Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

r37 and Mac OS X client

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by fonsvitae, Dec 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Avatar

It took all of ten minutes for the house I live in to load. Going out hunting, the combat was very slow, very sluggish, all of the time - something about 5 times slower than any sluggishness I have previously experienced in game, and this current sluggishness is constant throughout the combat. The art on the character sheet (paper doll) takes a minute to load and the cloak appears partly in front rather than in the back.

Things were not this way prior to this release (nowhere near). I have also read posts from other Mac users who have complained of major graphics and performance issues w/ this release. It's awful for something like this to occur during, of all times, a patch/ fix for performance issues... but that's what has happened.

The purpose of this thread is not to beat on the devs, it is to compare notes on this problem and hopefully draw attention to it and get it resolved. Can any other Mac users please take the time to chime in? Is there a proper place to report this, to help bring it to the devs attention? Thank you

*edited to add Mac specifications...

Processor: 1.1 (boosts to 2.4) GHz Intel Core M
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5300 1536 MB

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    Bamboozle likes this.
  2. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

MPO was very slow and laggy to load. Everything from the bank to paper doll, and lot decor. But on the order of 10-30 seconds for the initial load. Bank is just very slow every time.
    SPO was better but still laggy in town. Most load times faster, but bank still took a while. Combat MPO had that de-sync going on. SPO was smoother and perhaps better than R36.

Nothing like the 10 min times you're seeing. I think if everyone provided system specs & mode it might help.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770HQ CPU @ 2.20GHz (8) System RAM: 16384
    GPU: Intel Iris Pro OpenGL Engine GPU RAM: 1536
    LOC: SoCal

3. Gix

Gix Avatar

Yeah sure.

Except for the usual performance hiccup here and there in large scenes (like Ardoris or Brittany) and a slight delay at the bank, I have no problem what-so-ever. I dare say performance has improved on my end (it's quite noticeable in the small scenes). I only play MPO.

late 2013 Mac Pro
    macOS 10.12.1
    12Gb Ram
    AMD FirePro D300 2048mb

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  4. mmikelas

mmikelas Avatar

R36 was the first version of the Mac client that didn't continually crash and frustrate the hell out of me as a Mac user.

R37, build 522 - when I launch the game I get a ton of bright screen flicker - almost as if the client is trying to determine graphics capabilities or something (never happened in previous builds). Overall performance has definitely improved. Zoning and initial load times are kind of painful now though... but about 5-10 secs in, everything seems to stablize and the hitching and other lagginess experienced before is now gone. I definitely see reduced CPU and memory footprint... in fact, the MBP is not longer completely burning my legs off because it runs so hot when playing this game - still pretty damn hot though.

2012 MBP
    Sierra 10.12.2
    16GB RAM, 2.6Ghz i7
    Nvidia GT650M 1GB / Intel HD 4000 1.5GB
    Samsung 840 EVO SSD

5. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Avatar

Update:

When I wrote my initial post, it was in reaction to an unbelievable wait of 9 minutes for a house (mine) to load. Fortunately, things have gotten better.

The load times seem to have come back to what things were like before.. not the best, but not "scratch your head in disbelief". The housing is showing up in decent time and the combat, though falling into its sluggish patches (it did this before also), is no longer consistently sluggish as it was the night the patch was DL.

Overall, I didn't see the benefits in performance this patch was said to bring, but most of the issues that it seemingly brought have cleared away. Only unfortunate thing left behind from the patch are graphics glitches (cloak in front of avatar on paper doll/ excessive flashing on start up of game). Just thought I would give this update to be fair and clear re where things are.

Bamboozle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.