Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Elven Home Foliage next door coming through my walls

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by JaayyJaay, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaayyJaay

JaayyJaay Avatar

Just a visual bug, but makes decorating hard. :)

[​IMG]

Just thought I'd share.
    Thanks.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Please include location coordinates via the /loc chat command. Is this in a NPC town, or a POT?

3. JaayyJaay

JaayyJaay Avatar

/loc command didnt do anything that I could see.
    Its a POT. - Bay Lunaire.
    First house on the right as you spawn in from docks

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Unfortunately issues like this are left to the discretion of the POT owners to adjust and place markers in a way that would clear foliage to their liking. We eventually expect to create tools to make this easier for POT owners, but we will not be able to apply a fix for this POT on our end.

We might suggest placing pavers to remove excess foliage, or more markers to get better clearage.

5. JaayyJaay

JaayyJaay Avatar

Thats okay, I understand.

Its a row lot in a line of row homes, beside an elven home.
    I have no idea how the mechanics of POT's work, so I'll just take your word for it. :D

Thanks for the quick response!

6. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

I am the governor of this PoT and I disagree wholeheartedly that this is somehow my issue.

The ROOF of Portalarium's row home is sticking through this gentleman's row home. Not one of my trees and not a decoration in the neighbors home. The roof of an elven home exceeds the boundary clearly delineated by the marker. This is an oversight in the artist's work, which although the look is fantastic, should have been tested in a setting like Elad's, Central Brittany... oh ANY town within the game.

I did not somehow magically place the marker anywhere that somehow exploited an error in this game. I painstakingly placed each marker in the town; a task that requires a lot of care and effort on my part not mention the maintenance it requires to suit demand. I was not messing around and accidentally nudge a marker on top of another.

It's not possible.

Fix the row house model. I've got awesome residents and they busted their humps to make great places to live in-game. This isn't their error nor is it mine. We don't deserve to be forced to yank up all of the properties in the row to somehow avoid some extraordinary boundary that doesn't exist in the decoration system for the PoT. I respected your rules; I modeled my row home layout after all of the layouts in-game.

dein93 and Bodhbh Dearg like this.
  7. JaayyJaay

JaayyJaay Avatar

Hello again,

I am getting to the point where I am trying to decorate this area, and it really is getting in the way.
    I noticed this has been marked as "known" now. Does that mean that it is being looked into? Or is it still in the hands of the POT owner?

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.