What do you love most about SotA?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Liz, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

The potential.

Oh, and because @Corv is asking, it beats waiting around for UIX: Redemption ;)

*hides*

Bow Vale and Corv like this.
  2. Womby

Womby Avatar

What are the things that keep you playing?
    I get to be creative (design my own POT with scene stories and quests, write stories, make tiny movies); I get to build up and run a business.

What is SotA doing better than other RPGs in your opinion?
    Selective multiplayer, transparency, community engagement, player agency (giving players the ability to make lasting changes to the game, both from within the game and through the forums).

Tamsen, Stundorn, Bow Vale and 2 others like this.
  3. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

It reminds me of both Neverwinter Nights and Morrowind. The only contenders for my personal top game of all time.

Corv and Korim Rackham like this.
  4. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

I enjoy the graphics. Got a good card so they look fine to me. The music is enjoyable and I can't get enough of all parts of Brittany. I get lost every time but it's kind of fun. Once we have more content sending us into the hilly neighborhoods of Central Brittany it'll be bustling.

I also enjoy the way I can do more than just follow the quests. I'll do those too, but I can also build up a rep as a traveling salesman if I want. I'm looking toward the days of future SotA; that world looks exciting.

5. Liz

Liz Avatar

[​IMG]
    Check our site on Sunday 18th :)

Kambrius likes this.
  6. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

honestly, after 1 year of hard playing. What do I "Love"... Not much (I do "like" some things). My game play over the past month has dropped. They really havent done any new content in the past 2 releases (shorter holiday season)... Im basically grinded out. I solo grinded to lvl 86 and Im just kinda done and there really isn't much more to do in the game. I got my PoT kind of set as well as my keep lot. My vendor in Brit central is stuffed with 100+ chain pieces without sales so I have no reason to craft or mine. I really think this game only has 3ish months to offer a player even with a 5 figure pledge in it. The games diversity is terrible, they refuse to add variety focusing on fans, snowmen, hats, kinda lame pets, etc.... instead of new creature types, weps and armors for one to collect and show off (see mannequins). Population is in the utter toilet which is truly the measure of where the game is going.

I hope they can do more by release but I just dont see it happening. This game did not live up to expectations and while I played it thousands of hours and will continue to.... I regret putting so much money into it.. But they truly over sold where this game would be.

The only glimmer soon might be sieges but if is as half cooked as most things over the past year, it will be lame. Ill also note that sieges were supposed to be in the game sometime last spring if I recall release notes right.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    Koldar, Kirran and Kaisa like this.
  7. Gix

Gix Avatar

Nothing. That's not to say I don't like anything about SotA, but everything needs to improve.

Lara of Grimmwold and Kaisa like this.
  8. Qwark

Qwark Avatar

i love my town and the people in it, and all the rest of the friends i have made here. i love deco. i love the sunrise and sunset, the night sky. I love the trees and flowers. i love crafting furniture. i love being accountable for my actions.

9. mass

mass Avatar

Definitely need all these.

10. Morgoth redbeard

Morgoth redbeard Avatar

i like the deck i love the guild i love the bears in game and did i say the bears i love them
    and i love the houses i love the vendor system i love just looking up at the sky and see odd stuff i never seen befor
    i love the statues

and i just love walk in to a house and see its personaliced and no house simmilar to that house love allot more stuff just to much to write down

11. Lyndoman

Lyndoman Avatar

The richness and depth of the game. The fact that there are many different play styles and many different types of people. Alongside the blood thirsty, Nagen loving, collector of tears PvPrs, are the gentle, creative roleplayers and next to them the industrious crafters and the bean counting industrialists.

That kind of depth and richness is what a great game attracts.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    Tamsen and Bow Vale like this.
  12. dp_dropout

dp_dropout Avatar

I love SPO where I can take my time to do whatever I want without any interference from other people.
    I love fishing and was extremely happy to read that it was to be included in the next release (but I guess there were more important issues to deal with first).

I hate that SPO is under a lot of pressure from certain pvp advocates who apparently prefer some half-assed mmo full of victims.
    I hate that crafting, including fishing, is apparently becoming a side project while all the energy and resources seem to be used in a never-ending balancing cycle.

13. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

It's potential.

14. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

Larawyn Skjaldmaer Avatar

The option to work on things as part of a team. I'm a disabled work-aholic who actual likes to do things like update wikis and make lists and plan out projects. Whats better is no one is unproductively territorial, in fact they are equally helpful.

15. Graynight

Graynight Avatar

What should the Devs definitely not change?
    The grind-for-skills system. I love the fact that I'm not bound by a "class", and I only build up the skills I use. Makes for a more unique character than the "Skills by level" that most systems use. Fastest way to lose me is to follow the path of WoW and go to a level based "Tada! Level 10, you can now pickpockets".

What are the things that keep you playing?
    Well, right off the top, Lord British stuck his name on this. I love the mythos he creates.

The POT's are great. I like the ability to put stuff where I want it. (Yes, within reason). And it's not like decorating a guild hall where no one sees it unless you invite them. These towns are open for everyone to see.

I love just wandering around and exploring, learning about the history of the world. (Although after reading Sword of Midras, I need to create an offline character so I can go visit Opalis and Midras, cuz I'm not a pvper)

I love the idea that when I want to be social, I can pop into Multiplayer and find new people. When I want to hang with some friends and not have someone steal my kills or grab my <resource> node, I can go into Friends Online. When I'm feeling anti-social and just want to kill things, I can go into Single Player and not have to see anyone.

What is it you tell others when you try to convince them to play it?
    I play it, I like it, get your <expetive> over here and join me

What is SotA doing better than other RPGs in your opinion?
    1 - They listen. Tell me another place that the Devs are watching the forums or running telethons, answering questions, stopping by to drop off a skull at some town. Yeah, they may not have all the answers, and let's be honest, a lot of the stuff being asked for is a coding nightmare... but they are watching, listening, and making changes/improvements based on their client base

2 - Grind for skills. Yes, others have them, but I like this system the best.

3 - They actually care. (And here is where I get the trolls). I have played a lot of games where the bottom line is Money. The only reason they change or improve something is... Money. Anyone see the (once again, IMO) Fallen Empire addition to SWTOR? Destroyed the whole game for me. These guys change things because (I feel) they genuinely love the world they are creating, and want to make it better. The creators aren't just counting their money, they are out playing the game that they built.

Tamsen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.