter (carpenter, tailor), and wish to be self sufficient. I mostly play solo.

craftymethod, Mata, majoria70 and 6 others like this.
  2. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

These are very good questions. There is a lot of development history behind them. I will give short answers, and if you need more information, plenty of people will help fill in the gaps.

Friend me in the game and I will answer questions directly for you too anytime.

1. The recipe for goods at the end of the crafting chain is not specific to type of materials. All you need to do is look for the recipe for "Long Bow". You can use it with whatever combination of materials you like. (There is a tricky component. The recipes for bowstaves for a long bow are listed as "material + bowstave". These are the "long bowstave" recipes.)
    2. A PRT (player run town) is a town created by the developers for player housing. A POT (player owned town) is a town that had to be purchased from Portalarium and allows the owner to choose the terrain, size, lot placement, deco, etc. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=41907
    3. Those are POT's. After a certain date, because of the number of POT's sold, Portalarium decided to remove the ability for overland access to keep the map from getting cluttered. They had to be "nested" within another town of any type.
    4. There are three main ways to home ownership. They all involve acquiring a deed for a specific sized lot (row, village, town, keep or castle). First, people trade them in the "Player Marketplace" section of the forum. Second, there is a raffle every release. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...tickets-for-release-36-lot-deed-raffle.72271/ Third, you can still get deeds for living in POTs through some of the "Bundles" sold in the store and under "Property Deeds" in the add-on store.
    5. Since the game is not finalized, traffic will change. More of the story quests will be added moving players to different parts of the map. Right now a lot of people hover around the Hidden Vale, Brittany, and Soltown/Ardoris. If you are talking about traffic for selling things, remember that you will need to acquire a vendor to be able to do so. Commission free vendors are available in the player marketplace or in some bundles in the store. You can also buy a vendor in-game, but these charge a commission.

3. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Mata, majoria70, iansmellios and 3 others like this.
  4. Acred

Acred Avatar

Vyrin did a great job answering your questions. All that remains is for me to welcome you to the forum and New Britannia, @Gausson !

Mata, majoria70, iansmellios and 3 others like this.
  5. Gausson

Gausson Avatar

Thanks to all of your replies :)

This game reminds me alot of UO footsteps.

And yay! finally got my 15% crit chance long bow done!

6. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Good work! Hope you keep achieving all your goals...

Mata, iansmellios, Luca Xante and 2 others like this.
  7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

You got some good answers from Vyrin there, I will just add to:
    All the towns with the best traffic is all accounted for, as in all the lots in them are already claimed by someone.
    You can see this by visiting the Town Crier and ask about "Lots". Those places that are not fully claimed are by definition not the ones with best traffic since that means lower population etc.

However there are some solutions.
    There are public vendors in all the major cities that you can list 10 items on each. The one which sells fastest is the one in Owl's Head. The one in Ardoris, Aerie and Brittany Central are ok-ish.
    There are nice players that let people in on their vendors/land. The ones with the best location would be:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-at-owls-head-free-storage-vendors-etc.65659/
    However such solutions take a bit of trust and setup.
    Even if you play mostly Solo the advice is still to guild up. Lots of guilds have their own locations (POTs) and their own markets etc. You could even make some customers within the guild etc.
    If it is a good guild/POT then they will generate traffic of their own.
    Send me a PM if you want me to make a sales pitch for the Lux's Rifthikers / Lux Sanctuary.
    Make due.
    The cheapest deeds you can get are Taxed POT-only Row deeds, and they are the most cheap right after a Raffle in the Player Marketplace. I've seen some sell for about 70 000 - 150 000 in game gold. (or about $35 although the market fluctuates with the raffle tides).
    You need to get ahold of a POT Governor which would let you claim a spot. Note that there are too many POTs for the current population so right now all you'd have to do was post such a post in the Player Owned Towns sub section and say that you were looking and you'd get swarmed with hopeful Governors that would love to have some more living there.
    Then get a vendor, the commissioned ones are 20 000 gold from the NPCs, and additionally 10g+10% in commission/tax per sale. A commission free vendor can only be got from other players and are expensive $125-150 or about 250 000 in game gold. So start with a commissioned one and see how it goes.
    When you have stocked your vendor then you can advertise your services here in the Player Marketplace:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/services-vendors.694/
    There is also a Yellow Pages run by players:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ouncing-the-new-britannia-yellow-pages.58480/

Also feel free to friend me in game and shoot any questions my way if you see me online, if so in chat write
    /friend Spoon
    or just whisper a question
    /w Spoon, Do you have time for a question?
    (whispers works even between play modes, so even if you are playing in Single Player Online you can still whisper someone who is playing in Multi Player Online)

8. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Welcome to the game. :)

Gausson, Mata, majoria70 and 2 others like this.
  9. Vero

Vero Avatar

Welcome and have fun!

Gausson, Mata, Luca Xante and 2 others like this.
  10. iansmellios

iansmellios Avatar

Welcome friend

11. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Gausson!

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome Gausson. :) I am Majoria in game. Please friend me if you like. I am always happy to answer questions and help or help find answers for you if I don't have the answers ;). Also if you want a place to stay temporarily until you get your bearings I can provide you with a chest and bind point in Wizards Rest which is located right behind Owlshead in Hidden Vale. Just send me a whisper in game by right clicking my name after you have added me to friends list which is the 'f' key. I can then hear you wherever you are and to return back to local chat it is /l so you can chat with someone locally again who is standing next to you. Also if you don't know by now you can see our emotes by hitting the 'o' key outside of the chat window and others can teach you some more emotes if teachable and npcs sometimes teach emotes. 'j' is for journal, 'b' is for crafting recipes, 'z' is to toggle combat ,and toggling it off after a battle helps you replenish health and focus faster. Anyway just a few tips and there are so many more ;)

Mata, Gausson and Cordelayne like this.
  13. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Welcome to the nut house, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do

14. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

Greetings to all the new players,in game look for Druid Galiwyn in Port Phoenix for anything you need to ask...Or anyone wearing the ;Hospitiler: tag..We have been helping new players for a while...

Gausson and Mata like this.
  15. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

@Gausson welcome, feel free to join me in multi player for exp grinding! Would enjoy the company i been back a few days myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.