Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

pvp and direction of the game.

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by Nemesis2, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

What is truly pathetic is they spent so much time and effort making all these Shardfalls, gave them the latest and greatest Graphics, made them with more resources and and spawn, and they where completely ignored. So PvP in general was a joke. Then they give it (PvP) a even bigger kick in the behind by luring players to flag and play in MP. It all looks good on paper and in the beginning. Now they are all hell bent on a "Bucs Den" like town. More development time and graphics spent, a whole new housing mechanic, more and more to lure the sheep to the wolves.

In the end it will look exactly like UO did - A very few "power" players haunting these lands and everyone else avoiding them and not happy.

But they are not budging they are going to do it come hell or high water.

No matter how many players come out and state how much they do not like it or approve of it.

2. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Remember this?
    [11/30/2016 8:11:59 PM] Grumpie Weinie has been slain by Gideon Thrax's Chain Lightning!

That was a good day.

3. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

From what I have seen Berek is one of the few that has a very balanced and fair approach to this. I'm impressed, as he seems not to let his personal opinions bias his enforcement of forum rules. But, Unfortubately it seems like personal opinion bias is affecting the direction of the game.

Xandra7 likes this.
  4. Blink

Blink Avatar

There is no "negative impact of powergamers." I don't know where you came up with this... Having hardcore gamers wanting to play 24/7 suggests the game is healthy.

Knightguy and Rada Torment like this.
  5. Blink

Blink Avatar

No ****. When you are playing for 8 hours you are going to make mistakes, forget to loot, die to trivial content, lose pvp vs someone weaker than you. It is natural. That's why we take breaks.

To suggest that the superhero-like character we are playing.. the damn AVATAR! is going to become mentally feeble and unable to retain information? What a joke.

6. Blink

Blink Avatar

The ones I feel for are the people who join when the game is "released." Everyone else has a massive advantage over them. As far as PvP being a BONUS to xp? You should try it some time. I guarantee when I logged in DR and killed a PVP player kiting fero reds the only thing he could think about was the massive advantage he had over the non pvp guys who kept on killing right next to him.

I can tell you for sure being on a control point and getting assaulted by griefers who are exploiting terrain (throwing fireballs from out of line of sight above the world) is a massive advantage. Now the advantage has been cut so small that it's not worth the trouble. PvP is off for me till there is a worthwhile reward again.

7. Blink

Blink Avatar

That never happened. Zone would fill up, 2nd instance would pop, and the group would go to the 2nd instance. This was more desirable than muscling our non-pvp friends off the CP by brute force out dpsing them. If another group wanted to pop into the 2nd instance all they had to do was fill up the first one, same as we did.

8. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Here's one example:
    [​IMG]

9. Blink

Blink Avatar

Exactly. So if the instance was full, you're not getting in. Simply an oversight by Port. You can call it an exploit all you want, but I hardly agree.

Now in the case of said "PVPers"*Cough* Griefers(really just silly children poking a beehive with a stick) purposely crashing the zone with soothing rain and throwing fireballs from un-targetable locations(I.E after glitching into the wall and above the world at said Control Point.) Those are exploits.

10. wmidgard

wmidgard Avatar

well i have been in those great zones .
    1) thy are 5 skuls areas ( make a few that are 2-3 skul and you might see some action ) .
    2) more resources and spawn ( FALSE )
    if i am mistaken please tell me but i have lookt and not found a thing .
    - more nodes for harvesting ?
    - rare crittesrs to tame ? ( not asking for another monster just asking for another skin like a white horse or a red scorpion or a golden bear ) .
    so if you know of any shardfall area whith more ore nodes please let me know .

11. Jocularis

Jocularis Avatar

I'm a pve player, I feel the opposite. The xp bonus is a good idea.

Rada Torment likes this.
  12. Nemesis2

Nemesis2 Avatar

you should NOT get a PVE bonus reward for PVPing.

Knightguy and Evadrepus like this.
  13. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Speaking of bonuses... there's only 13 days left on the 10% holiday bonus. Always buy your starter gear direct from the add-on store - it can't be looted - and it never loses max durability!

14. Evadrepus

Evadrepus Avatar

The more these parts of the games are seperate (like Shardfalls - frankly a genius idea), the better. Mixing or force mixing (like the bonus does) never works out long term.

Nemesis2 likes this.
  15. Gix

Gix Avatar

XP is not PvE exclusive. PvP should essentially work the same way as PvE... but with human brain on the other end.

I should get more XP by killing players with a higher adventurer level just as I would if I were to fight a more powerful mob. Killing a bear or a spider while being flagged for PvP shouldn't earn me more than another player who isn't flagged.

If anything, why can't players just be worth more XP, instead? I'm not a huge fan of this but at least it would be better than what we currently have.

Don't you think that flagging for PvP when you're not participating (or don't want to) PvP BAD DESIGN in the first place?

That's the same mindset that allows non-PvP flagged players to get first strike on PvP flagged players...

Shouldn't you want to flag to PvP because you want to PvP? If you don't flag PvP or don't want to PvP, you shouldn't have to nor should you be allowed to participate in it on a whim. It turns PvErs away just as much as it turns PvPers away. It's stupid.

I'm insulted to be part of a community that thinks I need some kind of reward to participate in the activity that I want to partake in. If the bonus XP is to compensate for something like looting or increased chances of deaths, then MAYBE the developers need to take another look at their game!

People need to stop pretending that the game is fine just because they found a way to game the system.

I don't want my add-on store items to be stolen like anyone else but if people are using add-on store items to circumvent the system, then maybe the devs need to take a closer look at their game at how they penalize players.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    uhop and valor like this.
  16. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Good point. I never really thought that Blues players DO get the first strike on pvpers. ^^

17. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

I agree with you that it is bad design. My defense of it was not because I like it, but because it's the first time anything has been done for PVP in ages and the PVE community flipped their lids over it as if the apocalypse had occurred. At this point anything PVP focused is greatly appreciated by the PVP community and I think the PVE community needs to be patient while whatever is introduced for PVP is tested. Anyway, to clearly answer your question, yes I believe flagging for PVP when you're not participating is bad design. There are other things which I have proposed in other threads that I believe would do more for PVP over this XP bonus in the long run, however, when something is being tested I would rather see people act like adults rather than spread lies over the forums. Yes the XP bonus is bad design, but does it offer one thing to a player that it does not offer to another? Certainly not and anyone saying that it does that is lying.

uhop, Preachyr and Gix like this.
  18. Nemesis2

Nemesis2 Avatar

As I will never EVER flag pvp there is more reward for those that do. PVE and pvp should never mix. pvp should NOT get pve rewards just for flagging. BAD idea BAD design.

uhop likes this.
  19. mike11

mike11 Avatar

I can't consciously support several major aspects of this game (including pvp) doesn't mean too much other than just that. Direction itself is a entire topic itself and I think sota could probably benefit from a focus just on direction...
    Maybe the team should take a break from programming and tech stuff and spend one release just working out more of the "why?" of this game..

Nemesis2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.