Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Fire range exploit AOE

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by NZguzzi, Dec 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NZguzzi

NZguzzi Avatar

Hello,
    I was in an area hunting bears when suddenly fire started raining from the sky.
    All other bears nearby turned and ran off away into the distance.
    I could not see any other players so decided to chase the bears.
    Here is what I found around the corner and over a hill crest.
    [​IMG]
    See actually lots fire coming down but screen shot shows only a couple, there was one in this tree trunk
    [​IMG]
    See fire in tree branches, this was falling like rain around me, i can just see a glow up over hill, way in the distance.
    [​IMG]
    And there it is, a player off in the distance..... this range is ridiculous.

2. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

I think theres some crazy de-sync going on. I saw some similar things with lightning. Players "disappearing", mobs not responding to being shot many times, and then the log would suddenly update with many hits. SPO was much smoother once I moved there.

margaritte likes this.
  3. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I believe what you are experiencing is the current de-sync issue, @NZguzzi. Attenwood said yesterday, "CRITICAL UPDATE: We are aware of an issue of non-master players not having their positions updated correctly This can be identified either by seeing others not where they should be, running in place, getting healed by people who may be far away, or attacked by things far away, or AI not engaging with you, or sometimes running tio attack you at someplace you aren't Bug id is 38620 If you see something weird going on with AI, first reaction would be to check /whoismaster and ensure you're not the master."

Hopefully this will be fixed very soon :D

4. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

Yes I think this is me in the Pics you put :), ( If your in Ulfiem ) and yes there is many issues with de-syncing and also fire animation. I am not sure though that the range is actually larger but it sure looks that way..
    also the Ring of fire, immolation animation seem to be not working as this could be a by product of the other issues.

I am glad its been posted as a bug as I was about too myself :)

5. zcundizmond

zcundizmond Avatar

This happens whenever I use immolate as well, but it doesn't actually seem to damage at that range so I don't think it's as much an exploit as it is a graphical glitch at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.