Research project on crowdfunding of video games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steigenberger_UoC, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steigenberger_UoC

Steigenberger_UoC Avatar

Greetings,

the University of Cologne currently conducts a research project studying success and failure of crowdfunding activities in the video gaming industry. Part of this research project is a questionnaire addressed at active or previous backers of Kickstarter projects. Although the SotA Kickstarter campaign has been over for some time, the research might still be relevant and interesting for you. The goal of this questionnaire is to understand the motivation of backers. If you supported at least one video game development project on Kickstarter so far (e.g. SotA), I would appreciate you filling out the following questionnaire:

Survey

The research has a purely academic background and receives no financial support by any outside sources. The results will be publicly available upon project completion. If you want to receive the results, just provide a valid email address at the end of the questionnaire. Please contact me if you have any questions regarding this research.

Appreciating your support, best regards

Norbert Steigenberger
    Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Sciences
    Albertus-Magnus-Platz
    D-50923 Cologne, Germany

Mordecai likes this.
  2. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

3. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

If we do this, you need to draw up a whitepaper on how PvP and PvE can work together in a Risk Vs Reward system.

sos: Carbon bank, T., Leichsenring, J., & Steigenberger, N. , 2009. Cost efficiency and safety - A conflict? An exploratory study using the example of the police. Focus prints.
    Carbon bank, T., Leichsenring, J., & Steigenberger, N. , 2009. Cost efficiency and safety - A conflict? An exploratory study using the example of the police. Focus prints.

4. GimmeUOPlz

GimmeUOPlz Avatar

Interesting, and I think definitely very relevant to SotA.

My prediction is you find that the people who donate to these games are much more invested in the success of the game, not just monetarily but emotionally. If people are willing to help fund a project from ground zero, imo they likely believe in it pretty passionately.

Going to take the survey, very interested to see the results.

EDIT: Oops I filled mine out wrong for monthly income rofl. Oh well doubt thats too important, but still woops.

5. Steigenberger_UoC

Steigenberger_UoC Avatar

The survey ends on Sunday, thanks to all who contributed so far. If you are interested in crowdfunding of video games and did not fill out the questionnaire so far, please do so in the next two days. Results will be available in January/February and will be emailed to all participants who provided a valid email address.

6. Luciferase

Luciferase Avatar

Very interesting. I look forward to the results. Done!

7. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

completed the survey. Good luck, good questions, they were exactly things that I consider when backing anything. This is still the only game I've backed because I have that much confidence in this team and RG. I did an initial pledge of $40, and as kickstarter rolled on by the final days I went to the knight level, and my dad also went to knight, and my brother to lord... so that's quite a bit of faith my family has based on the interviews and videos the team put out. I might have scored them a bit low on kickstarter, but their in-game footage was damaging to the point it turned away many would-be backers.

8. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

9. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I couldn't really answer properly or acurately based of my views of the current state of the game...
    So I didn't complete the quiz.

10. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

Completed. Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.